PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding legality of zelda.nsf

bigjoe
07-09-2007, 09:29 PM
I've noticed that there are some proposed quest updates in the later builds, and this brings me to a question:

Would it be legal to include zelda.nsf and reference the appropriate tracks in the proposed quests? And if not, is there another route to go? It would be nice to have NES quality music in the original quests.

Also, if it's not legal, can the quests at least check to see if its there?

Nicholas Steel
07-10-2007, 01:04 AM
hmmm, since theres a feature freeze and recently the advance music has been removed, i doubt support for compressing such files into the quest it self would be supported, as that would be the most legal way to go about this without never mentioning the file.

Dart Zaidyer
07-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Why would you worry about the legality of music from the NES game when ZC has already ripped everything else?

pkmnfrk
07-10-2007, 08:51 PM
hmmm, since theres a feature freeze and recently the advance music has been removed, i doubt support for compressing such files into the quest it self would be supported, as that would be the most legal way to go about this without never mentioning the file.

Um, to play devil's advocate, not mentioning the file is slightly more illegal. Only slightly, though.

Brandon
07-10-2007, 11:47 PM
Illegal is still illegal. Obviously Nintendo doesn't care since ZC has been around for long enough.

ShadowMancer
07-11-2007, 09:41 AM
Legallity need only be an issue if someone is makeing money off of a copywrited work, otherwise it is basically considered 'fan art' and ignored

Nicholas Steel
07-11-2007, 06:26 PM
but in the case of music, would you like to make a song and 4 years later have it distributed for free? id rather not and sell it for 5$ a copy or something cheap and still get money.

4matsy
07-12-2007, 02:20 AM
but in the case of music, would you like to make a song and 4 years later have it distributed for free?

4 != 21. :p