PDA

View Full Version : What is your most favorite Vegetable?

MotleyCrueFan
07-16-2007, 06:18 AM
My most favorite vegetable of all time is LETTUCE. Brocolli is in second place.

Did you know that Lettuce is the vegetable with the most water in it?

Cool huh?

Modus Ponens
07-16-2007, 02:36 PM
My favorite vegetable is the http://www.ac.wwu.edu/~zwickd/vegetable.gif.

Broccoli is my second place, too.

mrz84
07-16-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm partial to carrots and pickled cucummbers. I also enjoy tomatoes. :kitty:

The_Amaster
07-16-2007, 03:29 PM
I gotta say green bell peppers. They're like the ultimate snack food. They keep you hydrated, they're healthy, and you can eat a bazillion of the little slices.

Prrkitty
07-16-2007, 04:29 PM
Green bell peppers give me indigestion. But the reds, yellows and oranges don't.

I'd have to say red, yellow, orange bell peppers are my favorite. Followed by sweet onions, tomatoes, cukes, lettuce... heck most salad ingredients will do :)

erm2003
07-16-2007, 04:41 PM
I'd have to say red, yellow, orange bell peppers are my favorite. Followed by sweet onions, tomatoes, cukes, lettuce... heck most salad ingredients will do :)

Same here. I also like peas too. I have acquired a taste for snow peas lately too.

When I was in elementary school there was a kid who would eat onions raw, like he was eating an apple. A little bit too much for me though.

phattonez
07-16-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm partial to carrots and pickled cucummbers. I also enjoy tomatoes. :kitty:

Nobody called you out on this to say that tomatoes are a fruit? :tongue:

I enjoy lettuce, carrots, broccoli, steamed asparagus, and the sweetest vegetable of all, beets.

biggiy05
07-16-2007, 04:52 PM
Corn on the cob. Fresh is best.

Broccoli but only if it's been cooked and has butter.

Brasel
07-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Peas, green beans, lima beans, broccoli, black eyed peas, celery, and carrots are some of my favorites. Tomatoes would be my ultimate favorite if your counting that towards being a vegetable rather than a fruit. I like my veggies.

Prrkitty
07-16-2007, 06:35 PM
An interesting web site with info about the tomato: http://www.tomato-cages.com/tomato-history.html

I've always called tomato as a veggie. Strange that it's really a fruit...

ShadowTiger
07-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Corn on the cob. Fresh is best. Broccoli but only if it's been cooked and has butter.Oh hell yeah. Corn for the freaking win. I hate how it gets stuck in your teeth, but it's just worth it.

Avocados are pretty good. (They .. are a vegetable, right?) I'm not sure why I like them. Probably because they're not that common as a vegetable, at least in my house. Oh, and Celery. Celery is a great vegetable to eat. I snack on baby carrots like nobody's business.

*b*
07-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Carrots. They're the easiest to eat. With pretty much anything else, it needs to be cooked, or dipped in something to be edible. But with carrots, all you do is clean it off and munch. Plus, they're not half bad

phattonez
07-16-2007, 07:13 PM
Oh hell yeah. Corn for the freaking win. I hate how it gets stuck in your teeth, but it's just worth it.

Avocados are pretty good. (They .. are a vegetable, right?) I'm not sure why I like them. Probably because they're not that common as a vegetable, at least in my house. Oh, and Celery. Celery is a great vegetable to eat. I snack on baby carrots like nobody's business.

Apparently it's a fruit according to what Wikipedia says. It also says that the pit is toxic, I had no idea. I just know that it goes great with salsa.

biggiy05
07-16-2007, 08:15 PM
Forgot about green beans

Avocados are nasty and they are even worse when they start to go bad.

The_Amaster
07-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Oh, yeah, I forgot about corn. Raw, Peppers win for me, but when it comes to cooked, corn on the cob rules with total awsomeness.

MotleyCrueFan
07-23-2007, 05:51 PM
Corn on the cob. Fresh is best.

Broccoli but only if it's been cooked and has butter.

Corn On The Cob with Butter will do good on me.

I am attracted too but can't get used to corn all by itself yet.

How is Brocolli in Butter how good does it taste to you?

I Love Brocolli plain

Prrkitty
07-23-2007, 06:41 PM
I like broccoli... raw with a creamy dressing is really good.

Now as far as cooked broccoli, don't overcook it in my opinion anyway. Put it in a microwavable bowl with a little salt & pepper and some butter... then nuke it for a minute or two (not very long). YUM!!

You can also blanch broccoli - like you do green beans when you are canning them... ie: water at a rolling boil... drop the broccoli in for ONLY about 20 seconds or so and then get them out immediately. DO NOT put the broccoli in ice water though - let it stay hot... that way when you put a pat of butter and some salt and pepper on it... it will melt and the tastes will merge together. Then eat away... YUM!!

{DSG}DarkRaven
07-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Avocados are called, in some areas, butter pears, on account of how much fat they have in them.

You know, in years gone by, I would have hated a thread like this with a fiery passion. I remember a thread once, back when I was in college, that was all about toilet paper preferrences and strategies or something. Drove me away from AGN for months.

I'm not picky, but I am partial to tomatoes, potatoes, and home grown, picked, and cooked green beans.

Prrkitty
07-24-2007, 04:25 PM
But if I remember right... unlike butter (which is saturated fat) avocados are monounsaturated fat (which if you're gonna eat fat is the best for you and actually helps clear plaque out of your blood stream and also helps lower cholestrol levels in the blood).

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/avocado-advantage

BUT the fat is still fat... and will cause weight gain.