PDA

View Full Version : Mother 3

Anthus
07-11-2007, 02:26 AM
So, has anyone else played it? I'm playing it, but it's kinda hard seeing as how everything is in Japanese =P All the story info I've learned is from Wikipedia. This game feels very strange. It feels so mysterious and dark. It feels like the complete opposite of it's SNES prequel, Earthbound.

Anyone who knows about this game surely knows about the English patch that they're working on at Starmen.net, andat MOther3.org...

I'm in the cave in Chimera Forest, BTW...

What are your thoughts on this game?

Glenn the Great
07-11-2007, 09:20 AM
I'd like to play it whenever a translation is released.

AtmaWeapon
07-15-2007, 01:44 AM
I thought there was a UK release or something because whoever is responsible for the game hates America?

War Lord
07-15-2007, 02:55 AM
When the only US release of the series still fetches over 50 dollars for a loose cartridge, wouldn't you figure they would get the hint?

AtmaWeapon
07-15-2007, 03:13 AM
No, not really. People have been begging them for the sequel/prequel for years and the last time I was in to looking at Starmen.net it seemed like Nintendo's response was always to act shocked and be all "Wait what you guys actually played that game?"

mrz84
07-15-2007, 11:11 AM
I'd love to play Mother 3, but sadly I cannot. They say money makes the world go around, but I'm virtually broke. As for gettring a rom of it, my rom supplier is unable to get it. Meh. I'll wait a bit and maybe I'll be able to buy a US release of it. Maybe... :kitty:

Glenn the Great
07-15-2007, 09:34 PM
I'd love to play Mother 3, but sadly I cannot. They say money makes the world go around, but I'm virtually broke. As for gettring a rom of it, my rom supplier is unable to get it. Meh. I'll wait a bit and maybe I'll be able to buy a US release of it. Maybe... :kitty:

Since when is the Internetz unable to get you a ROM? coolrom dot com might have it, they have everything I've ever wanted.

Anthus
07-15-2007, 11:48 PM
Glenn, I don't think Cool rom has a GBA section. At least not one that I've seen. To my knowledge, the only have GBC stuff.

However, you could try emuparadise dot org. They have EVERY GBA ROM ever released. They're not arranged alphabetically though, so you'll have to look at a list that has their numbers... A pain in the ass, really.

mrz84
07-16-2007, 03:44 PM
Since when is the Internetz unable to get you a ROM? coolrom dot com might have it, they have everything I've ever wanted.

I never said the internet itself couldn't get it for me. I'm referring to a guy I know who sends roms to me. He usually provides the best ones available at the times, but he's been busy with other stuff lately so I'll just track it down myself when I've got the time. :kitty:

Glenn the Great
07-16-2007, 03:48 PM
Glenn, I don't think Cool rom has a GBA section. At least not one that I've seen. To my knowledge, the only have GBC stuff.

However, you could try emuparadise dot org. They have EVERY GBA ROM ever released. They're not arranged alphabetically though, so you'll have to look at a list that has their numbers... A pain in the ass, really.

That's right, Cool rom doesn't carry GBA. I go to Cool rom mostly for SNES games, as emuparadise is missing a large number of popular titles. Between the two sites I find almost everything.

AtmaWeapon
07-16-2007, 07:29 PM
That's why you get a set of every ROM period n00b. I gots 1.59 GB of SNES stuff and somewhere or the other a similar NES set. I was too lazy to download the Genesis and Game Boy ones but now I am sad that I didn't. That torrent tracker is long gone :*(

Daarkseid
07-17-2007, 02:53 AM
It's going to be so awesome when Earthbound isn't released for the VC.

And by awesome I mean shitty.

DarkDragoonX
07-17-2007, 06:50 PM
No kidding. It boggles the mind at Nintendo's steadfast refusal to really try and push Earthbound into the US... the rabid love of the games by anybody who has ever played them is pretty telling.