PDA

View Full Version : Oh God, do you older members remember this thing?

Fiyerstorm
07-17-2007, 02:11 AM
Back when I was a teenager and I was all yippe and obsessed with moocow's boobs (JUST KIDDING WHORE<3). I used to somehow always have THIS:

http://slashercge.homestead.com/files/ahc.jpg

Involved with my posting...beit my avatar, sig, or thread-content.

So 4-5+ years later..

I'm sorry. <3

Anyway, so this won't be like spam.

Name some things back from AGN's ''golden days''!

i.e. Who's Hottest, Gangsta Dick, AGN Convention (lol), moocow's blue vibrator (yes I remember that still..it scarred me as a child!)

phattonez
07-17-2007, 02:16 AM
I remember when Breaker was more of a dick than he is today. Scaring away the noobs and such.

One of the main things that made me stick around for 1000 posts was the custom avatar and title, I wish that was still around.

Daarkseid
07-17-2007, 02:50 AM
I used to somehow always have THIS:

http://slashercge.homestead.com/files/ahc.jpg

Involved with my posting...beit my avatar, sig, or thread-content.

I remember that picture. Still gives me the fucking creeps.

Beldaran
07-17-2007, 03:59 AM
I remember having neat different themes for different times of the year. The awesome halloween theme, the (horrible) christmas theme, and my usual classic black. I miss those.

EDIT: wow I'm retarded. Apparently Classic Black is back. Yay! Black in Black! [does the good dance]

Glitch
07-17-2007, 08:48 AM
the suns burns my corneas,
I can hardly seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,
somebody please fucking help meeeeeeeeee.

bigjoe
07-17-2007, 11:16 AM
I remember being put with a bunch of pandas. WTF was that all about? Still gives me the creeps. But not in a bad way.

But yeah, I remember that. I never really had much to say about it though.

Starkist
07-17-2007, 11:19 AM
I remember the avatar of Tails in a Star Trek movie-era uniform.

Masamune
07-17-2007, 01:57 PM
My Invader Zim avatars ruled.

mrz84
07-17-2007, 02:21 PM
I remember being my usual self. Random, sometimes funny, and loving cheese and kitties. :kitty: Used to sport the Sailor Mercury Kawaii smilie I mention in my siggy all the time in my posts. Now I don't because angelfire's a bitch...

Yoshiman
07-17-2007, 03:40 PM
Buttlotion and the entire empire devoted to it. :)

Dechipher
07-17-2007, 04:06 PM
I remember being diddy kong, and the roleplaying forum.
I remember plith.

Fiyerstorm
07-17-2007, 04:07 PM
There was that Spaniard named Darunia, lol.

Oh! The KTC what did that stand for again? Knight's Templar Cathedral or whatever? I remember I was in it or something...but what was the purpose? :B

Jigglysaint
07-17-2007, 05:03 PM
There was that Spaniard named Darunia, lol.

Oh! The KTC what did that stand for again? Knight's Templar Cathedral or whatever? I remember I was in it or something...but what was the purpose? :B

Oh god I remember that. I think the KTC was the start of why Breaker hated me so much...more than usual. We used to fight with the Church of Eckels for some reason, possibly for fun but Eckels didn't think it was funny.

I've spent most of my 20's on this board, and it's been a long time. I guess I come here only every so often. I'm busy on the Screwattack forums now. I've learned alot since the time I came here. When I started posting in the fall of 2000, Phantom Menace was getting set to leave, Zelda Classic was the best thing ever, I actually gave a fuck about swearing on forums. I was a young, eager newbie who found a home at AGN and there I found out just exactly what the internet is. You see, before 2000, I actually never used the internet at all.

There is so much on the forum I'd like to forget, but one thing I will never forget is that feeling I got when I ran Zelda Classic for the first time and played Phantom Meance's Demo Quest. Heck it was hard for me that I actually hacked the quest file with a hex editor to give me new items. I also remember Nightmare's quest and how awesome it was to see a Zelda game with totally new layouts and stuff. You can't buy feelings like that anywhere.

Cloral
07-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Goodbye zeldapro.

Sorry, wrong thread. Try again. :)

biggiy05
07-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Sorry, wrong thread. Try again. :)

I moved his post but forgot to move mine with it. Looks like I gotta do it again.

Playing stupid just doesn't work when you are stupid.

Archibaldo
07-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Somebody, quick, grab her guitar.

Back on topic. I belive I joined around the time the "golden age of AGN" was coming to a finish. The early things I remember was Moocow's baby calander, Foxy and JJMax, GB, and SixTen reaching 1000 posts in like 2 months or something.

moocow
07-17-2007, 05:51 PM
I remember when Desperado and I pretended we got married and everyone believed us.

I also remember when I posted about being pregnant, and no one believed me, lol.

Cloral
07-17-2007, 05:54 PM
I moved his post but forgot to move mine with it. Looks like I gotta do it again.

Thanks, now my post looks stupid. :)

Brasel
07-17-2007, 05:56 PM
I remember that picture. I also remember when TSA started Foxhound. That was kind of lame, but it was the first time I felt like I fit in somewhere around here.

biggiy05
07-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Thanks, now my post looks stupid. :)

I left it there on purpose.:D

Glitch showed me AGN before 2000 when it was just starting out as something small. There wasn't much in 2004 for me to talk about.

Mitsukara
07-17-2007, 07:11 PM
I remember the avatar of Tails in a Star Trek movie-era uniform.
You mean that stupid kid who moderated the Sega forum and GGD?

Actually, I'm kind of sad to admit I don't think I have that avatar anymore. I could redo it easily, but it's not the same and stuff.

Ah yes, good ol' weird albino picture.

I'm boggled to see no one mentioned Ask A Dominatrix. Geez.

I remember Goatboy's dog-abuse avatar. I think those were Harvest Moon sprites, right? Also cockblazer, loooool. Worse: "White sabbath". Hey wait, I remember the actual member Black Sabbath. Trippy.

I remember Glenn being an admin, and being a moderator with aspirations of administratorness. I remember him making gleeok sprites for ZC, based on screenshots of the upcoming Oracle of Seasons.

I remember when Zelda64gld was a fairly new thing. What a BSIXELUA POLRA BAER.

I remember there being a hell of a lot of members who have since gone elsewhere; for some random ones I don't know the whereabouts of, Goatboy, Elemental Knight, Carrot Red, JJ and Foxy- JJ's still around here somewhere, isn't he?-, Dark Templar, Kenage, the aforementioned Black Sabbath, that Frost guy, Mercy... of course, some of those hated me the last time I saw them so it's probably for the best ^^' My attachment to AGN hasn't always remained warm and fuzzy, sadly. But in almost every case, I think it actually wound up being a good learning experience. Probably.

2001 was pretty much like, the golden era, though. Mmmmm. Lots of people, all of us a bit younger, much livelier, much friendlier. The anghst and bullshit were around, but so much lesser, and so avoidable. I'm not completely sure what changed this, but it's kind of sad that AGN has developed a bit of a "bitter old man" complex from it.

I remember when the chat was new and there was a java client. I remember the chat being active and popular for a long while. I spent a lot of time in there, and have some particularly good memories, experiences, and friendships to thank it for.

Now I'm just being sappy. Sorry 'bout that. But that's okay, because Sega will return with a new 256 bit system and destroy all competition except Nintendo because they are good!!!!!! And I will make really long ornate posts but the content might be really stupid, sorry about that!!!!!!

VEL
07-17-2007, 09:06 PM
I remember being put with a bunch of pandas. WTF was that all about? Still gives me the creeps. But not in a bad way.

But yeah, I remember that. I never really had much to say about it though.
I remeber that! Here are some of them.
http://www.kenoshaonline.com/VEL/dinnerbigjoepanda.JPG
http://www.kenoshaonline.com/VEL/pandaflakes.JPG
http://www.kenoshaonline.com/VEL/pandapoop.JPG

I remember Goatboy's dog-abuse avatar. I think those were Harvest Moon sprites, right?

I made the animated gif of the Harvest Moon guy "milking" the dog. I also made one with a Panda instead of the dog. I don't know where any of those gifs are now though, I did use them in "Mario's Insane Rampage" though.

AtmaWeapon
07-17-2007, 09:45 PM
I remember the times I was having the most fun were the times I was skating on the edge of being banned; for some reason Breaker got really angry at me and was e-warning me through e-cronies but \m/ YOU CAN'T STOP THE ROCK \m/

Also I remember when people posted

where's BigJoe?

Gerudo
07-17-2007, 10:52 PM
i remember when i got t3h b4nz0r for posting an ugly pic of some womans fat ass.

oh the memories...

i also remember when the KTC became the Order of the Phoenix, with (iirc) no knowledge of the new Harry Potter book coming out. lawl.

man. i was 18 when i joined, now i'm 24. my how things have progressed through the years.

Masamune
07-17-2007, 11:04 PM
i remember when i got t3h b4nz0r for posting an ugly pic of some womans fat ass.

oh the memories...

i also remember when the KTC became the Order of the Phoenix, with (iirc) no knowledge of the new Harry Potter book coming out. lawl.

man. i was 18 when i joined, now i'm 24. my how things have progressed through the years.

10/11 to 17, dude.

phattonez
07-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Was that Glenn that posted all the pictures of Tubgirl?

4matsy
07-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Zelda64GLD and MetaStaiford at each other's throats...

5Qusetonui5 leaving a trail of n00bulation in his wake...

Lightning Z hacking the forums or something, I dun remember what exactly...

Shadowblazer actually being active, and doing not-so-pleasant things to those that capitalized the B. Also that Cockblazer joke account or whatever it was...

Demo Quest stumping all the ZC newbies, and New Quest mowing them down...

War Lord actually doing ZC quests...

Newfirst being called the most awesome ZC graphics ever...

Glenn demanding a recount in the 3rd quest contest...

Darth Cronic (then Lord Cronic) setting up a separate page for the ZC betas, and playing the betrayer in the fake leaked beta incident...

...oh, and SHITROBE.

Yup. Good times. :D

*b*
07-17-2007, 11:40 PM
Me posting screenshots of my quest, then being asked to join the beta testers for ZC, back when they were closed betas. That was so cool...

and my posts always looking like this. :p God I was such a n00b back then :(

Oh, and the AGN Mafia, or whatever that was. And the Buttlotion Empire (I think that was here... wasn't it?)

Dechipher
07-18-2007, 12:38 AM
Buttlotion Empire was here.
Ask a Dominatrix was awesome.
Anyone remember Music Metropolis? That was the gayest name ever.

AGN had some good times in the past, but really, it's doing good now too. We have an eclectic mix of old as members, then the people who were newbies when we started getting old, and then the newer members. We've got a lot of cool people here, and most active posting members seem to be somewhat emotionally balanced (in comparison.)

Glenn the Great
07-18-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm pretty sure I've never posted tubgirl anywhere in my life. I think I vaguely remember someone posting it here though.

Lilith
07-18-2007, 12:50 AM
I SAW IT ALL.

I remember when I was popular on the internet. :(

Glenn the Great
07-18-2007, 12:53 AM
I SAW IT ALL.

I remember when I was popular on the internet. :(

You're still popular on my internet. :love:

Beldaran
07-18-2007, 02:32 AM
I remember there being a hell of a lot of members who have since gone elsewhere; for some random ones I don't know the whereabouts ... Carrot Red...

Tragically, Carrot Red was killed in a car accident last year.

I had the great fortune of getting to know her away from AGN, and she was an absolutely lovely person. She was my friend, and I will never forget her.

Fiyerstorm
07-18-2007, 02:39 AM
I remember Carrot Red, she was indeed a very nice girl. :(

I see that Foxy posts on here again, which is cool. After I ''stopped'' going on AGN, I kept in touch with a lot of people through IRC or Xanga, mainly. But it's cool to see that a lot of the ''core'' oldbies are still here.

The other week when I first logged on in almost a year it was pretty cool to see "Last post by: Beldaran". I was like O_O!

Queenie: You never were popular, stfu.

Glenn the Great
07-18-2007, 03:24 AM
Beldaran, can you post some followup info?

I was under the impression that she got run off because people were annoyed with her and fatcatfan or something. I had no idea that she actually died.

ShadowTiger
07-18-2007, 07:31 AM
Oh my god. :shakeno: I keep hoping you're making some joke or something...

;_; Why wouldn't more people have heard about such a disaster of epic scale? (It's always epic when someone you really care about shuffles off the mortal coil.)

Brasel
07-18-2007, 08:28 AM
Tragically, Carrot Red was killed in a car accident last year.

I had the great fortune of getting to know her away from AGN, and she was an absolutely lovely person. She was my friend, and I will never forget her.

Wow...I can't believe that...she was so cool.

Masamune
07-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Yeah.. If I recall correctly, she disappeared along with FCF. I had no idea about the car accident. Anymore information?

phattonez
07-18-2007, 10:39 AM
I'm pretty sure I've never posted tubgirl anywhere in my life. I think I vaguely remember someone posting it here though.

It was one of the members that had it out for AGN, and I think I remember everyone blaming you. But who knows, a lot of people have it out for AGN.

Prrkitty
07-18-2007, 01:39 PM
I would hope that someone with "true" knowledge about Carrot Red would have come to tell us if something truly happened to her.

Bel... I think the tone of your post in telling that piece of information (whether true or not)... was uncalled for... IMHO that is.

biggiy05
07-18-2007, 02:51 PM
I would hope that someone with "true" knowledge about Carrot Red would have come to tell us if something truly happened to her.

Bel... I think the tone of your post in telling that piece of information (whether true or not)... was uncalled for... IMHO that is.

I believe Bel's post about something happening. He doesn't strike me as the type to joke around about things like that. As for tone of the post? The only tone I saw was a type of sadness. It's text so it's hard to tell the tone of someone's post.

Lilith
07-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Oh god tell us, I have to find out if I trolled a dead person.

Beldaran
07-18-2007, 03:03 PM

It was my intention to convey my great respect for carrot red and my sadness at her death. Perhaps you misunderstood me.

It is, to the best of my knowledge, true. I never made a thread about it because I was not the AGN member who originally learned of it, and I thought I'd leave it to that person if they felt a thread should be made. It's been quite a while though, so I guess it doesn't hurt to make it known now.

Carrot Red (I am not using her real name because she didn't like sharing it on the internet) was in Europe on vacation. From what I've been told, she was hit by a drunk driver late at night on her way home. We never would have known at all if her boyfriend hadn't opened her instant messenger and notified her contacts.

That is the truth, as far as I know. Her boyfriend was very distraught and did not feel like going into great detail with carrot's internet contacts.

I still keep the handwritten postcard she sent me on my bookshelf. It was very hurtful to learn of her death, even to the small extent that I was fortunate enough to know her. I can only imagine how much her friends and family loved her, and how difficult this was for them.

Glenn the Great
07-18-2007, 03:08 PM
Real name to cross-reference news articles or it didn't happen, Bel.

Dechipher
07-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Real name to cross-reference news articles or it didn't happen, Bel.

Because we know how cool it is here to fake someone elses death...

elise
07-18-2007, 03:39 PM
Oh no she was such a nice member , this is real sad news :unhappy:

Glenn the Great
07-18-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm not accusing him of faking it. I just want more details.

biggiy05
07-18-2007, 04:02 PM
I'm not accusing him of faking it. I just want more details.

You can't just settle for what Bel said? He said her boyfriend didn't want to go into details so leave it at that.

Fucked up morbid person.

Fiyerstorm
07-18-2007, 04:19 PM
Queenie remember that picture of my cat and/or me and a sign with your AGN name and Carrot's on it? It was for some contest I did a long time ago..would you still have it?

Lilith
07-18-2007, 04:24 PM
http://pulse.xanga.com/carrot_red

I goggled and got this as the first result. ouch

and no fiyer I do not.

Daarkseid
07-18-2007, 06:35 PM
You post once more on the subject Glenn, you're banned.

EDIT: Actually, I trust you'll be satisfied with what's been said. Stop being an asshole. Threat's rescinded for now.

War Lord
07-18-2007, 06:57 PM
He shouldn't be banned. I do understand that its Glenn, but the responses he gets for various questions are sometimes a bit much. (I expect to not be quoted as such in the future...)
I'm actually curious as well. I always wondered what happened to her. For no one to make a thread here when it happened is weird. She was a great person.

Call me a morbid fucked up person, but a news article would be fantastic.

I wonder if when it happened, if that was about the time fatcatfan went crazy.

Beldaran
07-18-2007, 07:54 PM
I haven't been able to find a news article because I only know her first name. I do not know where she lived. She was very protective of her real identity on the internet.

I suppose it's possible that it's fake, but very unlikely. Carrot Red literally disappeared, and the people who told me about her death seem reliable. She and I talked on messenger all the time and suddenly nothing.

phattonez
07-18-2007, 08:41 PM
Fatcatfan went crazy? I know he disappeared, but I never heard about that.

Fiyerstorm
07-18-2007, 08:46 PM
Went crazy???

Do tell, Jarrod! :O!!

Prrkitty
07-18-2007, 08:52 PM
Bel please forgive me... my wording was wrong. I should have said something to the affect... the bluntness of the way it came out was wrong ... in my humble opinion. There's never been a thread about her death here and I was actually shocked to hear about it.

I had spoken to her several times, in private, and thought she was a very very nice person. And I always enjoyed reading her posts here.

I'm truly saddened by this news. My condolences to her family and friends.

<sigh> again... I'm sorry Bel.

biggiy05
07-18-2007, 09:02 PM

I don't know if I was around when he disappeared or not but yeah more info please?

Masamune
07-18-2007, 09:05 PM
Indeed.. I've always been curious as to why he disappeared as well.

Glenn the Great
07-18-2007, 09:47 PM
Bel please forgive me... my wording was wrong. I should have said something to the affect... the bluntness of the way it came out was wrong ... in my humble opinion.

I can understand how you feel, Prr. My studies of the Uterese language led me to recognize the following protocol violations in Beldaran's announcement of a member's death:

-He didn't put it in its own thread
-He didn't share multiple memories of her (not even one!)
-He didn't finish his post with a centered R.I.P with date of death that somewhat resembles a tombstone
-He didn't write a little poem in italics
-Total lack of the word "ye"
-He didn't announce that he was keeping her family in his heart and prayers
-No moment of silence
-His post was barely even a full paragraph long
-He didn't even make a signature to commemorate Carrot Red's death

Beldaran had ought to be ashamed of himself. I'm personally so disgusted that I think I'm going to frown and cold shoulder everyone for at least a week.

Fiyerstorm
07-18-2007, 09:51 PM
Blaaaah.

Truthful or not, let's not discuss carrot's fate/whereabouts out of her respect please.

So Glennx0r, let's talk about other things like..

Remember when you used to be fat? Not trying to hit a nerve but that is indeed a ''classic'' AGN thing! <3 (don't abduct me, I am fat right now!)

Glenn the Great
07-18-2007, 09:59 PM
Blaaaah.

Truthful or not, let's not discuss carrot's fate/whereabouts out of her respect please.

So Glennx0r, let's talk about other things like..

Remember when you used to be fat? Not trying to hit a nerve but that is indeed a ''classic'' AGN thing! <3 (don't abduct me, I am fat right now!)

Yeah, I definitely remember that. I don't take offense or anything. I was going through a rough time, what with my depression, mental instability, and enough foreign chemicals in my blood to turn me into one of the X-Men.

I'm very glad I managed to lose the weight, and I've been very successful with my running. Looking at how I looked around 2003 or so, compared to how I do now (the picture I'm using as my avatar right this moment was taken sometime this past April I think), it's a huge difference.

It's amazing how much more energy and dexterity I have, and how much easier it is to do daily things in general.

Fiyerstorm
07-18-2007, 10:08 PM
You should camwhore more, lmao.

I demand you guys let me make a Picture Post 3.0 since goKi's is all old and drunken? lolol D:

Anyway, I also remember that my first online friend EVER was Gerudo! He and I lost touch with each other for about the last 2-3 years but he's still the coolest shithead ever! After Geru, I befriended MrCow and lost my virgini--OHSHIT.

:)

Beldaran
07-18-2007, 10:10 PM
I didn't make a "Carrot Red is Gone" thread for a couple of reasons.

1) I didn't feel it was really my place. I was informed of her death by another AGN member, and decided to let them decide whether or not to do it.

2) Her death was painful to me and I didn't feel like anything I would say in a tribute thread would do her justice.

So when I saw her name on Jennifer's list, I just figured it was a good chance to get everyone up to date. I felt something short and meaningful would be the best way to say something. Carrot Red was someone I couldn't summarize in some italicized poems or a place in my internet "sig". I usually consider myself fairly adept with words, but my vocabulary is not up to the task of encapsulating a human life that was important to me.

Prrkitty - don't worry, no apology necessary

Glenn the Great
07-18-2007, 10:21 PM
I think that Orion was my first online friend. AGN was the first place I ever socialized or got involved in on the Internet, and I started talking with him pretty quickly as we were both into Zelda Classic really heavily at the time. I met Lilith through him, as she was his girlfriend at the time.

Prrkitty
07-18-2007, 10:40 PM
Thanks Bel <hug> *curls back up into my mod chair and gets comfy*

Condolences to everyone involved. I'd come to enjoy reading her posts and have missed her in her absence. I can't deny I'm glad we now know what happened and can move forward.

phattonez
07-18-2007, 10:42 PM
For one last time.

http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/image.php?u=6302&dateline=1050861096

I loved that avatar.

Breaker
07-18-2007, 11:17 PM
I remember when Breaker was more of a dick than he is today.

I'm still a pretty big dick, I just found other people IRL to take out my frustrations on.

Dechipher
07-19-2007, 01:08 AM
I'm still a pretty big dick, I just found other people IRL to take out my frustrations on.

So who's the lucky girl?

deathbyhokie
07-19-2007, 06:51 AM
Well, I suppose it's about time to make this post then. I'm the member that Bel is referring to. Like Bel, i never knew what CR's last name was, and I don't have an article for you. Really finding out about her death was why I came back to AGN. Just never could summon up the nerve to post about it.

I was under the impression that she got run off because people were annoyed with her and fatcatfan or something. I had no idea that she actually died.
She did get run off, around the time that I stopped posting.

Why wouldn't more people have heard about such a disaster of epic scale? (It's always epic when someone you really care about shuffles off the mortal coil.)
Because without knowing CR's home city, it's difficult to dredge up articles that are nearly a year old. And i don't know any french to look in french newspapers.

I told a select few. I never did make up a full post. I honestly don't expect her husband to come in here and post. Not with the way she left this place

Wait, what? I believe FCF is still sane. He posted back in April, and seemed sane enough.

mrz84
07-19-2007, 09:20 AM
First, I pay my respects to Carrot Red. Didn't know her much here, but I consider everyone here a friend (except for the n00b-ish people and hackers)

Second. I remember Fatcatfan a bit. Didn't seem like a crazy person to me.

Third, I remember Axel screwing around with my joke thread, The Phobia of Dragon Omega which was popular back then for awhile. Somewhat. I've considered making a new one because messing with my brother is fun. :kitty:

phattonez
07-19-2007, 10:59 AM
FCF didn't seem crazy to me either, that's why I was so surprised when War Lord said that. He seemed nice, I just wonder where he is today.

Dechipher
07-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Maybe 'going crazy' is just an exaggeration for 'stopped posting' ?

Glenn the Great
07-19-2007, 12:41 PM
To me, 'going crazy' means that fatcatfan started lashing out against the staff because of some righteous indignation.

I don't know the details behind this though, as I wasn't really paying attention to AGN when this happened.

Gerudo
07-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Dech:
there's a little more to it than just stopped posting.

From what I've gathered through search, is that there was some controversy between him and Breaker (and possibly other staff). FCF banned Breaker, the rest of the staff got fired up, then FCF quit.

Fast forward a year and a half, he comes by and posts in Bel's thread about Bel's financial situation back in April. Aside from that, I don't think he's been even lurking as of late.

Dechipher
07-19-2007, 01:01 PM
I know, I remember when all that happened. Everyone gave him and Carrot Red some shit and they bounced. No doubt stuff went on behind the scenes, but some people here seem to be taking the phrase 'went crazy' a little too literally.

Prrkitty
07-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Her loss is felt by a lot of us here no matter how long it's been since the tragedy happened.

deathbyhokie... I'm really glad to see you posting again. I wish there was more I could say/do... *hug*

Beldaran
07-19-2007, 04:47 PM
Bel's thread about Bel's financial situation back in April.

Hmmm... do you have a link? I don't remember that thread.

phattonez
07-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Well that took all of about 30 seconds.

http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96925

erm2003
07-19-2007, 04:52 PM
I found it here.

http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=96925

Check out post 31.

EDIT: Posted at same time. Nice.

Fiyerstorm
07-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Yeah, that's not crazy. :O

But meh, the drama seems to be dead so he should come back. :/

phattonez
07-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Or maybe he really is crazy.

Lilith
07-19-2007, 06:39 PM
FCF and carrot left because me and breaker/someone else (?? do not remember) were making snide comments implying a relationship between the two. FCF took it way too seriously and I think I got banned for like 2 days. Then I got unbanned FCF sent me a PM freaking out about me "humilating" carrot red and she also stopped posting (never heard anything from her though), then FCF stopped posting. Whoops.

Sam Atoms
07-19-2007, 07:42 PM
It was my intention to convey my great respect for carrot red and my sadness at her death. Perhaps you misunderstood me.

It is, to the best of my knowledge, true. I never made a thread about it because I was not the AGN member who originally learned of it, and I thought I'd leave it to that person if they felt a thread should be made. It's been quite a while though, so I guess it doesn't hurt to make it known now.

Carrot Red (I am not using her real name because she didn't like sharing it on the internet) was in Europe on vacation. From what I've been told, she was hit by a drunk driver late at night on her way home. We never would have known at all if her boyfriend hadn't opened her instant messenger and notified her contacts.

Damn.

I guess you're serious.

That's a real bummer.

By the way, if fatcatfan went crazy, it would be completely understandable, because he was her father. I know, the first time I heard it I couldn't believe it either.

Gerudo
07-19-2007, 07:50 PM
i don't know if that was 100&#37; true, Sam. i think it was just a joke to keep people guessing. with FCF not here, and CR... i don't think we'll find out about that anytime soon.

Beldaran
07-19-2007, 07:59 PM
Fatcatfan was NOT Carrot Red's father, nor were they involved in any kind of relationship other than good friends on the internet. Just so there's no confusion.

Dechipher
07-20-2007, 01:35 AM
This thread is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

If you don't know what the fuck is going on, then shut the fuck up.

Gerudo
07-20-2007, 02:00 AM
anger much?

Fiyerstorm
07-20-2007, 02:22 AM
This thread is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.

If you don't know what the fuck is going on, then shut the fuck up.

My thread is not ridiculous!

;_;

Dechipher
07-20-2007, 02:37 AM
Let me rephrase:

"The current line of discussion this thread has degenerated into is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. This has been caused, in part, by people who don't know anything stating facts that are incorrect. It would be much appreciated if these people would shut the fuck up. That's what I would do if I didn't know what I was talking about. I'd shut the fuck up. Shut. The. Fuck. Up."

Mars, bitches.

This thread went from old members reminiscing about the good days to new members claiming that other members disappeared because they were somehow related. I'm not an overly sensitive person, and usually things don't bother me. I'm just saying, if you don't know the facts, which you don't, then don't claim anything like that, especially in regards to the subject of death, which is very sensitive to many people.

Fiyerstorm
07-20-2007, 02:47 AM
:3

Anyways, Dechipher, I remember when you just a little annoying teenager who offered to help me with music on my old ZC quest that I never finished. :D

Now you're just..

Dechipher.

Dechipher
07-20-2007, 03:12 AM
Hello, what the fuck is up with you?

Fiyer, I was annoying as fuck, man. I've read some of my posts and I wonder what the hell was wrong with me. Well, I mean I know what was wrong with me but still...

Gleeok
07-20-2007, 04:21 AM
What the fuck do you mean whats up with me.Everybody else cusses and they dont get a notice saying infraction but when I do they add up so stop CUSSING ok (OK) do you not understand that

ZPro...How old are you really? These guys have all known eachother on AGN for years. When they drop some F-bombs it's not used used in the context of hate, flaming, or namecalling. Everyone here is mature enough to know the difference...well almost everyone anyways...

DarkDragon
07-20-2007, 05:35 AM
If you want to avoid more infractions, ceasing to spam up this thread would be a good start.

Fatcatfan was by no means crazy, and will all due respect, War Lord, that you would suggest as much is curious given the facts of the incident.

Unless I'm mistaken, the whole clusterfuck began as a GB thread gone bad. As has been mentioned above, Breaker and Queenie posted some content which was interpreted by FCF to be a personal attack on Carrot Red. He reacted by banning both of them (he was an admin at the time.) The situation then went political. As the banning had occurred under questionable grounds - I think most observers would agree that FCF's reaction was disproportionate to the offense, and FCF and Breaker had a history of bickering -several unnamed members of the staff clamored that he had abused his power, and ultimately he was stripped of his admin position (how staff with no connection whatsoever to the ZC project had the power to bully and depose the co-developer of ZC on the official ZC forums remains to me a point of mystery.) Ultimately I don't know what finally drove FCF away, but him leaving was not unreasonable given his perception that the community and staff were hostile to him and his friends.

While a developer FCF devoted a great deal of time and effort to Zelda Classic, and made a greater contribution to the ZC community than any of us can claim. He is sorely missed.

Prrkitty
07-20-2007, 04:50 PM
I think someone should reach out to Fatcatfan and, for ZC's sake, ask him to come back and be a part of the development of ZC again. Could be his life has taken him past the game and it's not part of what he wants to do anymore. And then again could be he'd like to come back. But no one will ever know unless someone reaches out and talks to him.

I'd do it but since I'm really not active in ZC I don't think it's my place to contact him. Besides I don't know how to contact him other then thru here - AGN.