PDA

View Full Version : Consecutive Strings Script please, Thank you

MotleyCrueFan
07-16-2007, 07:26 AM
Once Link enters the room strings 8-15 play.

And if he everytime he re-enters the room, strings 8-15 play.

Dan Furst
07-16-2007, 09:38 AM
You don't need a script to achieve this. Just set the "next string" parameter when you edit the string. Then you can set the first string in your room and it will play.

MotleyCrueFan
07-16-2007, 10:44 AM
You don't need a script to achieve this. Just set the "next string" parameter when you edit the string. Then you can set the first string in your room and it will play.

Oops sorry I forgot to mention with out Guy and without warping and no Zelda Room too.

I have Zelda Classic Build 303 just in case if what Beta and what ZC version I have information is needed.

Dan Furst
07-16-2007, 11:21 AM
You can make it so there's no "guy" by moving or deleting one of the guy tiles. (For example, Fire or Ama.) This way, no guy appears, but the string does. You might want to turn on "no guy room fires."

(This is also a good method for making an unlimited number of guys. You can keep using the same invisible guy each time you have a person talking, and place someone yourself. It doesn't have to be the same person, or even in the center!)

Also, if you're correctly setting up the room, there is no warping. Don't use a Zelda room.

Plissken
07-16-2007, 11:31 AM
And in the DMap settings set off the rule: Special rooms and guys are in caves only. So you can have guys talk anywhere not just cave rooms.