PDA

View Full Version : I'm not dead guys and girls.

goKi
07-15-2007, 03:16 AM
But i don't think i will be back very often for a while.

The main reason i've ceased to post on AGN at all is because i've moved into a new house with two of my friends. I've not hooked up the internet because my housemates have trouble even paying their rent some weeks, so i guarantee i'd be paying the entire bill for the rest of the time i lived there until we can reach a compromise. I'm working on getting some gear together to convert a satellite dish on our roof to accept wireless internet and steal internet from all the companies/hotspots on the main street at once, to give me super-fast internet for free. But to be honest, i'm having too much fun not being on the internet to waste a weekend setting it up.

My advice to everyone who spends more than half an hour a day on the internet.. Get out and enjoy your life, you only live once. In six months i've transformed myself. I used to be an overweight (264lb at most), depressed social retard. I've gotten out there, met a bunch of cool new friends, learnt to dress properly, taken my fat ass to the gym (220lb and freefalling. Everyone only thinks i look about 190lb, so really i look good for my weight. Even though i've still got a long way to go, it's nice to have girls you went to high school with approaching you and telling you how hot you look now.) But most of all, i've developed the confidence to approach and meet anyone i want. That means the really awesome guys i always wanted to hang out with, and the super hot girl over the other side of the club. It wasn't long ago that i'd be forced to settle for girls that needier and more emotionally fucked up than i was. I'm still fine-tuning my 'game', but i've got no problems getting most average looking girl's phone numbers, and getting a date or two.

I'm sure that a few people from here (I'm thinking Glitch, Mooie and Goat) will be proud to know that i went out drinking last night, breaking three and a half years of being too insecure in myself to get off my ass and have some fun. I tell you, drinking actually kicks ass when you're not too introverted to use having no inhibitions to your advantage. When i get some cash together, i'm going to head up to Vegas (with this girl i met at who has a time-share in a condo on the strip) and have a drink with you guys.

Next time i'm in, i'll be sure to bring a few before and after photos. I'm no stunner, but hell, there's a huge difference.

Anyone who wants to do more with themselves but think they can't needs to look at me, i'm living proof. Work hard for anything and you'll get it.

Peace,

goKi.

DarkDragon
07-15-2007, 04:25 AM
Glad to hear you're doing well, goki.

I just got back from a party myself, but as a mathematician/computer scientist, am left thinking I've permanently fucked up my social life beyond all repair. Got any advice?

ShadowTiger
07-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Holy crap, goKi! You've done it! You've gone the mile and accomplished the geek's (Second) Dream. I may be overplaying that statement, but it's still quite the achievement. I wish you the absolute very best of luck achieving a life there.

I just got back from a party myself, but as a mathematician/computer scientist, am left thinking I've permanently fucked up my social life beyond all repair. Got any advice?I know that I'm looking at the great wall of internet between us, but your posts and posting style conveys nothing but awesomeness and intelligence. (Two seemingly contrasting terms, but they're not. o.o ) If all that's standing in your way is courage or social awkwardness, I think you're already on a pretty damn straight road to success if all you need is to realize that you've already got everything in your head that it takes.

It's actually not so tough. I have a major speech impediment that you'd think would make social conversing really awkward, but after a while, you learn that everyone worth speaking to isn't nearly as shallow and superficial as you'd think they would be. Anyone who would only see such an impediment as an issue is the one who has the issues. So don't worry; all you have to do is look for the right people and say the right things, and they'll do the rest. ^^.

BTW, Happy 4,000th post, DarkDragon. Very.

mrz84
07-15-2007, 10:50 AM
Enjoy your fun goki, and we'll await your eventual return. Good luck with the rent thing! :kitty:

AlexMax
07-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Glad to hear you're doing well, goki.

I just got back from a party myself, but as a mathematician/computer scientist, am left thinking I've permanently fucked up my social life beyond all repair. Got any advice?

My two cents, you're pretty much fucked.

Don't worry though, you're in good company.

Lilith
07-15-2007, 02:32 PM
goki, you look SO HOT now.

Prrkitty
07-15-2007, 03:06 PM
goKi!!! WOW!! Good for you honey!! The "tone" of your post is filled with the confidence you apparently have in yourself. WOOHOO!! Extra congrats on the weight loss.

Next time I talk to cyberbaby I'll be sure to give her your cell phone number. :)

Love you honey...

AtmaWeapon
07-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Congrats on "evolving" to a "higher form" but I have some concerns. The first part is the general "hahahah nerds you guys are never going to be happy" attitude which indicates you are pretty much becoming the type of guy I can't stand. I mean, I'm not saying there's anything inherently better about my lifestyle, but getting smashed with a bunch of guys so I can enter short, meaningless relationships with random women who I am only physically attracted to doesn't really float my boat when compared to staying at home and seeming like a nerd.

I appreciate the advice but I tried that lifestyle one time and I went from a depressed nerd to the depressed lowest-rung-in-the-popular-kids-ladder socialite, then decided it was a lot easier to be a depressed nerd (and it came with a feeling of self-righteousness too!).

Also read this and pretend it was posted by someone else:

i've moved into a new house with two of my friends. I've not hooked up the internet because my housemates have trouble even paying their rent some weeks, so i guarantee i'd be paying the entire bill for the rest of the time i lived there until we can reach a compromise. I'm working on getting some gear together to convert a satellite dish on our roof to accept wireless internet and steal internet from all the companies/hotspots on the main street at once, to give me super-fast internet for free. But to be honest, i'm having too much fun not being on the internet to waste a weekend setting it up.
[Think long and hard about the implications of "sharing the bill" with people who "have trouble paying the bill". Such friendships usually end in tears.

AlexMax I am certain you will agree this looks like a good "first a little backstory" element to a forumId=1 thread with the e/n tag amirite?

Fiyerstorm
07-16-2007, 03:09 AM
lmao @ Atma geeking out at the end of his post!

I'm honestly happy for you goKi but uh yeah.. I balance my internet relationships with my ''irl'' relationships because I choose to be like this. I may feel like I'm a ''social outcast'' at times but I know that if there's nobody I can go to in person, I can always rely on my friends that I have all over the world (lol internet), or visa versa.

Point is, I feel I am happier knowing that I can have options for ''different types'' of social leisure. I wouldn't choose one over the other cause there's a lot of people I've grown close with..online and offline and I wouldn't give them up just because I feel like I don't need for fall back on just one because of my emotions. :V

And I agree with Alex, living with friends who have financial problems usually ends up with a bad fall out but I hope for the best for you, goKster. :) <33333

Beldaran
07-16-2007, 05:40 AM
I'm not depressed. I go to the gym. I have sex very frequently. I wear nice clothes. I post here. :shrug:

Glitch
07-16-2007, 08:31 AM
Oh So You Were Too Good To Drink With Us In The States But Noooooooooooooooooooooo You'll Go Out And Do It With Your Friend. Well Fuck You Too Gokers. Fuck You Too.

<3<3

Masamune
07-16-2007, 09:30 AM
I'm not depressed. I go to the gym. I have sex very frequently. I wear nice clothes. I post here. :shrug:

That fucking blows, dude. I feel for you.

AlexMax
07-16-2007, 10:14 AM
AlexMax I am certain you will agree this looks like a good "first a little backstory" element to a forumId=1 thread with the e/n tag amirite?

shaddap nerd

jeez go outside for once

you nerd...being all nerdy and nerding all over the place

The_Amaster
07-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Nice to know you're doing good goKi. We understand if you aren't around as much.

War Lord
07-16-2007, 12:07 PM

Yeah, I don't understand his post at all, sounds like he is horrible with time management. Then throw in the "I think I'm better than everyone else now."

I work 45-50 hours a week, got to the gym 3-5 days a week, run outside 4-5 days a week, wear nice things, have a fiancee and still find time in that to hang out with friends no problem. Not to mention I also play games and use the internet extensively every week on top of all that.

I wish more people would be aware of being fat though. Glad you decided to do something about it. I'm down to 215 from 267. People always have excuses though, usually blaming it on family. No one made you fat but yourself. Obesity is a huge problem right now and 99% of Americans at least don't give a shit and have no problem being overweight. The health problems that come with being overweight are huge though, and I'm not sure how you couldn't care.

mrz84
07-16-2007, 12:43 PM
When I moved down to where I live now, I was 210. I was surprised by this really so I sweated it off at work and such and now I'm keeping it down to about 180. I'm content as long as I don't go above 185. :kitty:

Glenn the Great
07-16-2007, 01:29 PM
Sounds to me like Goki is now living with two poor drug-addicted bums who like to go out and party, and he's gotten sucked into their lifestyle.

I'm wary of people who have absolutely no interest in the Internet. People with that attitude have generally been rather stupid and simple-minded in my experience.

What, half an hour is too much time on the Internet now? WTF? Might as well throw your brain out the window.

War Lord
07-16-2007, 01:48 PM
I did forget to add that alcohol isn't worth drinking. I haven't drank since October of 06 and I am 10x better than I was then health-wise, even if I hadn't lost the weight. It's just not worth drinking knowing what it does to your body.

I'd be wary of living with people who have trouble paying rent as well, doesn't sound like a good situation.

However I suppose if you're happy go for it, just be careful man, at the rate it sounds you're going to get sucked into a lifestyle that is definitely not better than your old. You have to choose friends carefully and surround yourself with the best ones you can find. People tend to be just like those they associate themselves with.

Glitch
07-16-2007, 01:57 PM
I'd be wary of living with people who have trouble paying rent as well, doesn't sound like a good situation.

yeah seriously. Thats one excellent piece of advice to listen to. Don't let other's downfall effect your march uphill.

Smoke bud yet, gokers?

ps: jarrod start answering your phone :(

AlexMax
07-16-2007, 03:18 PM
I wish more people would be aware of being fat though. Glad you decided to do something about it. I'm down to 215 from 267. People always have excuses though, usually blaming it on family. No one made you fat but yourself. Obesity is a huge problem right now and 99% of Americans at least don't give a shit and have no problem being overweight. The health problems that come with being overweight are huge though, and I'm not sure how you couldn't care.

If you read the health effects of "High Fructose Corn Syrup (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HFCS)", you'll never eat sugary products in the U.S. again.

And like I mentioned in GGD, losing weight is just a simple matter of eating less calories than you burn a day. It's simple math.

phattonez
07-16-2007, 03:31 PM
^^Just another reason to not drink so much coke. Besides, regular sugar tastes better.

My brother once lived with people who did not like to pay bills, he doesn't talk to them too much anymore.

Lilith
07-18-2007, 12:03 AM
but guys, he is SO HOT now, all the popular girls in high school think so :(

Dechipher
07-18-2007, 12:43 AM
but guys, he is SO HOT now, all the popular girls in high school think so :(
Those are the only ones who matter.

....right?

...*looks around*...

goKi
07-18-2007, 04:45 AM
Wow, nice reception guys. I love the people with attitude problems the most.

I'm not saying the internet made me this way, i'm saying that it's not part of the solution. I don't spend much time at home anymore. Neither of my roommates do more than have a few drinks once a week or less, and they are not behind on their rent. Seriously guys, lighten up a little.

biggiy05
07-18-2007, 11:00 AM
and they are not behind on their rent.

my housemates have trouble even paying their rent some weeks

You said they had trouble so people gave you advice on the subject.

AlexMax
07-18-2007, 11:31 AM
Wow, nice reception guys. I love the people with attitude problems the most.

I'm not saying the internet made me this way, i'm saying that it's not part of the solution. I don't spend much time at home anymore. Neither of my roommates do more than have a few drinks once a week or less, and they are not behind on their rent. Seriously guys, lighten up a little.

I'm sorry, would it make you feel better if every single reply was a "GOOD JOB GOKI" cut and paste pat-on-back?

elise
07-18-2007, 12:52 PM
To be honest my first thought was great another admin not around anymore , just what this site needs:shrug:

Think this is the site with the most inactive admins , supermoderators and moderators around :googly:

Masamune
07-18-2007, 01:07 PM
Elect Masa for admin plz. :3

phattonez
07-18-2007, 01:28 PM
To be honest my first thought was great another admin not around anymore , just what this site needs:shrug:

Think this is the site with the most inactive admins , supermoderators and moderators around :googly:

Biggiy and Prry are here just about every day.

elise
07-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Biggiy and Prry are here just about every day.Yeah you are right those two are and also do a good job but thats only in the new member and general discussion area they should be Super moderator so they would have some more power like banning spammers , and move their Threads .
:naughty:

phattonez
07-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Take it up with an admin. Archibaldo is here every once in a while too, though not as much as he used to.

biggiy05
07-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah you are right those two are and also do a good job but thats only in the new member and general discussion area they should be Super moderator so they would have some more power like banning spammers , and move their Threads .
:naughty:

The spam threads are moved as fast as possible. Not everyone can live on the net and are senior mods are active, just because you don't see them posting much doesn't mean they aren't around. If you can't deal with seeing a spammer for a few hours then maybe you should find a new forum.

Lilith
07-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Make me an admin. I can fill you in weekly on MY ROOMMATES, the massive amount of phone numbers I receive from drunk girls, whether or not they were HOT enough for me to consider them human enough to wave my meat at, how tipsy I can get at da club, my biceps, my stretch marks, and having small amounts of cash to spend on things such as snapple and NON-INTERNET RELATED activities. In addition to this, I will make subtle slams at my ex-girlfriend on the internet. You will love it.

Stay classy, goKi.

elise
07-18-2007, 03:19 PM
The spam threads are moved as fast as possible. Not everyone can live on the net and are senior mods are active, just because you don't see them posting much doesn't mean they aren't around. If you can't deal with seeing a spammer for a few hours then maybe you should find a new forum.
I already have for a few years , and the spammers don't bother me at all .
The things that bother me are things that concern the zelda part of the forum
and warlord knows about it :shrug:
I just stated my mind what the first thing was when I did read Goki's first posting that's all .:shrug:

Glenn the Great
07-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Prry would be a great candidate for Sr. Moderator in my opinion. Biggiy isn't ready just quite yet to hold the power to ban members. He's still a little wet behind the ears when it comes to moderating.

Masamune
07-18-2007, 04:46 PM
I'm actually surprised no one had ever considered me for modship.

ShadowTiger
07-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Random list of stuff that a staff member should be, regardless of position:

1) Frequency of visitation and posting. Not only should you actually be on the forums, but people need to be assured that you are as well. Seriously, silent moderation is creepy. :p If you see mods doing their work, it's like watching Superman hauling away bad guys. Cheering may occur. If you see spam threads just kinda vanish, some people will be all disappointed. They should know that something happened, but that it was quickly, easily, and efficiently dealt with without any trouble. If you never know that there was any trouble to be ameliorated quickly, then you as an ignorant member don't know what just went on unless the staff actually tells you, so you think there's just never anything to even moderate, which would, to the perspective of the members, void the need for any staff.

2) Friendliness is absolutely important, though not as apparent to a forum like this, as it has proclaimed itself to be on its own. The friendlier, more patient, and more understanding the person is, the better it'll be. Skepticism is a must, but not done in a way that alienates the person in the case of wronghood.

Other than that, it depends even more on the specific forum.

gdorf
07-18-2007, 05:13 PM
I think the internet can be (and often is) a colossal waste of time. There are so many better things to do with a life. Things like reading, hiking, working, studying, driving, working out and taking pictures all make the list for me. Getting drunk and partying doesn't. :shrug:

The fact that you posted here expecting we'd all be jealous and admiring of your new "cool" life shows you haven't come nearly as far as you'd like us to believe.

Edit: btw.. when does the autobiography come out?

And OFF TOPIC:
------------------------------

If you read the health effects of "High Fructose Corn Syrup", you'll never eat sugary products in the U.S. again.

Alexmax:

I read the wikipedia article. Perhaps it was editing since you posted it, but I didn't find anything incredibly alarming on the page. All of the paragraphs under the "Health Effects" section cited weak, biased, and/or non-conclusive studies. I don't have a problem with High Fructose Corn Syrup (other than the fact that it tastes significantly worse than sugar), I have more of a problem with people drinking too much junk food in general and sitting around all day.

Anyway, I am not trying to correct you or preach to you. I was actually really surprised the wiki wasn't more foreboding.
I think you nailed it earlier:

And like I mentioned in GGD, losing weight is just a simple matter of eating less calories than you burn a day. It's simple math.

Thoughts?

ShadowTiger
07-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Thoughts?It's common knowledge that if you have a waterfountain where you work, you've got a great asset right there, but the thought arises that if you fill up on said "infinite" source of water, how well off are you in terms of hunger and dietary needs for the rest of the day? Drinking all that water is good for initial energy, but you really do need food. I'm not even sure how good of a supplement it'll be in terms of hunger.

War Lord
07-18-2007, 07:04 PM
It isn't exactly math, more science I suppose.
While it's true that basically if you burn more calories in a day than you take in you will lose weight. There's much more to it.
If you're too low, you're body will go into starvation mode and will hold onto the fat it has and burn muscle for energy. When losing weight, you want to lose fat, not muscle.

I'd rather not hit up a 3 page post here explaining more in depth. If you really want more you can read the BodyBuilding.com Forums (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16) as they have a fantastic losing fat sub section.

If you'd rather not read there, I can get you an eBook as that is fantastic and explains EVERYTHING very well. Just PM me.

Archibaldo
07-18-2007, 07:16 PM
Hmm, I think the spammer problems are getting better. I know I sign on everyday after work and I have a message in my inbox about a reported post, then when I check the forums, the thread is gone. So it seems all the mods are doing their jobs just fine. But the biggest flaw in getting rid of spammers is having to go to the Staff Forum and make a post in the "members to ban" thread and wait for the member to get banned. We need a quicker way of getting these members banned. The Infraction system does nothing on spammers as they're only around for like 4-5 posts.

Compare it to the crime rate drop in NYC in the early 90's. One of the biggest problems to stop crime was the amount of time need to fill out an arrest form. Usually to get the perp back to the precinct and fill out the forms, it took a day to get some one's paper work to get filled out. So when happened was that they converted a few retired public transit buses into police stations on wheels and so the police officers could get to one of these places faster and get the paper work filled out in about an hour. This really helped the crime drop. Theres more but I don't feel like explaining it all. You can find it all in the book, The Tipping Point by Malcolm Gladwell.

Masamune
07-18-2007, 07:23 PM
It isn't exactly math, more science I suppose.
While it's true that basically if you burn more calories in a day than you take in you will lose weight. There's much more to it.
If you're too low, you're body will go into starvation mode and will hold onto the fat it has and burn muscle for energy. When losing weight, you want to lose fat, not muscle.

I'd rather not hit up a 3 page post here explaining more in depth. If you really want more you can read the BodyBuilding.com Forums (http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16) as they have a fantastic losing fat sub section.

If you'd rather not read there, I can get you an eBook as that is fantastic and explains EVERYTHING very well. Just PM me.

Thanks for that link. Definitely found some good tips in there.

Beldaran
07-18-2007, 07:58 PM
I've been in the sort of weird position of trying to gain weight. In the past year I've put on 10 pounds of muscle. I look a lot better, but I still need to get more organized and get some better results. I'm hoping to gain 5-10 more lbs by the end of 2007 with a focused workout routine and a more substantive diet.

At least I don't look quite so skinny any more. I actually fill out my shirts and look more adult.

phattonez
07-18-2007, 08:40 PM
My weight is fine. If anything, I don't weigh enough. 170 lbs. and 6'1". I could use more muscle. It's weird because even though I don't weigh that much, I don't look skinny, I actually still look a little fat if anything.

biggiy05
07-18-2007, 08:46 PM
My weight is fine. If anything, I don't weigh enough. 170 lbs. and 6'1". I could use more muscle. It's weird because even though I don't weigh that much, I don't look skinny, I actually still look a little fat if anything.

I'm 6'2 and lost weight before I went in for surgery and then some more in between my first and second. Right now I'm in the 140's, maybe 150's and still need to gain some more weight because of the bar in my body.

I've got a personal trainer I'm working with to help me gain the muscle I need and the extra that I want. Safest way for me with this damn bar in.

Fiyerstorm
07-18-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm a cow. WL gave me that link a long time ago but I forgot about it. *bookmarks this time*

Anyway back on topic,

so yeah. People can change and become better in their own eyes, but when you explain this over the net with the lot of us (zelda freaks and hotties) then you gotta be MODEST!!! :D

Also: Masa, you'll never be admin because you smell like cabbage. :3 srsly, you should be..and me too >:O

mikeron
07-18-2007, 11:54 PM
I, too, would like to attack Goki on the grounds that he is Australian and, hence, he is the spawn of degenerate convicts.

There is NO rule number six!

Dechipher
07-19-2007, 01:15 AM
I dig that goKi is excited about his new lifestyle and thats cool. He may have come off a little strong, but if you know goKi, then you know it's no big deal, and he's most likely not throwing anything in your face.

Bananarama, muthafuckas.

Glitch
07-19-2007, 09:19 AM

You don't need to be an admin to clean up the forums of spam, which is really teh only thing that needs done around here these days. And Biggiy and Prr have that locked down.

elise
07-19-2007, 04:54 PM
I never said that Biggiy and prr kitty didn't do a good job .
This side need some things like a good working questdatabase again.
Like I stated before my concerns have to do with the Zelda Part of this forum and nothing with the general or new members forum where those two are doing a good job ;)

Glenn the Great
07-19-2007, 05:43 PM
You don't need to be an admin to clean up the forums of spam, which is really teh only thing that needs done around here these days. And Biggiy and Prr have that locked down.

Spam, yes. But it's not the only thing.

Another problem is your flames, which will require more muscle than a Moderator can muster to douse.

Artex
07-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Awesomebly pathetic or pathetically awesome. ^.^

DarkDragoonX
07-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Well, first off, nice to hear you're doing well, Goki.

On the other hand, I feel compelled to point out the irony in mentioning how much better shape you're in while simultaneously mentioning that you have taken up drinking. Am I the only person who giggled a little?

phattonez
07-20-2007, 08:41 PM
Awesomebly pathetic or pathetically awesome. ^.^

What does that mean?

goKi
07-22-2007, 01:25 AM
Someone needs to say it. Lilith, pull your head in. By the way, i love the people who rushed in to tell my ex girlfriend that i made this post. If your life isn't interesting enough, it's always fun to thrive off the lives of others. You guys are great :D

Either way, i enjoy being a womanising, man-slut more than i enjoyed sitting at home and crying about how much my life sucks. You guys should try it sometime.

By the way Artex, it's definitely pathetically awesome.

biggiy05
07-22-2007, 01:32 AM
Either way, i enjoy being a womanizing, man-slut more than i enjoyed sitting at home and crying about how much my life sucks. You guys should try it sometime.

Awesome put down there Goki....

Just because you spend a few hours on the internet some days doesn't mean you have no life or you aren't active enough, have a relationship with a woman or a man, etc....

Lilith
07-22-2007, 05:30 PM
I don't know your ex, I just find it pretty stupid that you think transferring your bad attitude from the internet to real life is progress. And I'm pretty sure most people on here grew up a long time ago :( A fact which is not pleasing you.

Gerudo
07-22-2007, 06:10 PM
So you're doing great. Awesome. Sounds like you've gotten an "I'm better than you" complex going on. And good job tossing around blames for the fact that your ex still posts/lurks at the same place you do. I'm sure there's someone actually still gives a flying fuck about that anymore.

Telling people on the internet to get off their asses and do shit kind of contradicts the purpose, because it takes away from your 'social drinking man-whore' time. So go do that, k?

Masamune
07-22-2007, 09:24 PM
I used to think you were cool. :(

phattonez
07-22-2007, 11:34 PM
goKi, don't forget that we make fun of others to feel better about ourselves.

AtmaWeapon
07-23-2007, 02:07 AM
Ahahahaha who told his ex girlfriend about the post that is seeeeerious creepy

Also have fun being a jerk with all your jerk friends goKi if it works for you that's great but please just go play halo 2 with your frat buddies instead of coming here and reminding us that we are all nerds and can't measure up to you thanks

Glitch
07-23-2007, 10:08 AM
Spam, yes. But it's not the only thing.

Another problem is your flames, which will require more muscle than a Moderator can muster to douse.

Cry me a river, bitch.

And goki man, I'm really happy to see you are enjoying life. Moo and I told you when you came and visited that you need to open up and just have fun and it really seems like you are now :) Now you just need to come visit again :D

goKi
07-24-2007, 05:16 AM
I didn't ever say or think that i was better than all of you. But if you all have a bitch like this at the drop of a hat, perhaps i am. And Glitch, as soon as i've got some cash together, i'm there, man.

AtmaWeapon
07-24-2007, 11:39 PM
goKi I don't think you "get" AGN

goKi
07-25-2007, 04:40 AM
I'm glad i dont.

phattonez
07-25-2007, 11:35 AM
Isn't that just what you want to hear from an admin?

biggiy05
07-25-2007, 11:44 AM
Isn't that just what you want to hear from an admin?

I'm thinking Goki should just step down as admin and leave AGN since he is so much "better" than all of us. Yes let's tell everyone through a computer screen that I'm cool now because I lost some weight and I drink a few wine coolers on the weekend.

Pathetic...

phattonez
07-25-2007, 11:48 AM
So once again we are without an admin that is here almost every day. I thought War Lord just approved 2 admins about a year ago, and now both are going to be gone: just beautiful.

Masamune
07-25-2007, 11:53 AM
I think goki should be forgiven for subconsciously placing himself a pedestal above the rest of the nerdy internet scum. It sounds like he's just moved out of his parents house and he's over excited to test some boundaries. No big deal. Although, if he's not going to be around as often, I would have to agree that he should step down from his admin position.

Btw, I was bare-ass naked while I posted this.

Kairyu
07-25-2007, 02:14 PM
It's always nice to get little reminders as to why you don't go to some places any more.

Beldaran
07-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Anyone who wants to do more with themselves but think they can't needs to look at me,

I think the problem is that few of us view drinking, picking up chicks, and acting sleazy as "doing more with yourself".

Drinking a lot and getting laid with random girls might be fun, but I assure you it's not any healthier or productive than relaxing at home and posting on the internet.

The gym, however, sounds great. Good job on that. Losing weight and working out will add years to your life and improve self esteem.

phattonez
07-25-2007, 03:07 PM
It's always nice to get little reminders as to why you don't go to some places any more.

You don't come here because one person decided to leave?

biggiy05
07-25-2007, 03:23 PM
You don't come here because one person decided to leave?

No I think he means Goki is just a reminder of why he doesn't post much anymore. I'm sure there are many other reasons.

Gerudo
07-25-2007, 03:30 PM
Believe me, from what I've seen, protesting for some staff who will actually be around is very high priority on the list of us who can't do anything but carry picket signs.

This is going to look like an attack on all the inactive staff, but I stand my ground; it is NOT. I've always believed that even though a place may not need it, having staff around that actually frequent the forums is a good thing. It keeps people happy knowing that if they need a staff member, they are there. I know people have lives, missing a few days ain't gonna kill anyone, but there are people who haven't been here in months, possibly longer.

*picks up his sign*

oh well...

ShadowTiger
07-25-2007, 03:45 PM
It's always nice to get little reminders as to why you don't go to some places any more.You don't come here because one person decided to leave?No I think he means Goki is just a reminder of why he doesn't post much anymore. I'm sure there are many other reasons.I thought it could've been because Masa was naked. :blah:

I'm sure you knew this already, but I'm with Geru. For those of you who are confusing an uprising with a desire for a more active forum, you've gotta rethink your position on a few things. If you think that we're the ones that need to be rethinking our position, then you REALLY need to rethinking where things stand. Some of us here, (Hopefully the vast, vast majority.) want a forum community that's consistently happy, interested, participating, and not afraid to show up and post. Do we have all of these already? I don't know; it very much depends on who you ask.

I think I posted a list of two absolutely critical items for all staff to have. Even if your position on things is a bit different, so long as you're keeping people happy, it shouldn't matter. When the majority present is happy and posting, you've got yourself a great team of hard working staff. It's not a perfect list, but it's a great start towards the obvious. If I'm wrong, show me a different obvious. Show me what you think AGN should be relative to every other community. It's either a clique, or it's a great gathering of people. It could even be both! It was both for a while, and I remember people being happy, if oblivious, with it.

AtmaWeapon
07-25-2007, 08:21 PM
I think goki should be forgiven for subconsciously placing himself a pedestal above the rest of the nerdy internet scum. It sounds like he's just moved out of his parents house and he's over excited to test some boundaries. No big deal. Although, if he's not going to be around as often, I would have to agree that he should step down from his admin position.

Btw, I was bare-ass naked while I posted this.This post wins the thread.

Also seriously who posts with pants on? Terrorists that's who!

phattonez
07-25-2007, 08:47 PM
Well then cuff me up and send me to Gitmo.

AtmaWeapon
07-27-2007, 12:18 AM
No that is too good for your kind we will send you somewhere where you learn the error of wearing pants

phattonez
07-27-2007, 12:28 AM
I know just the place, Kohl's. I hate that store so much. I wonder if they have those in Australia.

Masamune
07-27-2007, 12:30 AM
I was talking to teh CEO of Kohl's the other day. And he was saying how he'd never have a store built in Australia because the kangaroos would try on clothing and then beat the shit out of customers.

goKi
07-27-2007, 04:49 AM
For those of you who have slower minds than others.

The drinking was such a minor part of the damn post. Funny thing is, i remember hearing several drunken rampage stories from almost everyone who criticised me drinking. Funny that. Also, Masa, i'd been out of my parent's place for over 4 months before i started drinking, so i'm pretty sure your theory is wrong. Mentioning i had gone out drinking a few times (and at the time of posting this, it was at TWO times, it's now at a whopping FOUR WHOLE TIMES, i'm on the way to being an alcoholic!) was directed almost specifically at Glitch, Mooie and Goat, who all tried very hard to get me drunk during my vacation up to the states two years ago.

The whole point of posting what i did, it's got to do with confidence. The reason i'm 'picking up' girls, and getting phone numbers and such is to build my own confidence and social skills. You 'internet scum' may not realise this, but you need social skills in almost every situation in life, not just while trying to talk to the opposite sex. Out of the four career paths i'm seriously considering following, three of them are extremely reliant on having good social skills (namely, if i can't talk to people well, i'll lose my job). Basically, i was a social retard before i started spending all my time on the internet, the internet didn't help me at all, since 93% of communication is voice tone and body language, which neither of are used at all online. My job was suffering, my friendships were suffering, my relationship with my family was suffering. I was just done with having such terrible social skills, and i think that i'm far better spending half an hour a day having conversations with complete strangers on the street than spending them talking to people over the internet.

The reception i got here is extremely typical of what this place has become. You guys are so wound up in yourselves you don't know how to properly converse with people anymore. It's kind of pathetic. You guys need to get over yourselves... I'm serious. And by the way, i 'place myself on a pedestal over you guys' because i am better than you. Those who this doesn't apply to know who they are, but you guys are so fucking petty, i've got no idea how you can enjoy your life. I know this because i used to be one of you. So instead of doing exactly what i would have did 6 months ago and start having a laugh about how i'm having a huge rant at you guys, and take a good hard fucking look at yourselves. You all could do so much more with your life (Again, the internet is fine, in fact, i can't wait to get it hooked up at home), but it's what you guys make yourselves when you're online that's just completely fucked up. I just re-read my original post, and it's far less self serving than everything you guys have written behind me.

Get over yourselves.

Beldaran
07-27-2007, 05:03 AM
First:

you need social skills in almost every situation in life,

And then:

For those of you who have slower minds than others.

You 'internet scum' may not realise this

You guys are so wound up in yourselves you don't know how to properly converse with people anymore. It's kind of pathetic. You guys need to get over yourselves... I'm serious. And by the way, i 'place myself on a pedestal over you guys' because i am better than you [...] you guys are so fucking petty, i've got no idea how you can enjoy your life. I know this because i used to be one of you. [...] take a good hard fucking look at yourselves. You all could do so much more with your life [...]
Get over yourselves.

And a reminder:

you need social skills in almost every situation in life,

Irony at it's finest.

Glenn the Great
07-27-2007, 09:31 AM
Basically, i was a social retard before i started spending all my time on the internet, the internet didn't help me at all, since 93% of communication is voice tone and body language, which neither of are used at all online.

Vanilla Goki... now with at least 7% asshole!

Glitch
07-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Goki, you should go ahead and just ban Glenn again.

Beldaran
07-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Vanilla Goki... now with at least 7% asshole!

ha! that was brilliant.:lol:

phattonez
07-27-2007, 03:03 PM
goKi, I think you lost this thread. This is the equivalent of a GB thread without all the "fucks", "shits", and "cunts". At this point, there's really no reason to try and even defend yourself, you'll just end up getting bashed more and more.

gdorf
07-27-2007, 04:08 PM
Goki - It sounds to me like you were incapable of managing your time before completely cutting yourself off of the internet. Some people go overboard and can't get things done if they have access to the internet. I think it was a great idea for you to cut yourself off from the computer so you wouldn't be tempted to waste entire days in front of it.

There are a lot of very successful people posting at AGN. I am more impressed by the people who post interesting posts here AND have something meaningful going on in their lives -- not just partying and picking up women.

Great job getting in shape though. :thumbsup:

Dechipher
07-27-2007, 04:32 PM
I was talking to teh CEO of Kohl's the other day. And he was saying how he'd never have a store built in Australia because the kangaroos would try on clothing and then beat the shit out of customers.

Best. Post. Ever.

AtmaWeapon
07-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Ahahaha just because I'm a jerk on the internet doesn't mean I have no social skills it just means it's more fun to troll people when you can easily disconnect yourself from the environment. Also we're all pretty tight-knit here so yeah when you waltz in talking about how much more awesome you are than us and how we have it all wrong we get pretty self-absorbed. Try walking into one of your bars and start talking about how abstaining from alcohol can really turn your life around you'll get pretty much the same results.

biggiy05
07-27-2007, 07:59 PM
Yes Goki you figured out what type of person I am! I have no social skills but have clinics in a hospital two nights a week where I interact with people. I'll also be volunteering at a fire station again so there's more people but oh no! I don't have any social skills.

Someone developed an ego and needs a cookie. It's tempting to move this thread out of GD and out of sight.

phattonez
07-27-2007, 08:41 PM
This thread deserves a move to GB. I saw let's recreate it just for this.

We can balance a social and online life. Some decide to spend more with one than others, so be it. Whatever makes them happy.

Lilith
07-27-2007, 08:55 PM
it's funny because I just got home from DRINKING with LAWYERS

edit: also one of them is a pastor now that is why we were drinking

phattonez
07-27-2007, 08:56 PM
A lawyer became a pastor and is drinking? You could totally make a movie out of that.

Lilith
07-27-2007, 08:58 PM
Yes, we also talked about murder cases that involved fucking goats.

I'm slightly buzzed and I can still spell 'goKi'

phattonez
07-27-2007, 09:01 PM
Drunk typing on AGN? I've never pulled that one. It takes so long to type when you're drunk. It's also fun making fun of people drunk.

I'd have a harder time spelling Lilith than goKi.

AtmaWeapon
07-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Lilith I can never figure out just what that avatar is what is the head connected to :confused:

Masamune
07-27-2007, 10:21 PM
I think the head is just popping up to prevent you from seeing what looks like a breast. And if you think posting while drunk is cool, you should try posting while high. That's like 10x cooler because marijuana is illegal. Or posting while naked. I'm in my boxers at the moment, and my junk is touching the chair slightly. But it's ok because it's my chair and I don't have to share it with anybody no matter how much they beg because it's MINE.

phattonez
07-27-2007, 10:24 PM
That's like saying, "shooting someone in the face is much cooler than kicking them in the nuts because it's illegal."

Kairyu
07-27-2007, 11:59 PM
Actually, it's because everyone and their grandmother here is a drama queen and likes using "lol ur dum end of story" as an argument. It was kinda funny the first time, but too many threads devolved into that sort of thing and just died. With GB at least it was funny, but now it's just boring and repetitive.

Seriously, what's the point of coming here when I could get equally or more stimulating conversations in topics at GameFAQ's?

phattonez
07-28-2007, 12:01 AM
Here people will know you, you won't just be a random person like over there. I like forums this size. Not too big, not too small, just right. It has enough activity yet you know everyone who posts for the most part.

AlexMax
07-28-2007, 02:40 AM
It's tempting to move this thread out of GD and out of sight.

Rule 4080 of the internets is that if someone makes an ass of themselves on the internet, hiding the 'evidence' of said fuckup's fuckups, is about the worst idea in the history of anything, ever.

Besides, we are far past the point of someone using Save As..., Print Screen or adding his posts to goki.txt. It's not like hiding the thread would accomplish or hide anything.

AtmaWeapon
07-28-2007, 09:54 AM
I think the head is just popping up to prevent you from seeing what looks like a breast. And if you think posting while drunk is cool, you should try posting while high. That's like 10x cooler because marijuana is illegal. Or posting while naked. I'm in my boxers at the moment, and my junk is touching the chair slightly. But it's ok because it's my chair and I don't have to share it with anybody no matter how much they beg because it's MINE.Ahh it makes sense now that is pretty clever.

Also this man understands the proper way to browse the internet.

Actually, it's because everyone and their grandmother here is a drama queen and likes using "lol ur dum end of story" as an argument. It was kinda funny the first time, but too many threads devolved into that sort of thing and just died. With GB at least it was funny, but now it's just boring and repetitive.

Seriously, what's the point of coming here when I could get equally or more stimulating conversations in topics at GameFAQs?shut up you are dumb why don't you go post about who is hotter Jessica from Dragon Quest 8 or that one pokemon that has breasts on GameFAQs about it

phattonez
07-28-2007, 11:06 AM
There's a Pokemon with tits? Do you mean that cow one?

VEL
07-28-2007, 01:58 PM
There's a Pokemon with tits? Do you mean that cow one?
I'm guessing it's this one.
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb292/chaa_2/jynx.jpg

Kairyu
07-28-2007, 05:56 PM
shut up you are dumb why don't you go post about who is hotter Jessica from Dragon Quest 8 or that one pokemon that has breasts on GameFAQs about it
There's only one? I thought they added like four in D/P alone.

Geez, I miss the days where someone would make a pointless trollbait topic and by post five the discussion would have changed irreversibly to waffles and continued for multiple pages. Now we change the topic to how everyone is controlled by the government is controlled by the tobacco companies is controlled by Adolf Hitler's brain in a jar is controlled by the religious right is controlled by Glenn the Great.

Glenn the Great
07-28-2007, 07:19 PM
...is controlled by Glenn the Great.

We could use more of these, in my opinion.

phattonez
07-28-2007, 07:25 PM
I can only imagine the world controlled by Glenn. I'd assume that we'd all be fascists.

AtmaWeapon
07-29-2007, 12:03 AM
No there's this one pokemon that looks kind of like a human female and of course that meant everyone interpreted it as having breasts.

It was kind of hard to find it for a while because as you can imagine searching google for "pokemon tits" turns up interesting results but not exactly what I was looking for.

I think it's Gardevoir (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/282.shtml), when I searched google for that one I got results similar to "pokemon tits" only this time with pokemon instead of humans.

AtmaWeapon
07-29-2007, 12:05 AM
Oh god quote != edit I can't believe I did this

phattonez
07-29-2007, 12:40 AM
It's a mermaid pokemon and everyone thinks that it's hot? Damn, some people have problems.

AtmaWeapon
07-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Yes and the weird thing is I don't remember exactly what led me to a situation where people discussed the relative hotness of pokemon but I remember the thread had lots of discussion and pictures.

I really wish I remembered where I ran into that so I can remember to never go back.

AlexMax
07-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Yes and the weird thing is I don't remember exactly what led me to a situation where people discussed the relative hotness of pokemon but I remember the thread had lots of discussion and pictures.

One day on Halloween, I decided to fuck with the major retard at school when I came out of science for break. He was dressed as Ash. Knowing this was going to happen, I brough a Mudkips doll. Thus I started the conversation, making sure no one saw me.

"So I heard you like Mudkips..."

"Mudkips? I LUUUUUUUUUUUURVE MUDKIPS."

"O RLY? So, would you ever fuck a Mudkips, that is.." (he cuts me off before I could said 'if you were a Mudkips') "OF COURSE."

"Well I just happen to have a Mudkips here, and."

Before I finished the sentence, which would have resulted in me hitting him across the face with the doll, he grabbed it. In one swift motion his pants were down and he was violenly humping it. Not to get between a man and his Mudkips, I started to walk away, because there is no way I'd be caught wrestling a half-naked crazy guy humping a Mudkips.

Needles to say, within 5 to 10 seconds, some girls saw him and started screaming. I cooly walked into a restroom, pretending nothing had ever happened; not that I had intended that outcome, but now that it was in play I didn't want to be involved.

I came back two minutes later, and like any wanton act on school grounds there was now a huge crowd round him. He was still fucking it and baying this real fucked up 'EEEEEEEEEEINNNNF EEEEEEEEEEINNNF' sound. Suddenly a scuffle broke out in the middle, meaning he probably did something stupid.

I asked someone what had happened. A girlfriend of one of the football players tried to get him to stop, but he bit her for trying to take it away. Someone called in a few football players (all dressed up like Road Warrior) who proceeded to pummel the shit out of the guy. Meanwhile the school police were freaking out and having trouble getting in to the situation.

A few minutes later the intruder alarm went off and we were shuffled into classrooms. Over the intercom the principal announced that someone had thrown a flaming plush toy into the library. Uh.. what the hell.

So we were kept there and about 30 minutes later the principal came on again. This time he was saying that whoever was behind the beating should turn themselves in. All of a sudden this woman began yelling "I WILL SUE YOU FOR DAMAGES. YOU LITTLE PUNKS, I'M GONNA SUE..." and it was cut off.

I asked an office later what had happened. Apparently his mother had come to pick him up and threatened to sue for the beating and 'whatever else happened.' The school threatened to counter-sue because of lewd conduct, inciting a riot, and starting a fight.

So I ask you: Do you like Mudkips?

Dechipher
07-30-2007, 04:44 AM
pointless story
You're such a badass.

AtmaWeapon
07-31-2007, 12:31 AM
Alex does this mean we are dating? (I'm da football player in da post)

Sam Atoms
07-31-2007, 05:41 AM
A girlfriend of one of the football players tried to get him to stop, but he bit her for trying to take it away. Someone called in a few football players (all dressed up like Road Warrior) who proceeded to pummel the shit out of the guy.

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to raise my voice and call "BULLSHIT" right here.

Glenn the Great
07-31-2007, 06:44 AM
Of course it's bullshit.

Alex is just a copypasta spreading yet another meme that has spawned a million image macros.

AtmaWeapon
07-31-2007, 09:03 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to raise my voice and call "BULLSHIT" right here.Hey kid have you ever wanted to respond to a troll? The man is trying to keep people away from it but it's good stuff man. You wouldn't believe the things you can see!

Look, no pressure, but I'm just gonna leave some mudkips right here on the counter. No pressure, if you don't want them you can just leave them and I'll pick them back up in a while. But if you liek we can talk later...

Prrkitty
07-31-2007, 02:07 PM
OK... I've been reading this whole thread and now I just have to ask.

What the hell are these mudkips y'all are talking about? And why is there such a sexual attribute to 'em?

And yes I'm gonna go do a google on 'em after I post this.

EDIT: This is what I found: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudkip#Mudkip

Not sure I see anything sexual with that... but hey... anyway.

Gerudo
07-31-2007, 03:23 PM
@Prr
'I HERD U LEIK MUDKIPZ' was an internet meme (phenomenon), I think originally spawned from a story posted on a message board a while back. AlexMax's post is that story, and is indeed copypasta.

It seems as if both AlexMax and AtmaWeapon have pretty much both turned into pointless trolling tards that try and spread whatever bullshit is going on at whatever other online place(s) they go.

biggiy05
07-31-2007, 03:28 PM
@Prr
'I HERD U LEIK MUDKIPZ' was an internet meme (phenomenon), I think originally spawned from a story posted on a message board a while back. AlexMax's post is that story, and is indeed copypasta.

It seems as if both AlexMax and AtmaWeapon have pretty much both turned into pointless trolling tards that try and spread whatever bullshit is going on at whatever other online place(s) they go.

Alexmax has always been a trolling tard. Atma has gone in and out of it.

This thread is being closed. Goki fed his ego and tried to everyone he is better than us and failed.