PDA

View Full Version : iPod alternative

vegeta1215
07-16-2007, 07:28 PM
Hey all,

I have an iPod nano, and I really like it except the battery is dying and needs recharging after less than 3 hours of play. (plus it's small - only 2 GB) I'm looking for an alternative player to buy, and I've been looking at the SanDisk Sansa e280.

The things I like about it that I've read are the price and size (about $150 for an 8GB version), the fact it has a user replaceable battery, that you can transfer files to it without a program (it can act as a USB mass storage device, you can also upgrade firmware just by copying it over to the device - so no problems with this Linux/Mac user), and a few other features.

Anyone have a Sansa e200 series mp3 player? Any other recommendations? The user replaceable battery is a big thing I'm looking for, that and being flash based for speed and physical size.

The_Amaster
07-16-2007, 08:38 PM
Dang, I don't know the name, but my friend showed me one she bought that looked kinda like a black iPod, about 1" x1.5" by .5" that held 8gb. If you see somthing like it, that's my recommendation. It was like, $100.