PDA

View Full Version : Imagine what would ZC 10.00 would be like?

cbailey78
07-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Here's a fun thought! Imagine what Zelda Classic 10.00 would be like in the far future? Give us your thoughts! :)

ShadowTiger
07-21-2007, 02:55 PM
I'm pretty sure it'll be included in our hoverboots' Operating System. Yeah. Why not.

Nimono
07-21-2007, 04:44 PM
3D-ness. 'Nuff said. :P

cbailey78
07-21-2007, 05:04 PM
Paint a mockup of your imagination what ZC and ZQ would look like!

Nicholas Steel
07-21-2007, 06:26 PM
why not you!?

Petoe
07-21-2007, 06:37 PM
I hope ZC 10.00 will be bugfree and stable. ;) And I hope I will still be alive when it is released. :P

Majora
07-21-2007, 07:27 PM
Heh, I made this topic a while ago. I hope to see more enemies from every Zelda game to date (that can function just as well in 2D as 3D)

WindStrike
07-21-2007, 08:52 PM
You guys know that you'll all probably end up having touch-screen monitors by then, right? (Phantom Hourglass?)

Nah, I'd have fun making "quest maps" with special win triggers. Think Starcraft/Warcraft maps. O_o And then release it on... well, ZC Online would probably be well out by then, so sure thing!

... live on, ZC!

Revfan9
07-21-2007, 09:21 PM
I'll be a toaster! :O

DarkDragon
07-21-2007, 09:55 PM
Fuck touch-screen. ZC 10.00 will be mind controlled (http://news.com.com/The+next+game+controller-your+brain/2100-1043_3-6165143.html).

(Although 10.00 will be little-used since it will induce seizures in quest authors when they try to use the tile grabber. A fully debugged version won't be released until version 17.30 ;) )

Gleeok
07-21-2007, 10:19 PM
ZC ver 10.00, what would it be like:

*By Gleeok*

-Computers will now reign supreme over humans and force people to wear geen tunics and reenact LOZ through virtual reality for their own amusement.

-Debate over how the NES screen scrolling really works will still be going on.

-The enemy editor will almost be completed, and I still won't know what misc.7 does on floating type enemies.

-I still will not have completed a finished quest.

-George P.W. Bush Jr. Jr. becomes president of the U.S. and inadvertantly destroys the world when he initiates a doomsday device because he was sleepwalking.

-Paris Hilton will weigh 400 pounds and choke to death on a hoagie while stuck in the door of an elevator. R.I.P.

-Zquest will have so many new features that coarses will be offered at your local community colledge.

-And of coarse...I still will not have finished a quest.

Mega Link
07-22-2007, 07:47 PM
In ZC version 10.00 Link can ride a horse across a bridge over a river, ram into a wall, fall off a cliff, equip magnetic boots, go back up, walk on the ceiling, jump off, land in a pit, transform, into a wolf, dig a hole, fall into a pit of lava, but equip iron boots before it's too late (while still a wolf), land on the wall, shoot a clawshot target on the other wall, shoot another clawshot target, jump down, land in a pool of cold water in the middle of the lava pit, dive down deep with zora armor on (as a wolf), and say "Hi" to the Zoras.

(Forgive me if I had any typos.)

Brandon
07-22-2007, 08:44 PM
In ZC version 10.00 Link can ride a horse across a bridge over a river, ram into a wall, fall off a cliff, equip magnetic boots, go back up, walk on the ceiling, jump off, land in a pit, transform, into a wolf, dig a hole, fall into a pit of lava, but equip iron boots before it's too late (while still a wolf), land on the wall, shoot a clawshot target on the other wall, shoot another clawshot target, jump down, land in a pool of cold water in the middle of the lava pit, dive down deep with zora armor on (as a wolf), and say "Hi" to the Zoras.

(Forgive me if I had any typos.)

And afterwards people will be screaming for a stable release again.

beefster09
07-23-2007, 12:06 AM
-It will have full 32-bit color.

-It will still be for the classic 2-D Zeldas but will also feature Z-3 scrolling, custom-sized overworlds, and perspective rendering (like in Pokemon Pearl/Diamond)

-Syntax highlighting

-It will better support controllers

-ZQuest will have a "Make me an omelet" menu item. :P

-The -large Zquest will look like the description+pic (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?p=1084681#post1084681) on Classic 2D mode.

-The Non-Classic 2D mode will feature custom screen + subscreen sizes.

-The 3D mode will have OoT/MM built-in textures.

-Scripting will have "easy" buttons.

-It will be 120 Megs large (and quests will be about 30 Megs each when empty) when 7-zipped, but it won't matter because by then, everyone will have fiber optic broadband (and 80 terabyte hard drives) at the equivalent price of today's dial-up.

-The quests will be compressed at a better rate.

-It will feature remote saving access. (so you can put ZC on a CD)

-It will feature disc reading and rewriting.

-MP3s, USFs, and GSFs will be embeddable.

-There will no longer be users asking how to load custom quests.

-There will still be users asking if ZC can be ported to the PSP12

Master_of_Power
07-26-2007, 06:44 AM
By the time ZC 10.0 comes out my grandkids will be messing with Zelda Classic.

What I'd like to see(or maybe what my Grandkids would like to see) would probably be integrating both the player and the designer into one complete program which allows of building and testing within the same window. Another thing is I'd like to see the window itself to be scalable which would defeat the need of ZCLauncher.

By the time ZC 10.0 comes out, it might be renamed Legends Classic or something. It wouldn't just be Zelda anymore. With Z3 Scrolling added, and with proper use of scripting, you can already mock Mario, Sonic, Metroid, and many others.

Heh, Maybe The developers of that time will add 3D capability, although it would probably only N64's 3D.... or maybe pushing Gamecube's 3D. And it would be able to load many 3D model files and such, plus have it's own rudimentary model editor within the editor. People will be playing the Zelda 64 remake by my son Tristan or something.

The_Amaster
07-26-2007, 10:34 AM
It'll be split into two versions, a 3-D one and a 2-D oen for the classic-ists. In addition, almost every function we've seen in a game to date (Horse riding, magnetic boots, etc.) will have either been programmed in or scripted. And I don't think it will take my whole life. Sure, it took us almost 8 years to reach 2.5, but hopefully(glares) hopefully it won't take that long in the future.

Mega Link
07-26-2007, 12:46 PM
By that time mind-reading helmets will be available. Just think what you want and ZQ will make it.

Majora
07-27-2007, 12:43 PM
By the time ZC 10.0 comes out my grandkids will be messing with Zelda Classic.

What I'd like to see(or maybe what my Grandkids would like to see) would probably be integrating both the player and the designer into one complete program which allows of building and testing within the same window. Another thing is I'd like to see the window itself to be scalable which would defeat the need of ZCLauncher.

By the time ZC 10.0 comes out, it might be renamed Legends Classic or something. It wouldn't just be Zelda anymore. With Z3 Scrolling added, and with proper use of scripting, you can already mock Mario, Sonic, Metroid, and many others.

Heh, Maybe The developers of that time will add 3D capability, although it would probably only N64's 3D.... or maybe pushing Gamecube's 3D. And it would be able to load many 3D model files and such, plus have it's own rudimentary model editor within the editor. People will be playing the Zelda 64 remake by my son Tristan or something.

Nintendo will sue! Because by then, even the 0 or 1 star quests in the database will be better than the Zelda game currently released in that period of time!

SaiyanKirby
09-01-2007, 03:52 PM
If only there were Time Machines, then we could go into the future and bring it back for all to sit and wonder how they made it. :P
By then, we'd probably have something like edible flash drives that you just lick a sensor and all of the data comes up on a computer, with 320EXABYTES (http://www.nickles.com/common/prefixes.asp) of space on them. :P And there will be so many features in it that listing them all would take longer then making the quest itself. >:D

Evan the Great
09-01-2007, 08:33 PM
ZC will have 184,146,134,903,324,325,258,957 colors available and will be able to switch to 2D, 3D AND 4D. It'll be so advanced the developers can't even use it.

ShadowMancer
09-01-2007, 08:41 PM
and will be able to switch to 2D, 3D AND 4D
Wow if have 4D then we can go foward in time and bring back a future version :D
Heck by ver 10.00 Everything will be scriptable and fully object oriented with custom objects and data structures and... ohhh now i'm dreaming :laughing:

Joe123
09-04-2007, 04:43 PM
The quest database will have worked for a few minutes somewhere around version 6, then completely failed and noone will be able get hold of anyone elses custom quests again ever. But _L_ will keep on adding new features anyway :p

Russ
09-04-2007, 05:34 PM
If you can't figure out a good pushblock puzzle, you just select one from a list of 1,000,000 preloaded puzzles. And _L_ will have added so much to the enemy editor that it is now a its own program. And you wont have to draw tiles anymore, you just think of them and they appear on the tile page. And who needs scripting, in 10.00 you just think what you want to happen and it appears. And of course, I still won't have made a quest, using the excuse that I am going to wait for a stable release.