PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Duality: What to do after finding the raft?

I_H8__GTA
07-22-2007, 07:46 PM
I've been playing Hidden Duality, and I've just beaten the Bandit's Cave, found the raft and 4th Triforce shard inside, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do next, because I can't reach the snowy Northern mountains where they say the 5th dungeon is found. The only two raft launch points I've found take me somewhere where I can't do anything yet. What should I do next?

DarkFlameWolf
07-22-2007, 08:00 PM
Go to the snow northern mountains.
You can reach there in one of two ways. Via the wand and magic book via the Askavar caves in the Light World OR, go to Death Mountain in the dark world just north of level 4 and again, use your wand and magic book to uncover a portal there to take you to the northern mountains in the light world. Your choice.

I_H8__GTA
07-22-2007, 11:47 PM
I got some distance into the Sleet Stone Temple, but I'm confused again. I got two keys, used them to get the Red Lantern, found two more keys, but I have no door to use them for. I only have 4 bombs because I never found the capacity expansion in the desert.

DarkFlameWolf
07-23-2007, 07:19 AM
bottom right of desert, try bombing some cactai.
And once you get the ladder next in level 5, just north of Dali, across a little stream, push the rock to find another expansion.

I_H8__GTA
07-23-2007, 03:50 PM
I would have never thought of blowing up that cactus without your help. I purchased the bomb expansion, then searched Sleet Stone for more bombable walls, and found two. One led to a key (I have 3 now) and one led to a chasm. I have no idea how to get to the step ladder or anywhere to use my keys.:confused:

DarkFlameWolf
07-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Try going through the bottom left door one room up from the entrance and try following that path.

I_H8__GTA
07-23-2007, 10:59 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

I_H8__GTA
07-24-2007, 05:53 PM
Now that I've reached Deathevn Catacombs, my situation is even more complicated: I've found a key and spent it on a door to find another lock. In the northeast corner of floor 2/3, there is a stairwell leading to a maze. I got through, defeated two Manhandlas, and found a gravestone that doesn't produce ghosts, but I can't do anything with it. (I probably need a Lens of Truth). A portal leads to a room with a treasure box containing 20 Rupees. Also in that room are two Dodongos, a WizzLord, a bunch of Wallmasters, some spikes, and a portal leading to the entrance. In another room, I bombed the north wall and found 10 rupees, and behind a large torch is a hole. I go down, and I'm in a room with Like Likes (which I eliminated with the Bow/Arrow) In the room to the left is an old man telling me about the 25 keys to Ganon. In the room to the right are two Ghinis and 5 gravestones in a row. I tried Bombs, I tried the Ocarina, and it was to no avail. I'm fresh out of ideas.

DarkFlameWolf
07-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Well, for the gravestone that don't sprout ghosts, try pushing it without a single enemy in the room, that includes the ghosts that sprout from the OTHER graves.

And for the last room with 5 gravestones in a row, try walking through walls.

I_H8__GTA
07-24-2007, 06:35 PM
I tried both, neither worked.

DarkFlameWolf
07-24-2007, 10:09 PM
Well walking through walls along the center is a big thing for level 6. Try doing it at the entrance for an extra key.

I_H8__GTA
07-25-2007, 12:21 AM
East from the entrance is the key I already picked up. It's the other one(s) I'm looking for.

DarkFlameWolf
07-25-2007, 06:58 AM
ah, its downstairs, to the right and north twice through some walk-thru walls.

I_H8__GTA
07-25-2007, 01:37 PM
I went down both stairwells that led downstairs, and the hole that I could fall through, went east one room, and tried to walk through all spots of the north walls, but I didn't go through. Perhaps there's something I'm not making clear.

DarkFlameWolf
07-25-2007, 01:56 PM
well, you want the stairwell with the dodongos, stalfos 2 and wizzrobes in the room and a nice big sandpit. Its near the compass, just north of the compass room actually. That's the stairwell you want. Once on the lower floor, head right through the UPPER door into a small blocked off area with a grave or two. Walk north in the center of that screen to reach the next room, and north again to reach the room adjacent to where you get your key.

I_H8__GTA
07-25-2007, 05:58 PM
I've finally figured it out! The walk-through doors are not on-center with the gravestones. I made it all the way to the boss room in Deathevn Catacombs, but...a few seconds into the battle, I always get knocked into one of the holes. If I ever beat Gohma, I'll just be bound for another roadblock: The swamp to the east, where the Sun shines and the Worms fly. It looks to be off the map and inaccessible.

DarkFlameWolf
07-25-2007, 06:08 PM
It is....unless you find a portal to it from the dark world. That's where your handy hookshot 'may' come in handy. :P

hello
07-25-2007, 06:13 PM
I cant find the sword what the f--k is wrong with your qst it sucks without the sword but all your other qsts are unbeliveable you are one of the best qst makers I have ever seen keep it up.

DarkFlameWolf
07-25-2007, 06:35 PM
you should have started WITH the sword to begin with. If you didn't, then you are probably playing it in a version that has a bug which removes the sword from your possession at start. So try playing HD in a beta it was meant and tested for: Beta 183. I can't be responsible for what happens if you do not.
That bug is known and is as a result of playing this quest in the wrong beta. So don't blame me about it.

I_H8__GTA
07-28-2007, 04:26 PM
I can't for the life of me find more than one of the first few keys in Gnarled Root Dungeon.

I_H8__GTA
08-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Bump one! I need help to find all the keys to the first dungeon item in Hidden Duality Level 7!

DarkFlameWolf
08-03-2007, 05:13 PM
There are multiple entrances to level 7 scattered across the swamp, one is behind some tree layers at the north end where you have to bomb a half-viewed dirt patch and drop down into the dungeon below in a new area.

I_H8__GTA
08-03-2007, 11:04 PM
I left Zjarrinmar Cove, saved, and restarted. I turned up in the northwest corner of the Flipper room, stuck in the wall. I was like, "You have got to be kidding me..."

DarkFlameWolf
08-04-2007, 07:49 AM
If you are playing in beta 183 (the version IT WAS MEANT FOR), a quick ZC reboot will fix that, if you are playing in any other beta but 183, you're screwed.

I_H8__GTA
08-05-2007, 02:32 PM
And how do I reboot the game if I should get stuck in the corner of the screen?

Luigi
08-05-2007, 02:45 PM
And how do I reboot the game if I should get stuck in the corner of the screen?

Press F6 and select 'CONTINUE'.

JP Blanchette
01-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Hey, DFW. I was wondering if you are going to or have someone remake this quest?

DarkFlameWolf
01-14-2008, 12:09 PM
you're kidding right? O_o

JP Blanchette
01-14-2008, 01:39 PM
you're kidding right? O_o

:rolleyes: No, I was thinking about using the DoR Tileset for the remake.

DarkFlameWolf
01-14-2008, 04:05 PM
go ahead, I'm not doing it though. Too much work and too little real life time to do ZC at the moment. Sorry.

newbe swan
09-03-2008, 08:46 AM
Try going through the bottom left door one room up from the entrance and try following that path.

Sorry for posting on 2 posts, but I was going through more and found something here...

I played most of your quests so far DFW, and love them!

I really need help on this. I got the red candle and 3 keys, but doesn't seem to work or I can't figure it out.

Tried for days to get ladder and blue mail. I'm using version 1.92, but I don't know which beta...does it matter?

I tried bombing and walking through everything I could think of, to no avail. :eek::eek:

Nevermind....finally found something.

DarkFlameWolf
09-03-2008, 01:33 PM
level 5 is split up into three distinct paths that all lead to dead ends + the item or boss you're looking for. They branch after floor 9 and just keep diverging as you go down. So you really can't crisscross between the paths once you're deep on one. So keep bombing walls or floors and keep going down, gathering keys until you get your item, or reach the boss.

DarkFlameWolf
10-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Holy Spambots Batman!