PDA

View Full Version : I need some help o.O

Extractor
07-07-2007, 06:09 PM
All my problems have been solved, thanks to the people who helped :D

Joe123
07-07-2007, 06:35 PM
Firstly, have you tried alphadawg's tutorial? Because it'll probably help you out quite a lot: http://www.ermock.com/zctutorial/

1) Go to the Dmap which you're starting on, and set the 'continue here' number in the box to 79. (this is covered in the tutorial)

2)Go to Quest->Misc.->Item Properties. Change the beam hearts to a number so you can have them (this depends on what tileset you're using)

3)Which aspect of 'dungeon' do you want tutoring in...

4)To do that you need to use a layer, and a graphic that looks like rain falling. If you want to use layers, check out I Dont Know's tutorial: http://www.geocities.com/idontknowtutorial/contents.html?1048292445858

That one covers more advanced things.

Extractor
07-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Yeah, his dungeon part of the tutorial confused the heck out of me.
It doesn't make much sense on where to put the spots like.. the rooms on the dungeon..

1. I must have forgotten about doing the starting point but got it :D
2. Ooh, I'll try doing that..

3. Well.. When I go down the stairs I appear in a room just like I was but the Midi stops playing.. I used that guys tutorial you mentioned and it's just kinda' confusing to me.

4. When I downloaded the game, a section of it.. the graveyard.. already has rain and stuff.. do I have to do something totally diferent to get it on another spot?

but yeah, thanks alot :D

Joe123
07-08-2007, 04:52 PM
right ok then.

3. Make sure you've set up the warp properly.
You need to have a combo with a 'Stairs' or 'Cave up/down' attribute set to it on the screen you're entering the dungeon from.
You then need to go to the 'Tile Warp' for that screen, which you access by pressing 'F10'.
The Tile Warp needs to be set to either an 'Insta-warp with Blackout' type warp or an 'Entrance/Exit' type warp
The Coordinates for the warp need to be set correctly in the room you're warping to - make sure this is correct in alignment with the slider in the dungeon's Dmap also
And set the blue square for the warp return point on both the dungeon screen and next to the entrance on the Overworld screen. Also set the green square on the dungeon in the same place.

4. Did you go on that section on the layer bit in I Don't Know's tutorial? Learn how to use layers, then make a layer 5 or 6 on the screen you want rain on. Scroll down the combo list till you find a combo that looks like rain, and stick it on that layer, and that's about it.

5. This is possible, but in earlier versions it's a little restricted. To do that, you need to use a separate Dmap for each MIDI. You'd then use a side warp to warp from the Dmap with the first MIDI to the Dmap with the new MIDI. In newer betas, you can have multiple side warps on each screen, so this is a lot less restricted.

6. To make different caves, you make all your interiors for your houses on a separate map, on a normal screen (rather than 80), as you would make any Overworld or Dungeon screen. You then put it on a Dungeon Dmap, and warp to it on the way outlined in '3', but using the 'Insta-warp with Blackout' warp type. You must also make sure to set the Dmap the interiors are on a level number higher than 0. You then set the Guy and String as you would usually for each interior screen.

7. Likely what you did here was to press a number key. This changes the screen's palette to a different set of Csets 2,3 and 4 to what's on the normal Overworld palette. This is determined by the number you pressed. If you go to the Dmap that that screen is on, and go to the 'Appearance' tab, you can see the level palettes in your tileset. Changing the level palette here will actually set the level palette during playing, while assigning a number to it whilst viewing the screen, as you did, will only change it for view while in the editor. If you need to access a palette for a number higher than 9, press 'F4' and type in the corresponding number shown in the 'appearance' tab.

8. What version of ZC are you using? Roc's feather I believe was implemented in ZC 2.11 Beta 16 (although I may be wrong). Basically, if you use a newer, beta version of ZC you can get access to that and lots of new features, but they're more unstable.

Extractor
07-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Ok, thanks alot!!

And the Roc's Feather thing.. The highest version of ZC I saw up for downloads was 2.10 so..

Gleeok
07-09-2007, 08:31 AM
5. get a midi (check out vgmusic or midishrine) then load it into your quest and finally set to dmap.

7. If you changed the pallete colors manually just import .zpl (pallete)of what you want. (you have to export a default .zpl first)

9. www.shardstorm.com *WARNING* these can be buggy- not recommended for active questmaking if you have not had experience with these, maybe just check out the new stuff and upgrade when a stable release comes out. It's up to you though.

Extractor
07-09-2007, 03:08 PM
Ooh, ok thanks, and the midi thing I can get one song to play I was talking about having like different dmaps so different areas could play others which I can probably work with after I finish my first area.

The pallete things.. that kinda' confused me.
I pressed one of the number keys and changed the color of the pallete in the editor..
It isn't a big deal since it isn't like that in game but I'd like to change back to normal in the editor.

and ok thanks, I'll probably stick with 2.10 for this quest
maybe a sequel can use the newer version when it's out

The_Amaster
07-09-2007, 05:18 PM
To reset your pallete to the base one, press 0.

As for NPC's, you can get certain tiles for them and then place those tiles on layer one. They won't move, and getting them to say anything is complicated, so I won't explain unless you ask. As for giving items, well, do you mean like, talking to a guy and he just gives you an item? Because that can't be done. But you can place them manually with the rupee icon.

Extractor
07-09-2007, 05:57 PM
I had tried 0 but I just realized why everything is funky colored.. things are different looking wtih a dark-rain like effect.

bigjoe
07-09-2007, 09:03 PM
10 - How can I get NPCs that are unable to be attacked in places?
Like just people walking around that you can't harm.
I've seen them on alot of other quests by people..
And also is there a way to get people to like appear and give you items and such without being in a cave-thing?
There are two ways to acheive this. An easy way, and a hard way.

Easy Way: Use Layers to place combos using sprite palletes, they will animate as you set them. Simple NPCs are made this way.

Hard Way: Learn ZScript and make a Freeform Combo that behaves in a manner that you need. That's beyond me, though.

Extractor
07-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Ok, thanks.. the only problem is I haven't learned much about combos yet =X
Not sure what they are exactly.. haven't had to use them..

Unless a combo is when you have like rain and land in one thing..

The_Amaster
07-09-2007, 10:11 PM
A combo is what you draw on your screens with. People often mistakenly call them tiles, but tiles are just the graphic. A combo has how solid it is as well as any other data, such as it being a water combo, or a cave entrance combo, or a bush combo.

Extractor
07-09-2007, 10:41 PM
Ooh, okee.

Still don't got a clue what BigJoe is talking about then.

The_Amaster
07-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Most people tiles are surrounded by pink color. If you just place them, the pink will show up, but if you do it on layer one, it will be transparent. IDK's tutorial, located in a sticky thread near the top of this forum, can tell you about layers.

Extractor
07-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Yeah I know how to do that.. with some tiles that have black surrounding them I can place on a layer and have the black replaced by an actual grass tile or something..

Majora
07-10-2007, 04:40 PM
Alphadawgs Tutorial (http://www.ermock.com/zctutorial/)

Idontknow's Tutorial (http://www.geocities.com/idontknowtutorial/contents.html?1048292445858)

LinktheMaster's Tutorial (PureZC) (http://filespace.org/LinktheMaster/EZQT.exe)

That should help ;)

Also, MIDI's are saved with the quest file, MP3's are not. And an MP3 has to be in the same folder as the quest for it to play.

Extractor
07-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Ooh, so if I were to distribute the quest no one would have those songs playing during gameplay?

And I've seen two of those tuts, doesn't really help my current problems.. I'll look at LinktheMasters though.

AmazingAmpharos
07-10-2007, 07:51 PM
As far as I can tell, there's no way to send the player to screens 82-87 (I've tried, and it always ended badly). Three Stair Warps and Passageways use screen 81, and all other things like that use screen 80. The screen destination is impossible to change as are the Keese that appear in dungeon special item rooms and passageways (you could edit the Keese in the enemy editor, but I offer no promises of positive results if you try to make them into something other than Keese). If you want to have multiple rooms like that (like a cave and a house interior), just warp the player to another map with a screen that looks like what you want. Using the "No Link marker on minimap" screen flag can help create the illusion.

Extractor
07-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Ok, thanks.
I guess I'll use a tile warp to a spot in another d-map rather then screens 82-87.

Plissken
07-11-2007, 06:12 PM
10. People just use combos that look like people. In order for them to talk you either have to have insta warps around them to a look alike screen where you have a string going. Or you could use pkmnfrk's new script to make it so that if you press A while facing them they'll say the string you designate. To find that go to his sign post thread in the Script Showcase forum.