PDA

View Full Version : Insomnia

MrCow
07-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Who else suffers from it and how do you get some restful shut eye?
:|

biggiy05
07-08-2007, 02:55 AM
Depending how bad it is for you maybe consult a doctor and see about some medicine to help you fall asleep as a temp solution?

If I'm wide awake and want to fall asleep or wake up and can't fall asleep I usually turn the tv on to something boring like c-span or something that has a boring make you want to fall asleep in class type voice.

Glenn the Great
07-08-2007, 07:29 AM
I suffer from it every now and then. Like many other problems, there isn't really an effective cure outside of medicine.

I've had the problem where I'd be unable to fall asleep, and I'd suffer for it dearly in class the next morning. It usually lasts a week or two, and happens every several months. Nothing helps. Not going to bed earlier, nothing.

The best you can do if you can't get drugs is to let your teacher or employer know about the situation. It beats doing nothing, you have the possibility of getting sympathy, and they'll always respect you more for saying something instead of nothing. Most people would say nothing and just suck it up. It shows good character and bravery to actually say something.

DarkDragon
07-08-2007, 07:56 AM
Probably because of how little I sleep, I almost never have trouble immediately falling asleep. When I do, a few shots of Jameson does the trick.

MrCow
07-08-2007, 05:58 PM
my biggest problems are I can't fall asleep, then when I do its insanely erratic and interrupted sleep. Half the time i wonder why I bothered to sleep at all. sleeping medicines aren't an option as they all produce hang over effects for me. wooo wooo

Beldaran
07-08-2007, 06:04 PM
When I find myself wide awake and energetic at odd times of the night, I usually start studying or reading some intellectually dense material. I find that either I can concentrate fully, in which case I get something useful done, or I quickly grow tired and go to sleep without any trouble.

MrCow
07-08-2007, 09:44 PM
I've turned to writing lately when I can't sleep.

Gleeok
07-09-2007, 05:54 AM
Now that's a tough one. A while back I would of considered myself the king of the insomniac's but I manage it pretty well today. I used to work two jobs where one of which was a newspaper delivery (yes "paperboy") from 3 to 6am and have some colledge credits. If your case is similar then your fucked. There's nothing I could do about it exept lose all concept of sleep and intellegent thought. Aside from an abhorrently impossible schedule, The other main thing that will usually keep me awake is stress. I was never able to take any pills, and don't do any drugs, so I just had to deal with it. In the end the only thing that actually changed was not the constant bombardment of cosmic forces conspiring against me, but rather my perception of them. Something like "why do today what you can put off till tomorrow" or something i guess. Well, it's time to get some sleep. haha...

Also something that works for me is playing one off the many boring turn based rpg's for ps1/ps2 that are easy enough for a child to beat while laying in bed. Those seem to shut my brain down effectively.

Aireal Albatros
07-09-2007, 06:02 AM

I suffer from Insomnia. I just find the right position on my couch and then I sleep.

moocow
07-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Beat yourself unconscience with something large and heavy.

mrz84
07-09-2007, 10:50 AM
My dad sent me some sort of herbal tea from the UK that's supposed to help you sleep better. I haven't tried it yet though. If it works, I'd recommend it to you. :kitty:

The_Amaster
07-09-2007, 11:16 AM
It doesn't happen to me too often, but when it does, I force myself to take deep, long breaths and try to think of nothing.

cbailey78
07-12-2007, 02:48 AM
Buy yourself an anesthesia machine like what dentists use for patients.

Dechipher
07-12-2007, 03:00 AM
Beat off and cry.

MrCow
07-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Beat off and cry.

Buy yourself an anesthesia machine like what dentists use for patients.

How bout a real response instead of trying to be funny just to get a post.

also dechipher no need to beat off regardless that would never actually put me to sleep.