PDA

View Full Version : Favorite New Feature.

bigjoe
07-09-2007, 04:24 PM
A simple vote, for future reference.

Which feature is your favorite?

Feel free to explain why you chose what you chose. :D

Din
07-09-2007, 04:36 PM
Next to bugfixes, items are the top feature on my list.:)

Russ
07-09-2007, 04:57 PM
Enemy editor, no doubt about it.

ShadowTiger
07-09-2007, 05:09 PM
Stable and complete ones. :)

Multiwarps and Preview Mode are very high on the list. I could actually do without the item and subscreen editor. I like the ability to make new enemies, (As you could easily tell which enemy was which if you could only change the graphics.) Also, everything in the Tiles Editor is wonderful, as well as all the tricks with the combo pages.

Beta Link
07-09-2007, 05:12 PM
My favorite is scripting. Sure, I can't use it myself very well, but it allows people to script their own little features. (Kind of)

The_Amaster
07-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Personally I like the Enemy and Item Editors, because I can't script. But I have to say that ZScript is the most open ended and versatile, so that got my vote.

SpykStorm
07-09-2007, 05:27 PM
I picked the enomy editor becouse I like making enomies.:):D:cool:

Stungun
07-09-2007, 05:41 PM
Auto-saves. Although everything else is simply awesome, without auto-saves... these would be rendered useless since Zquest crashes so often. Do you know how aggravating it is when Zquest chooses to crash at the moment that would most screw you over, and you lose insane amounts of hard and brilliant work?

And given the fact that autosaves happen no matter where you are (except for the tile editor), just about anything you do can be periodically backed up.

Things like auto-saving should have been the very first things thought of when new features were brought up, IMO. And they deserve a place in the poll. Shame you didn't mention them.

bigjoe
07-09-2007, 05:44 PM
I should have put that under ZQuest Touch Ups... :shrug:

Freedom
07-09-2007, 05:45 PM
The one that I've used most and has saved me the most time and hassle is one of the most simple additions.
Right click > Scroll to combo

Master_of_Power
07-09-2007, 08:27 PM
ZScript and ZASM hands down.

Brandon
07-09-2007, 08:36 PM
Voted ZScript/ZASM. Nice for when I get around to actually making a quest. The other features are no where near useless though. The editors come close.

And of course Scroll to Combo.

Luigi
07-10-2007, 09:25 AM
The Item Locator and the Quest Integrity Checker are pretty useful, so I voted 'Other'.

Plissken
07-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Yes I had to vote ZScript/ZASM because it adds endless possibilties.

pkmnfrk
07-10-2007, 08:01 PM
Auto-saves. Although everything else is simply awesome, without auto-saves... these would be rendered useless since Zquest crashes so often. Do you know how aggravating it is when Zquest chooses to crash at the moment that would most screw you over, and you lose insane amounts of hard and brilliant work?

I haven't seen ZQuest crash in a while. Not since the 2.11 betas, anyway. (Zelda-W, on the other hand...)

The one that I've used most and has saved me the most time and hassle is one of the most simple additions.
Right click > Scroll to combo

AMEN, although, that's not what I voted.

I voted ZScript, since it's the future. New items are well and good, but new, unique items are otherwise impossible. New enemies that act like old ones are fine and dandy, but you can't create new behaviour.

With ZScript, all of this [will eventually be] possible.

Phazite
07-10-2007, 08:33 PM
If I had to choose one, the enemy editor. Artificial Intelligence is fun to mess with. :D
I've been wanting the enemy editor the most since before 2.10.

ShadowMancer
07-10-2007, 09:40 PM
ZScript for sure!
I've been wanting to make a quest for a long time but keept giveing up because I could just not create the quest I envisioned, now with every new ZScript addition its getting more and more possible to do just what I want :)
Don't get me wrong other features such as custom enemies and items are a big + for quest design and the bugfixes and interface tweaks are a must, but overall scripting allows almost endless creative freedom.

Gleeok
07-11-2007, 05:03 AM
All these features are awesome, and I would of voted scripting if I knew what else if meant ;) but I personally have to say Enemy editor hands down, as i've been abusing that for months.

Nicholas Steel
07-11-2007, 06:40 AM
scripting is by far the best thing, how ever, it is the hardest to make stable and bug free.

beefster09
07-14-2007, 02:10 PM
I like 'em all about the same. I almost voted scripting because it's so versatile.

koopa
07-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Here's my top 3:

3. Custom Subscreens
You can make your quest graphics as detailed as you want, it' just won't be complete next to a Z1-subscreen. Also what if you want a different selection of items availiable to the player than the default? Custom items? This feature is a must.

2. Multiple warps per screen (not on the list because, I suppose, they're not that new anymore).
This was the one thing that always bothered me around 2.10 while I tried questmaking: so many ideas and puzzles didn't work or required a trick with two dark screens, blocks and invisible conveyors. Not to mention a time delay. This is easily one of the most powerful changes in overall quest design.

1. ( *drumroll* ) Let's hear it for ... custom enemies!
What I like most is the sheer number of enemies you can have ... you could make red, yellow, pink, green, blue, black and a whole lot of other octoroks. Or give them all different sprites and thus have the player wondering what the heck is running at him. Plus you can set so many aspects: combine the darknut's invincibility from behind with the peahat's movement for a truly challenging peahat-darknut (whether you call it a "peanut" is up to you :) ). And you can set the weapon, HP and damage too. It's a whole new world out there, and it just got a lot more dangerous.

Aranda
07-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Enemyy editor for sure...

And combine scripts in to the equation to make them even more annoying...

Sir_Johnamus
07-28-2007, 12:01 PM
I likie die enemy editor.
For one, people will not have to make makeshift non zelda quests by just editing the graphics of the enemy.
For second, you can make bosses easier now without using millions of screens.(Yes I have made one. It awesome.)
I like the item editor second, but one vote per person.

Gleeok
07-28-2007, 12:16 PM
Wow, Scripting and the enemy editor got the most votes. Who could've predicted that. Now all we need is some kick ass enemy scripts, and were set.

Mega Link
07-28-2007, 12:23 PM
8-bit color. It makes it easier to use minish cap tiles.