PDA

View Full Version : Who's gonna be bored this summer?

jakuknown
07-15-2007, 11:14 AM
Hey evryone,

Has anyone got any great ideas of things to do this summer. The weathers rubbish at the moment so i've been stuck inside (arghh im so bord:confused: ). So i guess things to do inside would be the best Any ideas?
Thanks

Masamune
07-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Build a potato gun. Build a tree house. Volunteer at an animal shelter. Purchase beef jerky. Start a neighborhood water fight.

Brasel
07-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Enjoy your school years, because you won't always have a summer vacation when you get older.

Darth Marsden
07-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Do some paintings, get a pen-friend, write a book, learn a new language (Japanese is always useful), do some household chores... there's a million things you can do. You just have to come up with them. Don't just think 'Oh there's nothing on TV, therefore I'm bored'. Come up with your own ways to spend the holidays. Rest assured, the weather will lighten up soon enough and then you can sunbathe all you want.

My condolences on your lack of holiday, Corporal. Just remember that you're not the only one working. A lot of folks here are in a similar position - no free time because we're at work, though I admit freezing my hands off at Tesco is nothing compared to what you're doing!

Cloral
07-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Where do you live? I'd recommend getting outside if it is at all possible. Maybe try getting up earlier and doing stuff before it gets too hot. That's what a lot of people do where my parents live (where the daytime highs are currently around 115).

rock_nog
07-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Enjoy your school years, because you won't always have a summer vacation when you get older.
Er, I got a job working in the school system (eventually working to be a teacher), so I still get summers off.

So far I've been teaching myself to play the guitar, and I learned how to solve a Rubik's cube, as well as spent time with my friends and I'm going home soon to visit my family. My advice is to find some major project to commit yourself to. Make it interesting, make it unique, make it fun. Create something. Learn something. Do something artistic, do something silly. Maybe learn programming, make a game. Draw. Compose a song or two. Write poems, heck write a novel. Get ahold of a camera, make a movie with your friends. Even if you don't finish it, you can tell yourself that you had a productive summer, and maybe, just maybe, have something to show for it.

Darth Marsden
07-15-2007, 04:51 PM
I write songs. Note the music, just the lyrics. I've got one going round in my head with the line 'Everybody's going down down, yeah'. If it ever got recorded, it'd be totally awesome.

Archibaldo
07-15-2007, 06:30 PM
Get a job you hobo.

phattonez
07-15-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm volunteering at a hospital this summer (since no place around here needs employees). I only work 3 days a week and I have to say it gets me off my ass and away from the computer all day.

Samson007
07-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Have you tried drugs?

cbailey78
07-16-2007, 01:58 AM
Put an incandescent lightbulb in the microwave! Put various thing in there!

jakuknown
07-16-2007, 07:10 AM
My mate said to get the new pokemon diamond and pearl game. Its coming out on the 27th of July here in england and he said its a great boredom buster cause you can do wifi battles, real time play and best of all theres brand new pokemon :D .

The_Amaster
07-16-2007, 10:18 AM
I would certainly try to make some stuff, or get a job, but Diamond and Pearl are well worth the money.

mrz84
07-16-2007, 11:27 AM
I work at a hotel and it gets busy during the summer usually with neigh countles weddings, company meetings, the occasional military education meeting, and sometimes a n00b stoning *joking!* :kitty:

Brasel
07-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Er, I got a job working in the school system (eventually working to be a teacher), so I still get summers off.

So far I've been teaching myself to play the guitar, and I learned how to solve a Rubik's cube, as well as spent time with my friends and I'm going home soon to visit my family. My advice is to find some major project to commit yourself to. Make it interesting, make it unique, make it fun. Create something. Learn something. Do something artistic, do something silly. Maybe learn programming, make a game. Draw. Compose a song or two. Write poems, heck write a novel. Get ahold of a camera, make a movie with your friends. Even if you don't finish it, you can tell yourself that you had a productive summer, and maybe, just maybe, have something to show for it.

Yeah well, you're lucky. :P

zeldapro
07-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Pee on the ground or play zelda.

biggiy05
07-16-2007, 10:17 PM
Make a thread asking who is going to be bored this fall. I'll say not me because I'll be at my hospital clinical surrounded by cute young nurses. Nurses love firefighters.

AtmaWeapon
07-16-2007, 10:56 PM
I am going to go to Antarctica because I heard that's where Megatron is I am going to be surrounded by cute polar bears. Polar bears love meat.