PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo's big E3 announcement

Glitch
07-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Wii Fit.

http://www.i4u.com/article10081.html

biggiy05
07-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Are they trying to get the fat kids off the couch and exercise by playing games? That or they want to market to the yoga freaks out there.

MottZilla
07-11-2007, 04:04 PM
I stopped listening to Nintendo's "big announcements" along time ago. Sorry but Nintendo's all washed up for me. Unless they release a new killer GameBoy, I don't see them being a major player in seasoned gaming, only in casual/weekend /noobie gaming.

AlexMax
07-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I stopped listening to Nintendo's "big announcements" along time ago. Sorry but Nintendo's all washed up for me. Unless they release a new killer GameBoy, I don't see them being a major player in seasoned gaming, only in casual/weekend /noobie gaming.

do you ever look like this when you sit in front of your computer, serious question

http://xs117.xs.to/xs117/07283/ankphoto4un699_.jpg (http://xs.to)
You see, I don't see them remaining a major player status in seasoned gaming...only in the *chuckle* casual market.

~sips merlot~

Darth Marsden
07-11-2007, 05:01 PM
You look NOTHING like your avatar.

I'll wait for the black Wii console before I get exited. It will come out. Yes it f**king will.

Pineconn
07-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Kind of interesting. I'm really hoping that if you pre-order Wii Fit, that you'll get a free Chuck Norris with it. THEN I'll buy it.

The_Amaster
07-11-2007, 05:58 PM
I think it has a chance to do well. I mean, look at Brain Age and Big Brain Acadamy.

Beldaran
07-11-2007, 07:52 PM

Pretty sure that isn't him.

Cloral
07-11-2007, 08:10 PM

Are you saying you look like a storm trooper?

vegeta1215
07-11-2007, 08:18 PM
I think it sounds really neat, and it'll probably be huge. I'm looking forward to hearing more about. Plus the "board" or whatever you want to call it, has some promise too.

btw, anyone else catch TSA on stage demoing Phatom Hourglass at E3?

DarkDragoonX
07-11-2007, 09:26 PM

Wow, that comment is just... y'know, I just don't see how I can respond to that without flaming, so I'll let it drop.

Glenn the Great
07-11-2007, 10:00 PM
LOL Alex.

That's definitely me in front of my computer though.

jman2050
07-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Mottzilla is a disenfranchised fanboy who should likely be ignored in any relevant video game discussion. If he complains or argues, it won't matter, cause we'll be ignoring him anyway.

Moving forward, Nintendo's conference sucked, but Super Mario Galaxy looks to be GOTy by a mile, SSBB is still awesome, and MP3 looks to be the awesome Wii FPS we've all been waiting for. That, and Mario Kart Wii online should be sweet. Decent show for them.

Glenn the Great
07-11-2007, 10:07 PM
I'm not ignoring Mottzilla.

Where are these "relevant video game discussions" you speak of? PureZC? Nintendo's official forums?

Tygore
07-11-2007, 10:09 PM
I'll wait for the black Wii console before I get exited. It will come out. Yes it f**king will.

Yeah, who cares how good the games are. The console had better just not clash with my decorum. White with my oak entertainment center? Oh no you didn't.

phattonez
07-11-2007, 10:24 PM
Mott, what exactly is noobie gaming?

Glenn the Great
07-11-2007, 10:31 PM
I don't want to speak for Mott when the question isn't directed to me, but since I'm in agreement with Mott, my personal definition of noobie gaming is:

"Hey, this game looks swell! I may actually play a game for a change now that I don't have to press any buttons."

MottZilla
07-11-2007, 11:10 PM
DarkDragon and JMan, believe it or not, everyone isn't a Nintendo fan. Everyone doesn't think the Wii is the coolest thing since sliced bread. It's actually possible to have a different opinion.

Nintendo was once king of the hill and very much deserving of praise for various things. However now they are no longer particularly interesting with their own platform, and their IPs seem to just have the same things done to them without much improvement. It just doesn't work for me.

phattonez, by noobie gaming I mean gaming for those not particularly skilled or experienced in gaming, hence a noobie/newbie or whatever. Their approach is to appeal to those people. The problem is that's like playing with a toy designed for a 3 year old when you're 30.

Yoshiman
07-11-2007, 11:17 PM
I have to somewhat agree with Mott as well. Nintendo really isn't what it used to be. I was kinda expecting them to announce a couple new games instead of another add-on for the Wii. I'd much rather see more killer games come out for the actual system before I buy one.

Orion
07-12-2007, 01:26 AM
Wii Fit isn't for you. But it's going to sell consoles anyway. Probably a lot of them. And it will help to put a positive spin on the gaming market, which it desperately needs. I probably won't get it, but I see plenty of other things that I am interested on the Wii. I definitely wanna give Galaxy and Metroid a try, but Brawl, maybe not so much.

You have to remember, you are a part of an ever-shrinking sector of the gaming demographic.

And for the record, none of the "big 3" really announced anything new and earth-shattering. Nothing that was announced over the last two days has really suprised me at all.

Gerudo
07-12-2007, 02:52 AM
so not only do we have news, media, and politicians telling us we're fatasses, now gaming companies need to send subliminal messages our way too.

perfect.

also: anyone want to take bets on how long some obese motherfucker falls off the wii board thing and sues nintendo?

also2: i guess this wouldn't be GGD if you didnt have people calling other people ignorant morons because they dont agree with a gaming opinion. (ie; console wars)

also3: gg nintendo. i'm not gonna play a game i have to get off my fat obese ass for. unless it's the 'feed your face' game. (not cooking mama)

Dechipher
07-12-2007, 02:55 AM
Haha, I broke my Wii Board...because I'm a fatass.

Grasshopper
07-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Everyone doesn't think the Wii is the coolest thing since sliced bread. Yeah, its hard to make a sandwich with it, and hard to bite into.

MottZilla
07-12-2007, 02:09 PM
Damn it Grasshopper, now I'm hungry and want to go make a sandwich! But you get my point anyway.

The thing that I found interesting was the speculation on what the "Big Announcement" would be. Many people honestly thought a harddrive was coming since NeoGeo would soon be here and the on-board flash memory doesn't offer much space. That or something with online service or something. By not caring about their big announcement I wasn't disappointed like those who were hoping for something actually important.

Even if they just said, surprise we have this AAA title coming out even sooner than you thought would have been better. Even though they aren't anything really new, SSBM, Mario Kart, and MP3 are all I find interesting enough.

And did anyone else think of the PowerPad after seeing this?

AlexMax
07-12-2007, 03:35 PM
I think it sounds really neat, and it'll probably be huge. I'm looking forward to hearing more about. Plus the "board" or whatever you want to call it, has some promise too.

Shit, that was TSA? That didn't occour to me until you just now said so, but yeah, I saw that.

so not only do we have news, media, and politicians telling us we're fatasses, now gaming companies need to send subliminal messages our way too.

It's quite simple. If you don't eat as many calories per day as you burn, you will lose weight, I don't care how fat you are or what "genetics" are working against you. It's just a matter of how badly do you not want to be ridiculed for not being able to fit through a doorway.

If you don't want to take that step, that's your decision. But you can see how berating Nintendo because it decided to concentrate on a game that allows a fun way to make healthy lifestyle choices instead of yet another rehash of your favorite Nintendo 64 game can make you and other people in this thread look stupid.

Radium
07-12-2007, 05:09 PM

I saw him! Congrats to you TSA! :D Havn't seen you on AIM lately, whats up?

phattonez
07-12-2007, 06:42 PM
The big success that Nintendo has always had over any other system is the ability to sell. The only one that really didn't do it was Gamecube. Wii is cheap and innovative, and from what I've seen, people are more intrigued with Wii than with 360 and PS3.

I still would buy none, I don't play video games like I used to.

Nintendo should try the power glove again, maybe one that actually works.

vegeta1215
07-12-2007, 07:23 PM
I'm pretty excited for the big Nintendo games like Metroid, Mario, and Smash Bros, but there are also a lot of other Wii games I'm excited to play. Sadly, there aren't many DS games on the horizon that interest me - looking at the release date list on site IGN for example, it seems the DS is turning into the next GBA, as in having a library of nothing but kids games and cheap movie/tv show licensed games.

I haven't checked out many 360 games, but Assassin's Creed looks really cool, and of course RE5 is coming to the 360 in the future. If I buy another console it will definitely be a 360. (maybe after they move to 65nm construction)

Glenn the Great
07-12-2007, 07:47 PM
Here's another Wii Fit article I just happened across, which gives some strong hints toward the identity of Nintendo's target audience these days.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/e3-day-two-nintendo/522702

Note this snip from the article:

- while the other, a small plastic wheel, will launch along with Mario Kart Wii.

Hang on, what was that? Yes, in a move sure to put smiles on the faces of longtime Nintendo fans, the Mario Kart series is coming to the Wii. Only shown in video form, it's scheduled to release in the first quarter of next year, but will include online play with an as-yet undisclosed (but presumably large) number of simultaneous players. "This is not your father's Mario Kart," Fils-Aime said.

Okay, let's see... the original Mario Kart came out in 1992. That was 15 years ago.

It looks like Nintendo feels it has shifted its target audience to be a good 5 years younger since 1992, assuming the "father" wasn't a teenager when he had the kid. Sounds about right to me.

Pineconn
07-12-2007, 09:55 PM
You know that's just an expression, right?

And I still can't believe that TSA used to be a part of these forums. But he's moved on with Zentendo.

Glenn the Great
07-12-2007, 10:47 PM
Pineconn hears something from Glenn that could potentially crumble his personal understanding of the universe...

Pineconn: "You know that's just an expression, right? Uh, right guys? right?..." *looks around nervously*

Tygore
07-13-2007, 04:43 PM
To be fair, my dad absolutely loved Super Mario Kart, while it took me a while to really get the hang of it.

Pineconn
07-13-2007, 07:30 PM
Very funny Glenn. Ha ha haha ha.

I really should play Super Mario Kart. Good old isometric graphics. I think I'll download buy it. :p

MottZilla
07-14-2007, 12:09 AM
Super Mario Kart didn't use isometric graphics. Mario Kart used something called Mode 7, which gave an illusion of a 3D playfield more or less.

erm2003
07-14-2007, 12:18 AM
A lot of Super Nintendo games used Mode 7 back in the day... ah nostalgia.

MottZilla
07-14-2007, 01:51 PM
One of the first two games released used it too, F-Zero. Final Fantasy was well known for using it on the map screens. SNES was quite a graphical powerhouse at the time.

Pineconn
07-14-2007, 02:53 PM
Super Mario Kart didn't use isometric graphics. Mario Kart used something called Mode 7, which gave an illusion of a 3D playfield more or less.

...Then somebody lied to me. Argh, too bad I won't be able to speak to him again!

War Lord
07-15-2007, 02:56 AM
I think this is a great idea. I'll probably grab one when it's released.
Running a few miles daily or whatever else gets boring. It's nice to have other options.

punkonjunk1024
07-15-2007, 03:27 AM
I'm not a nintendo fanboy, at all, but really, how can you say that? Nintendo has done some really awesome things. I thought you were a pretty big DS fan?

I like what sony has done up until the PS3. The wii is awesome, gimicky yes, but you can't argue with it's appeal. Xbox360 took some steps in the right direction after the inherent suck of the original Xbox, and the price has fallen to almost reasonable.

But pretty much, if I had a choice for which next gen console to own (since I sadly don't have one of them yet) It would definately be the wii. If only for sadness, MP Corruption, and SSBB, that so far looks better than anything slated for release on the other systems.

And come on, please don't make that childish arguement. It's as old and crotchety as you're starting to sound.
You still play mario 3, right? It's fucking childish and stupid. But that doesn't mean it's not good.

MottZilla
07-15-2007, 01:43 PM
PoJ, you didn't understand. I love Nintendo's classic systems and games. And no they are not childish or stupid. Infact I never said anything about childish anywhere in this thread. I however don't care for the Wii and the motion controls and the pointer that they are trying to pimp out. The tilt functionality is neat but the rest isn't that interesting to me.

Just because you like Nintendo's previous work doesn't mean you have to love everything else they do. The DS works alot better than the Wii for me. I still don't like it when they do stupid things to use the touch screen when they shouldn't bother but overall the DS works well enough. The Wii not so much. Especially for the cost of it.

If you like the Wii that's fine. I prefer the Xbox 360 over the Wii by alot. One reason for that is online multiplayer gaming. And Wii can't match that or PS3. And I like shiney High Definition detailed graphics which Wii can't provide either.

You're just going to have to face it that people can not like Nintendo Wii. There are some titles I'd play but I don't find them high on my priority list. I find games like Gears of War and Assassin's Creed much more appealing than Super Mario Galaxy or SSBB or MP3.

AtmaWeapon
07-15-2007, 03:39 PM
MottZilla have you ever considered for a moment that perhaps some people like Nintendo's games doesn't have much to do with "love for the classic Nintendo"?

I mean more and more you lift your wine glass and discuss the finer points of "modern gaming" and the "hardcore gaming" crowd which you are proud to be a part of but I think you fail to realize that there is an equally large group of players that do not enjoy these games.

You find games like Gears of War and Assassin's Creed that build upon numerous predecessors and reward hours of skill-building in a particular tactic. When another Gears of War comes out you'll start with an advantage since you are already skilled at the previous Gears of War. Some people like this model.

Other people don't. What I didn't like about Twilight Princess was its engine was similar enough to previous Zelda games that I was practically invincible in combat. In this case, the Wiimote was a gimmick and brought nothing but easier aim of projectiles to the table. However, other games like Elebits were a ton of fun because the Wiimote allowed me to interact with the game in a way that tapped skillsets I had never been forced to use in games. I look forward to Super Mario Galaxy because it promises to bring a new method of interacting with Mario to the field, and previous experience with Mario games will not necessarily give me an advantage. I will be sorely disappointed if it turns out to be SMS 2.

In short, you like having the same game sold to you with minor tweaks so you can sit back and discuss how there should only be one map and two weapons to make the game "fair". Others like having the same license sold to them with major, game-altering tweaks that completely challenge the player to adopt a new playstyle and learn a varied range of strategies.

Cloral
07-15-2007, 08:23 PM
I look forward to Super Mario Galaxy because it promises to bring a new method of interacting with Mario to the field, and previous experience with Mario games will not necessarily give me an advantage. I will be sorely disappointed if it turns out to be SMS 2.

Have you seen the new video (http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/804/804747p1.html) of it from e3? It is looking to be quite different than SMS.

Anthus
07-15-2007, 11:51 PM
I would hardly consider this their big announcement. I think the new SMG trailer, and release date are more important. They also stated that Brawl will be out on the 3rd of December. One day before my birthday =D

Anyway, I could care less about Wii Fit. It seems like Wii Sports: It started as a tech demo, and should have stayed a tech demo :shrug:

Nicholas Steel
07-16-2007, 01:39 AM
i agree fully with mottz first few posts, i cant be assed looking like a idiot to play a game, id rather sit down and push buttons like whats been done for the past 20 years and not look like an ass.

also, yes, nintendo have long since stopped making hardcore games, i do find some gamcube games good tho, but nothing anywhere near as hard as what they had for the NES or SNES.

AlexMax
07-16-2007, 10:28 AM
The funniest thing about this thread is that people think that 20 year old Nintendo games are "Hardcore"

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3520996425810543110
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6336332018778143406
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4242993143278425715

mrz84
07-16-2007, 11:52 AM
You either like a game or your don't. That's my take on this. I personally like games that others deem "stupid" or "don't play this because it sucks" becasue they just can't seem to find any fun in them. An example of this is Romancing Saga.

To get back on topic though, I look foward to Brawl and Prime 3. Maybe Galaxy. :kitty:

MottZilla
07-16-2007, 03:03 PM
MottZilla have you ever considered for a moment that perhaps some people like Nintendo's games doesn't have much to do with "love for the classic Nintendo"?

Yes but some people do fit in that they love Nintendo so much they automatically want to love anything they do.

I mean more and more you lift your wine glass and discuss the finer points of "modern gaming" and the "hardcore gaming" crowd which you are proud to be a part of but I think you fail to realize that there is an equally large group of players that do not enjoy these games.

Alexmax is the guy with the wine glass crap. The point of this forum is to discuss gaming. I do know there are people that don't enjoy many types of games I like. But some people don't seem to realize the opposite is true that many people that like playing games pushing buttons don't like whirling around a plastic remote.

You find games like Gears of War and Assassin's Creed that build upon numerous predecessors and reward hours of skill-building in a particular tactic. When another Gears of War comes out you'll start with an advantage since you are already skilled at the previous Gears of War. Some people like this model.

There's nothing wrong with this so what's the big deal? Trying to point out some people don't like to play games cause they aren't as good as other people at it? That's life.

Other people don't. What I didn't like about Twilight Princess was its engine was similar enough to previous Zelda games that I was practically invincible in combat. In this case, the Wiimote was a gimmick and brought nothing but easier aim of projectiles to the table. However, other games like Elebits were a ton of fun because the Wiimote allowed me to interact with the game in a way that tapped skillsets I had never been forced to use in games. I look forward to Super Mario Galaxy because it promises to bring a new method of interacting with Mario to the field, and previous experience with Mario games will not necessarily give me an advantage. I will be sorely disappointed if it turns out to be SMS 2.

I agree with you about Elebits which seems pretty amusing, but my problem is there's only so much you can do with it and there's so many crappy tacked on uses of the Wiimote it's sad. But even still, I don't want to be waving around or pointing in a nonsensical direction all the time I play games. If I want to point and shoot I'll play a lightgun game.

In short, you like having the same game sold to you with minor tweaks so you can sit back and discuss how there should only be one map and two weapons to make the game "fair". Others like having the same license sold to them with major, game-altering tweaks that completely challenge the player to adopt a new playstyle and learn a varied range of strategies.

I don't want the same game with minor tweaks or one map and two weapons. That's your assumed opinion. And I'd like to point out that Gears of War and Assassin's Creed are games like no other, based on no other. They are not evolutions of some other game.

vegeta1215
07-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Assassin's Creed looks cool, but it sure does remind me of another game I know... hmmm ::_points to sig_::

AtmaWeapon
07-16-2007, 07:24 PM
I agree with you about Elebits which seems pretty amusing, but my problem is there's only so much you can do with it and there's so many crappy tacked on uses of the Wiimote it's sad. But even still, I don't want to be waving around or pointing in a nonsensical direction all the time I play games. If I want to point and shoot I'll play a lightgun game.Eh I take this point but I think it's still kind of early. The DS was a pretty crappy system for the first few iterations of games; it took a while for developers to come up with actual uses for the touch screen that turned out to be fun as well. Despite that, you still end up with games like Magical Starsign that probably could have done just as well without the touch screen support.

To be honest, the Wii hasn't done much to excite me past Twilight Princess, which had an exceptional storyline. I've played a few party-game type things and that was pretty sweet, particularly when it's 4 people crammed around a 14" or whatever crazy small TV it was and you're always bumping someone and the dog keeps getting in the way oh man I miss those days!

Anyway, I got a Wii in anticipation for the franchises that I knew would bring the experience I wanted: Twilight Princess, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime whatever, and SSBB. I have high expectations and if two or more of those games fail to meet them then the Wii is dead to me.

It's still selling like crazy though from what I hear.

MottZilla
07-16-2007, 08:14 PM
Now I think we're on the same page. I just don't buy into Wii being the super amazing/deserving product it is said to be. Like GameCube, again if Nintendo doesn't really deliver on their series you enjoy you're left with little to play. Honestly I don't want to invest that much into Wii especially after GameCube turned out so poorly.

It's kind of strange to me that after GC and so far with Wii, N64 seems like a much more successful system than it did at the end of its life. I remember so many people gathering to play 4 player N64 games all the time. Not at all with GC though. Wii still needs to build the library.

Btw, Prince of Persia isn't like Assassin's Creed other than the acrobatics of the main character. :p

Daarkseid
07-16-2007, 08:44 PM
I'd like to think Mottz that Atma's rebuttal to your posts was a subtle reminder that the elitist mindset in one's gaming preferences can go both ways.

You were decrying the Wii as a machine for fanboys and noobs, and then Atma came back and reduced your gaming habits to simply wanting to play the same games over and over again.

In either case, the individual merits of both platforms were either marginalized or ignored outright in favor of the sorts of games that appeal to one's taste.

Also, stop shitting on the Wii. Its a whole different direction that Nintendo is taking the console business, and I dare anyone to attempt to explain why its somehow best if Nintendo were to follow the same direction the competition is taking, even though Nintendo 1) lacks the financial capital or market share to invest in conventionl hi spec consoles 2) released their current gen console a full year behind Microsoft, a company that had narrowly beaten Nintendo in the previous cycle in American market share.

You don't care for the wii controls, thats cool. You didn't need to come into this topic to let everyone know in a most obnoxious manner that Nintendo no longer appeals to you. This is why you got hit with the wine sipping elite label.

Glenn the Great
07-16-2007, 09:58 PM
I read that last week, Nintendo's capital momentarily rose above that of Sony. Nintendo is experiencing massive growth because of their Wii.

I'm sure it's not only because of the popularity of their console, but also because of the low production values of their games for it.

Nintendo should use this as a fundraising stunt, then drop the Wii in the shitter, and slap down the money to make a high-powered conventional console.

vegeta1215
07-16-2007, 10:01 PM
I only had like seven games for the N64, all pretty much Nintendo's own games. With the Gamecube, I have about 30 games total, and have branched out into other genres/companies. A big part of it is due to price - a lot of the games in my GCN collection I got for $20 or less - but I think the Gamecube is a much better system than the N64 and has a better library.

What made N64 great was a lot of big "firsts", such as Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time. That and Goldeneye 007 and a few other big titles.

Orion
07-17-2007, 01:12 AM
I don't think 3rd party developers will really put out groundbreaking stuff on the Wii. People try to get you to think they have on the DS, but really, they haven't. Sure, the system has exploded in terms of success, but is it because there are tons of games with awesome touch screen and dual screen controls? Not really. Nintendo is still the only one to take advantage of it's own system.

DarkDragoonX
07-17-2007, 06:58 PM
That's true. But then, you really don't get a lot of really innovative stuff on handhelds, anyway. The Wii's resounding popularity took pretty much everyone by surprise... as I recall, EA actually admitted that they weren't expecting it, and pledged to ramp up production on Wii titles. Now that it's become clear that the Wii actually has a significant share of the market, I expect there will be a lot more on the Wii horizon come this time next year.

Granted, whether or not Nintendo will be the only ones to truly take advantage of the Wii's capabilities remains uncertain. Still, it doesn't have to be revolutionary, it just has to be solid and not too gimmicky. For example, Etrian Odyssey uses the touch screen as a map that players have to fill ion themselves... just like using graph paper in oldschool first-person dungeon crawlers. It's not revolutionary by any means, but it is a fun, solid use of the touchscreen that I fully approve of.

Daarkseid
07-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Granted, whether or not Nintendo will be the only ones to truly take advantage of the Wii's capabilities remains uncertain. Still, it doesn't have to be revolutionary, it just has to be solid and not too gimmicky.

After playing RE4 wii edition, I don't think I could go back to playing games where I have to aim with a crappy analog stick.

Nicholas Steel
07-17-2007, 10:20 PM
the wii just needs a lot more games that DONT use motion sensing technology, when that occurs, people will talk about the wii better.

with the ps3, do you prefer motion sensing or rumble pack?

MottZilla
07-17-2007, 11:32 PM
After playing RE4 wii edition, I don't think I could go back to playing games where I have to aim with a crappy analog stick.

Then you'll be fucked when RE5 comes around. No Wii RE5. And I have to point out the Wii isn't so super amazing. Can't have the Nintendo fanclub running wild.

Daarkseid
07-18-2007, 12:48 AM
Then you'll be fucked when RE5 comes around. No Wii RE5.

Yeah, probably. Oh well.

Grasshopper
07-18-2007, 09:09 AM
I just don't buy into Wii being the super amazing/deserving product it is said to be. You may not, but on the contrary, I think it is a deserving product. Its done what Nintendo has set out to do, by capturing a whole new audience of gamers. The system still remains consistently out of stock even after being released over 6 months ago. The buzz generated around Nintendo, good or bad, has soared since Nintendo has been trying to take new approaches to gaming. To go up against two major players in the game industry with something that is completely different, underpowered, and having the reputation they have for the last 2 generations, and still turn heads, is pretty impressive in my opinion. That said, Wii may not be the high-tech powerhouse that Xbox 360 or PS3 are, but Wii being what it is, I think deserves every bit of recognition it gets, whether people out there like it or not.

I don't think 3rd party developers will really put out groundbreaking stuff on the Wii.

Agree. I don't like all the shovelware (such as EA or Ubisoft) are putting on the Wii. It seems like a good portion of the Wii games are rehashes of games thats been released on systems months, if not a year, ago with tacked on controls which don't do anything for the game.

MottZilla
07-18-2007, 01:22 PM
I know that's what they say, but of the people that have bought the Wii they've found a very small percent didn't own a game console before. Not so much expansion really. I'd give Nintendo more credit if we hadn't seen the same technology already used in other games. It's not horrible but there's alot of better platforms. Bump the Wii's release up by a couple years and it wouldn't seem so tame.

Revfan9
07-18-2007, 02:58 PM
Oh my god!!!

I swear, Nintendo has made just one mistake after another! I mean, first the NES, and now this!?

I would just like to say this now. No matter what you fucking n00b-asses say, the Wii is not fun to play. I'm a little 8-year old fucktard and I've never played anything other than Grand Theft Auto, so I should know!!!

First off, these so-called "Big Three" games are total crap. Allow me to explain my position:

SSBB: You can't play as CJ. Therefore it sucks. Moving on.

SMG: There is no blood. You play as a fat Italian. Therefore, it sucks. Moving on.

MP3: Okay. This is the worst one of all. The game itself looks pretty cool, but it sucks because you play as a FUCKING GIRL!! Girls are horrible! They have scary boobs and they give you cooties! A girl shouldn't be out there fighting aliens! She should be making babies and in the kitchen cookin my pot pie! If a girl ever started fighting aliens, I would tell her "Hey! Stop making me dress up like a mailman, and dance for you, while you smoke crack, and have sex with some guy, that I don't even know, on my Dad's bed!!"

In essence, the Wii sucks because it doesn't have Gears of War. Gears of War > Your face, you ree ree!! And one other thing...

*ringringring*

OH MY GOD

IT'S MY BANANA PHONE!!!

http://img479.imageshack.us/img479/2983/bananaphoneme4.jpg

I LOVE YOU BANANA PHONE!!!

Orion
07-19-2007, 02:04 AM
It's a preference is all it is, and the reason why I like the Wii is because if they didn't go with something new in the controls, I don't know that I could stand to pay $50 to play Zelda: TP that's the same as Zelda: OoT, Metroid Prime 3 that's the same as 1, and 2, etc. The new ideas in gameplay make the crapped-out sequels bearable. I wish the games were prettier, but I'm not going to spend $500 for pretty. I don't have the TV for it anyway.

I think the most disappointing thing about Nintendo's conference was what they didn't announce. Wii Fit is fine with me, but I wanted to see a little more of Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, etc. Where's my DS virtual console? Where's an online F-Zero with a track editor? Where's the Wii Ware indie games? But alas, at least there are some more gaming conferences coming up soon.

vegeta1215
07-19-2007, 06:10 PM
I'm not a big fan of ports to the Wii, but I would like to see Luigi's Mansion re-worked and possibly extended (new rooms or bigger mansion) for the Wii. It was such a fun Gamecube game, and being able to point Luigi's flashlight with the Wii-remote would be awesome.