PDA

View Full Version : Look upward, and share the wonders I've seen... AGAIN!

Starkist
07-16-2007, 11:08 AM
http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/index.php?category=0&id=42431

SCI FI Channel will revive its popular original show Farscape as a Web-based series of short films on SCIFI.COM's SCI FI Pulse broadband network, part of a slate of new original online programming.

SCI FI has ordered 10 webisodes of Farscape, to be produced by Brian Henson and Robert Halmi Jr. and produced by The Jim Henson Co., in association with RHI Entertainment.

The series will expand the Farscape universe, but the network had no announcements on casting or premiere dates.

Will the main cast come back? Will it be animated or live action? Not much is known, but this is for sure: Farscape is coming back.

mrz84
07-16-2007, 12:46 PM
I never saw Farscape so I can't get very excited about this. On the other hand I feel that if fans of it wanted it to return so much and it finally does, then I say hoorah. :kitty:

MrCow
07-16-2007, 01:41 PM
It sounds like it may end up being a spin off type of deal which I hope it won't. I really want the show to come back the way it was. It was perfect how it was and never should have been canceled. we'll just have to wait and see, lets hope it comes back the way we all loved it.

Beldaran
07-16-2007, 02:38 PM
Long time no see, mr. starkist.

Darth Marsden
07-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Awesome. And I just started rewatching Farscape too. Sweet! Now if we all cross our fingers and pray very, very hard, we can get more Firefly (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firefly_(TV_series)) too. I think I'd prefer that, to be honest.

AlexMax
07-16-2007, 03:14 PM
I have a short attention span and never really got past the first couple of episodes. I did watch peacekeeper wars though, and it was pretty awesome, so this is good news.

Also, in before Breaker.

AtmaWeapon
07-16-2007, 07:16 PM
I can't wait to see how many avatars and signatures this inspires when it gets canceled again

Glenn the Great
07-16-2007, 10:01 PM
I remember the heydey of Farscape. I've never seen the show, but how could I ever forget Breaker and a dozen other staff members here parading around with their Farscape avatars acting more corrupt and nasty than a rabid monkey with a dual infection of ebola and HIV.

Foxy
07-16-2007, 11:17 PM
w00t....now I can change my avatar back to Aeryn Sun. Oh wait....I never changed it FROM that. Yippee!

Missed ya, Tuna-man. ;)

phattonez
07-16-2007, 11:59 PM
I remember the heydey of Farscape. I've never seen the show, but how could I ever forget Breaker and a dozen other staff members here parading around with their Farscape avatars acting more corrupt and nasty than a rabid monkey with a dual infection of ebola and HIV.

I think I came around right at the end of Farscape, when everyone still had the avatars and were sharing episodes. I've seen it on Scifi a few times, and I just don't see what's so great about it. I guess you have to get hooked on the first few episodes first.

MrCow
07-17-2007, 12:13 AM
farscape is one of those shows that you have to watch from the beginning. The story line was very deep and the acting evolved from the first episode on. you watched the characters change throughout the show based on things happening to them.

Does this mean we could finally get the farscape theme back... oh how I miss it.

Fiyerstorm
07-17-2007, 12:34 AM
stfu Cow, you and Breaker got me into it from the LAST 6 episodes and I still enjoyed it! :)

Glitch
07-17-2007, 08:45 AM
Greatest tv series ever. Interested to see how this pans out.

*points at sig quote thats been there for 3ish years*