PDA

View Full Version : Conquest Of Sarpadia?

patrickab7
07-07-2007, 03:08 PM
I checked out the demo of Alphadawg's remake of the Unofficial Third Quest...was this quest ever completed?

-PB

Luigi
07-07-2007, 03:38 PM
I don't think it was - a shame really, it would have made a great quest. :(

Sam Atoms
07-08-2007, 02:56 AM
Man.... it really opened my eyes to see this thread here. I've been wondering about this very quest for years. I don't know if Conquest of Sarpadia was ever finalized (like, gamma version) but I do remember AlphaDawg was asking for beta testers back in Mar. of 2003. I wanted to beta test, and you know, I would have, but I was too busy because I was TA'ing a physical chemistry lab. Now I wish I hadn't let the opportunity go and if AlphaDawg were to ever so much as poke his nose back in here, I would drag the ruddy thing out of him. I have a hunch he isn't gone for good...... he has to come back sooner or later....... everyone does....... and then we'll get to the bottom.

DarkFlameWolf
07-08-2007, 08:35 AM
I could always remake it. j/k
Nah...I'm not even remotely familiar with what he did with it and I'm not really interested in doing another quest at the moment unless its something totally unique at this point. But shame he never did remake it.

patrickab7
07-08-2007, 03:07 PM
It's basically the Unofficial Third Quest remade with Zelda 2 sprites and a few minor differences(plus mini-dungeons to get the white and magic swords). You can get through six levels in the demo, but unmovable rocks block the path to Level 7 in Turtle Rock. I played U3Q on the most recent version of ZC so I wasn't able to do anything with the bonus dungeon or flippers or master sword or anything like that.

Sam Atoms
03-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Bumped, since the creator has at length returned.

I want Sarpadia. I would be willing to beta-test unofficially on a semi-regular basis. But if that isn't enough then I understand.

Russ
03-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Talk about a major bumb. So, AlphaDawg, want to share anything with us about this quest?

AlphaDawg
03-13-2008, 07:10 PM
It's coming... I'm finishing my final run-through now. Testing has become much easier thanks to quest reports and preview mode. After I'm done the run-through I'm going to bang out a quick readme and all will be set to go!

Those who have played only the preview (or even the beta I sent out to testers a while back)... you have no idea what you're in for! I've changed the quest so much since then.

Pineconn
03-13-2008, 07:28 PM
Oh man, you've actually successfully hyped me up for this. As soon as you submit it, wait at most a few hours and it'll be added to the database. Finally, a new quest!

...Still waiting for Russ to un-steal my avatar...

The_Amaster
03-13-2008, 09:19 PM
I must admit, a quest from the great AD. I'm looking forward to this.

Dang, I thought that was Pineconn three posts above...

AlphaDawg
03-13-2008, 10:00 PM
Testing is complete! I just have to type up a readme and secure some online storage (hell, maybe I'll re-register casadealphadawg.com) and all will be good to go!

DarkFlameWolf
03-13-2008, 11:17 PM
post screenies! *excited*

AlphaDawg
03-14-2008, 12:29 AM
Conquest of Sarpadia is here at last and it has been submitted to the Quest DB. If you can't wait until it goes up you can click the links in my signature to get it. Have fun! I highly recommend the enhanced soundtrack.

Russ
03-14-2008, 12:32 AM
Awesome! I can't wait to start playing!

Gleeok
03-14-2008, 12:57 AM
Alright, I've officially added the latest quest by AlphaDawg to the Database! Now start downloading at will people!

PS- *crosses fingers and hopes that the quest was last tested in 758. 'cause that's what I put as the zc version*

AlphaDawg
03-14-2008, 05:15 AM
PS- *crosses fingers and hopes that the quest was last tested in 758. 'cause that's what I put as the zc version*Whoops, my bad. I did use that build for testing. All is well.

Sam Atoms
03-14-2008, 06:40 PM
zomfg u fulfild the dream ive been holding 4 years i dont no wot i can do two reward u u r teh roxxor

Russ
03-14-2008, 07:14 PM
Well, I just started playing. The graphics look very nice. I am somewhat upset because a certain bug is messing up all the music in the game after I enter the grasslands, but I can manage without.

patrickab7
03-15-2008, 03:26 AM
Outstanding...wasn't sure if I'd see the day where Sarpadia was completed, but many thanks to AD for bringing the goods!

EDIT: Mental note: README files are good.

EDIT2: No L6 compass?

jambo
03-15-2008, 09:38 PM
This is a great quest. I like the old school feel and playability. I am using the music pack too. It plays really solid, but I did manage to get stuck on the raft if I leaned the wrong direction when my raft landed on regular ground.

Heading to level 7

AlphaDawg
03-16-2008, 02:13 AM
I am somewhat upset because a certain bug is messing up all the music in the game after I enter the grasslands, but I can manage without.Ah, so it's a bug with the program that causes the midis to sound like crap? I thought it was with my computer. That's the main reason I decided to include an enhanced soundtrack.

EDIT2: No L6 compass?Nope, no compass in Level 6. Level 6 is actually a Cave DMap, and as far as I know, compasses still don't work in them.

It plays really solid, but I did manage to get stuck on the raft if I leaned the wrong direction when my raft landed on regular ground.Do you mean stuck as to where you had to fast quit to continue playing? If so I'll take a look at it.

dafeedil
03-16-2008, 09:17 AM
So far a very fun game. I just finished level 1 and wonder if I missed the boomerang?

bobrocks95
03-16-2008, 10:59 AM
It plays really solid, but I did manage to get stuck on the raft if I leaned the wrong direction when my raft landed on regular ground.

Could that have been this?

Fixed the bug where the 'Use Old-Style Warp Detection' rule interfered with the Raft flag.

jambo
03-16-2008, 12:38 PM
Do you mean stuck as to where you had to fast quit to continue playing? If so I'll take a look at it.

Yes on the first raft trip to level 6 i held down when i landed and had to fast quit.

And inside level 6 the first raft trip that you can choose a direction if i land on the east shore and press left i get stuck too

that's all i've found so far and i have a habit of falling into these things :spin:

patrickab7
03-17-2008, 03:15 AM
*fights his way through Volrath's Dungeon*

*sees pricetag of item at end*

*primal scream*

gekos
03-18-2008, 08:04 AM
Where is level 2?

Edit: Never mind I found it. The tree looks like a red rock

AlphaDawg
03-18-2008, 04:13 PM
So far a very fun game. I just finished level 1 and wonder if I missed the boomerang?Yeah, the boomerang can be found at the top of Level 1. Bomb north after you come out of the first passageway.

*fights his way through Volrath's Dungeon*

*sees pricetag of item at end*

*primal scream*Obviously you'll need a bigger wallet to buy the lens. It's in the dungeon at the end of the "unexplored" area of Femeref Caverns.

patrickab7
03-21-2008, 12:09 AM
OK, almost done with this quest...just to make sure all the headaches were warranted, I will simply ask if the third ring is in this quest...

AlphaDawg
03-21-2008, 12:15 AM
OK, almost done with this quest...just to make sure all the headaches were warranted, I will simply ask if the third ring is in this quest...Yeah, it's hidden in the Caves of Phyrexia. If by chance you found a random super bomb in the caves, you're not far away. Use the Lens if you got it.

patrickab7
03-21-2008, 01:22 AM
Thanks...that probably would have saved me several messy demises in the tower...

Would have gotten there sooner, but I honestly had to start over...I had gone on to Phyrexia sans biggest wallet(thinking it was further in the game) and had no way to buy the gold arrows...

sctmorgan
03-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Okay I need help. Can someone help me find level 3?

AlphaDawg
03-21-2008, 02:03 PM
Okay I need help. Can someone help me find level 3?"There is a secret at Tawnos's Coffin."

Use the items you found in Level 2.

patrickab7
03-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Let me just say that there's no worse feeling than climbing all the way up that tower, making my way to the final boss, WINNING, and then getting knocked into a pit by a stray fireball and having to start over.

Crackers
03-23-2008, 07:45 PM
I'm really having a hard time in lv6. All those wizrobes and fireballs and water. I never seem to get too far before I die. Any helpful tips would be appreciated. :(

The_Amaster
03-23-2008, 10:18 PM
*downloads for the first time*
Wait, wait, wait...
Volrath? Llanowar? Phyrexia?
Let me guess: that "Arena" is run by the Cabal.
*falls over in fan-boy glee*

I just have one question: where does Urza fit into all this?

ms_zelda_lady
03-23-2008, 11:09 PM
Really fun quest AlphaDawg. Just started playing it and have done the first level and played part of the second one. I have enough hearts to get the white sword and I 've been looking around for it but can't find it. The readme says its available before level 2There's a grave I can't push and I got the clue about the power bracelet but the enemies are too hard in the swamp. Just getting to that dungeon is hard enough! So where's the sword?
Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

elise
03-24-2008, 08:00 AM
it's left on the beach :)

ms_zelda_lady
03-24-2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks elise I got it.

Crackers
03-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Any advice or help for getting through lv6?

radder1
03-24-2008, 11:28 AM
I have the glove, but I can't find level 5. What am I missing?

elise
03-24-2008, 03:38 PM
got a message in level 4 about the forrest maze , thats a walk around the beach to the west side ........but I am still in level 4 so don't know if you find level 5 there I thought you needed the raft there , if you have the raft go and see ;)

AlphaDawg
03-24-2008, 04:49 PM
Let me just say that there's no worse feeling than climbing all the way up that tower, making my way to the final boss, WINNING, and then getting knocked into a pit by a stray fireball and having to start over.I feel 'ya... I actually removed a lot of pitfalls from the last level. I was getting pissed at my own quest while testing it. And I was using cheat codes! But I had to leave that last one, it just didn't feel right without it... :naughty:

On a side note, did you find the battle axe (fire boomerang)? It makes the climb a lot easier.

I'm really having a hard time in lv6. All those wizrobes and fireballs and water. I never seem to get too far before I die. Any helpful tips would be appreciated. :(For starters, do you have 12 hearts and the magic sword? As for the rooms with blue Darknuts, I've found it best to stand on the ladder at the bottom of the screen and just slash away. That way all the enemies and statue fire come to you. As you probably know blue Darknuts like to drop hearts and faeries so you may actually net some life that way. Blue Wizzrobes are a bitch, there's no easy way to beat them. Hold Up on every raft path to get where you need to go. Arrows are your best friend in the rooms with Zoras and Peahats.

*downloads for the first time*
Wait, wait, wait...
Volrath? Llanowar? Phyrexia?
Let me guess: that "Arena" is run by the Cabal.
*falls over in fan-boy glee*

I just have one question: where does Urza fit into all this?Not much, the main villain is Volrath (played very convincingly by Ganon). Honestly in this quest the Magic references don't go far beyond place names and a couple of the items. My next quest will probably expand on that a bit. I find the current Lorwyn story very interesting...

I have the glove, but I can't find level 5. What am I missing?You have to solve the Forest of Maze on the west side of the beach. Whistle to get the devil out of your way a la Zelda 2. I unintentionally intentionally made the Forest of Maze easier this time... press the Map button if you get stuck...

The_Amaster
03-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Oooh, Lorwyn/Shadowmoor dual-world...
That would be awesome.
You even get a green elf as your hero.

patrickab7
03-24-2008, 06:58 PM
I feel 'ya... I actually removed a lot of pitfalls from the last level. I was getting pissed at my own quest while testing it. And I was using cheat codes! But I had to leave that last one, it just didn't feel right without it... :naughty:

On a side note, did you find the battle axe (fire boomerang)? It makes the climb a lot easier.

I did find the battle axe...that helped a lot. So did the third ring...I actually made it all the way to the final boss w/o the ring, though I had used up both potions and most of my hearts to get to that point...at which point I hit the pitfall. *headdesk*

Sam Atoms
03-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Well, this is as good as I thought it would be. I'm done through level 3 and I have the white sword and the "trophy".

However, I found a bug. If you go into and out of a cave several times in succession, the game will sometimes crash. This could cause trouble when gambling, or buying multiple individual hearts in the swamp shop.

elise
03-25-2008, 08:32 AM
I think it's just a random beta bug I had it crashed one time just going from one screen to the other , I have done it since then maybe hundred times and it didn't crash :shrug:
In level 4 it would be nice if in the first screen has a blue bubble , if you die when you walked into a red one it's very hard to get back , in level 5 you can get stuck in screens when you don't have any magic left to burn the next path open :shrug:

AlphaDawg
03-25-2008, 01:14 PM
That's funny hearing about these crashes, Build 758 has not crashed for me even once. And I even have Windows Vista!

/me crosses fingers, knocks on wood... oh shoot, a black cat just ran by me! It's over...

Anyway... I have it where you can use a potion to get your sword back. I made a conscious effort to remove as many of the traps as possible. I hate being forced to fast-quit merely to continue playing.

jackzero
03-27-2008, 12:46 AM
it's a very good and fun quest altho that i already play the U3Q before, but now i cant find the flipper and master sword, and im wondering if there is a fire boomerang in this quest?

jambo
03-27-2008, 02:21 AM
Where is the battle axe? Did I miss it in Volraths Stronghold or Armory? I hope it is not past the death knight in the gateway to Phyrexia dungeon.

AlphaDawg
03-27-2008, 02:40 PM
it's a very good and fun quest altho that i already play the U3Q before, but now i cant find the flipper and master sword, and im wondering if there is a fire boomerang in this quest?The Boots (flippers) are in Vodalian Shrine, located somewhere in Eladamri Forest. Somebody inside the Shrine will give you a hint as to the location of the Sword of the Ages (master sword). You need all 16 hearts to be able to pick it up.

Where is the battle axe? Did I miss it in Volraths Stronghold or Armory? I hope it is not past the death knight in the gateway to Phyrexia dungeon.The battle axe (fire boomerang) is in Phyrexia. An old man will give you a clue as to its location. Regarding the Death Knight in the Gate to Phyrexia, use the blocks in the room to your advantage. Let him chase you around the room (turning back to block his swords obviously) and stab away when he's one row above you.

sctmorgan
03-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Can you give me a hint on the location of Phyrexia? I need the fire boomerang also.

SpiffZelda
03-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Can someone help with Level 7? I can get to the room at the bottom right with the target across the lava but it seems like nothing I have works to allow me to the other side. I have the wand but not the book. What do I need to trigger the target so i can get to the other side and where is that item?

KavinPulsar
03-29-2008, 12:00 PM
I have the same problem as SpiffZelda. I am in Level 7; I got the wand, but I can't access the right side of the M because of the lava pool. The target doesn't trigger when I shoot it with an arrow or the wand or the bommerang or my sword burst (at full health). How do I get to the other side?

AlphaDawg
03-29-2008, 01:12 PM
Can you give me a hint on the location of Phyrexia? I need the fire boomerang also.Phyrexia, its caves and the Tower are the last areas of the game. You can only get there after you get to the end of Level 9 (Volrath's Stronghold).

Can someone help with Level 7? I can get to the room at the bottom right with the target across the lava but it seems like nothing I have works to allow me to the other side. I have the wand but not the book. What do I need to trigger the target so i can get to the other side and where is that item?You need the wand and the book. The book is in Level 4. As was the case with the Raft in the second quest, you can only get it after defeating the dungeon boss. Look for a walk-through wall in the Triforce room.

radder1
03-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Are there any items in level 6? I got some superbombs and now don't know where to get to level 7.

KavinPulsar
03-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Thanks a lot for the help with the book :):)

I made it pretty far, but am stumped again :(
I beat level 8, I got the boots and the 2nd pouch... Where is level 9?

jambo
03-29-2008, 11:41 PM
Wazzupp AlphaDawg! finally found time to get back to it. i had to search and find the one missing heart piece i left in Tawnos Coffin. then i was able to get the master sword. it was the best way to get through the Gate to Phyrexia. i finished up after getting all of the other goodies. thanks for making this quest! at first i thought i was going to breeze through relatively easy, but i found that i really had to recall older areas whenever i got a new item. the music was on the money. the story was good too. i wasn't sure it was going to end even after i saw zelda! keep at 'em

KavinPulsar
03-30-2008, 12:46 AM
Ah, nevermind. I figured it out! I forgot what the doggie said in the Cavern.

sctmorgan
03-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Thanks AlphaDawg, I found Phyrexia but sorry to say I have given up on your quest. The Dark Knight is far to hard to defeat. After I saved the game, I was hoping to start at the area where the Dark Knight was not at the beginning of the level 9. I've tried my 3 super bombs and refilled 3 times still can't beat the bugger.

Great game just to hard for me at the end.
Also, on a further note, is the red sword the master sword? I have 15 hearts and the red ring but still no success in defeating that Dark Knight.

Another note, I noticed that the fire boomerang is in Phyrexia, is it past the Dark Knight? It would help me in defeating him.

KavinPulsar
03-30-2008, 05:05 PM
I have the same problem with the Dark Knight in the Gate! I spend most of my time weaving in and out, trying to avoid him. The few shots I get off, don't seem to be enough :( I have fifteen hearts, and 3/4th a heart container. Just missing that last piece. I figure you designed this Dark Knight battle to need the Sword of the Ages. Could you please tell me where the very last heart container is? I searched everywhere with the lens - every level, every board tile, every dungeon. I figure it is somewhere in this Stronghold (cross my fingers, that it is not AFTER the knight...)

AlphaDawg
03-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Are there any items in level 6? I got some superbombs and now don't know where to get to level 7.The super bomb is the only item in Level 6. You need it to blow away a big rock blocking the entrance to Level 7. Take the three-stair warp to Forsaken Wastes to get started on your way.

I have the same problem with the Dark Knight in the Gate! I spend most of my time weaving in and out, trying to avoid him. The few shots I get off, don't seem to be enough :( I have fifteen hearts, and 3/4th a heart container. Just missing that last piece. I figure you designed this Dark Knight battle to need the Sword of the Ages. Could you please tell me where the very last heart container is? I searched everywhere with the lens - every level, every board tile, every dungeon. I figure it is somewhere in this Stronghold (cross my fingers, that it is not AFTER the knight...)You can have 16 hearts and the Sword of the Ages before ever setting foot in Volrath's Stronghold... so yes, you can have it in time to take on that Death Knight! I plan to create a proper website for Sarpadia in the next few days which will have an extensive FAQ among other things. In the meantime, I'll go ahead and take snapshots of all the heart piece locations and put them on my Photobucket... I'll post here once they're up.

elise
03-30-2008, 07:02 PM
In Volraths armory if you end up infront of the bossroom without a key I don't think you can go back without pressing quite continue or you have to let some statues kill you :shrug:
and I keep forgetting where you can find the medicine woman ;)

jambo
03-30-2008, 08:17 PM
Elise, go one screen south of the entrance of Volraths Armory and blow the whistle ;)

AlphaDawg
03-30-2008, 08:33 PM
OK, the heart piece guide is up. You can check it out by clicking here (http://s268.photobucket.com/albums/jj7/KingSquee/Zelda%20Classic/Sarpadia%20Heart%20Pieces). If you collect them in the order specified you can have the White Sword before Level 2, the Magic Sword before Level 6, and the Sword of the Ages (Master Sword) before Level 9. (After beating Level 8 go immediately to Vodalian Shrine to get the Boots then on to Volrath's Treasury to get the sword.)

In Volraths armory if you end up infront of the bossroom without a key I don't think you can go back without pressing quite continue or you have to let some statues kill you :shrug:By then I'm hoping the player will have found the Magic Key so it wouldn't be a problem. (Level 8 has one more locked door than regular keys.) That said, you can let the Armos kill you or, if you didn't kill all the Wall Masters in the previous room, you can let one of them grab you.

SpiffZelda
03-31-2008, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the help on the book. I'm entering Level 8 now, but I don't have the blue ring yet. Should I already have gotten it? If so, can anyone give me a hint where it is?

patrickab7
03-31-2008, 03:19 PM
Wow...amazing that you got that far without the blue ring!

Anywho, it's in the area between Levels 1 and 3...burn a rather conspicuous tree. You'll need the wallet upgrade from Level 3 to afford it since it costs 300 rupees.

radder1
03-31-2008, 07:20 PM
I got to the maze just before level 7 and don't know the directions. Where might I find the directions to the maze?

elise
03-31-2008, 07:28 PM
I send you a PM Radder 1

@ Jambo thanks you saved my day :)

@ Alpha Dawg
By then I'm hoping the player will have found the Magic Key so it wouldn't be a problem.
there always will be blonds like me who don't have the masterkey :)

KavinPulsar
03-31-2008, 09:11 PM
Thank you very much Alpha Dawg. Your map of the hearts gave me the final piece. I am ashamed to admit, after hours of combing every hole, I missed Heart Piece 3 in the very first dungeon :(

With the Sword of the Ages, it took only 4 strikes to slay the Death Knight - he was a pushover :) I still am amazed at how easy the game is now - blue knights & centuars die with one strike, blue wizzards only need two strikes!

DeVon
04-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Gotten to the stronghold but need the magic key and red ring
any hints?

ms_zelda_lady
04-05-2008, 02:16 PM
I'm looking for the bridge. I've done the first 3 levels and haven't found it.
Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_lady

patrickab7
04-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Red Ring is in Level 9. Magic Key is in 8.

AlphaDawg
04-06-2008, 04:19 PM
I'm looking for the bridge. I've done the first 3 levels and haven't found it.
Thanks in advance,
ms_zelda_ladyWhat do you mean by "the bridge?" Assuming you mean the stepladder, it's in Level 4.

Sam Atoms
04-16-2008, 05:33 AM
Well, I'd managed to retain more than I thought I would from the old UTQ, and that has come in useful. I'm now finished through Level 7 and I was reminded of how quests used to be designed in the old days, with lots of nasty traps near the end of a dungeon that would warp you back to the beginning of the level. Can be annoying, especially when you have to decide which of two passageways takes you back to square one and which takes you to the boss room. I've also done the shrine with the magical sword, without which level 7 would have been impossible.

What's more annoying than the traps is that I've had more crash problems, most of them involving dungeon entrance rooms. It crashed twice when I'd gotten killed in level 6 and was moving from the entrance to the next room, once on the way out of the Balduvian Temple(!) and once on the way into the Caverns of Despair. I've noticed that before it's about to crash, it hitches or flickers slightly when I go between screens. I'm wondering if there's some kind of memory leak in the 758 beta build, or if I'm somehow not having Windows allocate enough memory to ZC and it requires more than previous versions of the program.

radder1
04-19-2008, 08:41 PM
I can't find the master key in level 8. Can someone please help.

patrickab7
04-20-2008, 03:21 PM
Just because A leads to B doesn't mean B leads to A...

Sam Atoms
04-21-2008, 04:47 PM
OK, I'm in Volrath's Gardens and I've gotten to the place where there are two dead-end clearings side-by-side and surrounded by forest, but I don't know how to go further.

BTW, how about those Sixers?

AlphaDawg
04-22-2008, 06:43 PM
... I was reminded of how quests used to be designed in the old days, with lots of nasty traps near the end of a dungeon that would warp you back to the beginning of the level.The simplest passageway to find is usually the wrong one.

Just because A leads to B doesn't mean B leads to A...Couldn't have said it better myself!

OK, I'm in Volrath's Gardens and I've gotten to the place where there are two dead-end clearings side-by-side and surrounded by forest, but I don't know how to go further.

BTW, how about those Sixers?Stealing Game 1 on the enemy's court is always nice.

Anyway, on to your question, "the hedges in Volrath's Gardens could use a little trimming."

On both of the screens you mentioned, slash away until you can slash no more. Burn the trees at the dead-ends.

One of those screens hides the entrance to Level 8, while the other screen hides the Mana Flare (1/2 magic upgrade).

patrickab7
06-18-2008, 05:41 PM
Need to download the enhanced soundtrack...the old link in AD's sig doesn't work any more. Can someone hook me up? Thanks!

Wolfman2000
06-29-2008, 02:03 PM
patrickab7: the link in AD's sig works for me now.

Alphadawg: I know you said that you recommend only playing your quest on a specific build, but I have to admit I didn't...mainly because I'm on a Mac. I'm using what is roughly build 828. I've gotten past Level 6, and I'm right now stuck on Serra Lake. I am well aware of the hint the stranded guy on the island is mentioning. However, even with that hint, I go the proper direction, only to come back to that island screen...and get beached. I don't go around or anything.

I believe there is a simple fix: don't rely on raft path turning at the edges of the screen. Is there a way you can update the quest so that this part is completable?

AlphaDawg
06-29-2008, 02:55 PM
patrickab7: the link in AD's sig works for me now.

Alphadawg: I know you said that you recommend only playing your quest on a specific build, but I have to admit I didn't...mainly because I'm on a Mac. I'm using what is roughly build 828. I've gotten past Level 6, and I'm right now stuck on Serra Lake. I am well aware of the hint the stranded guy on the island is mentioning. However, even with that hint, I go the proper direction, only to come back to that island screen...and get beached. I don't go around or anything.

I believe there is a simple fix: don't rely on raft path turning at the edges of the screen. Is there a way you can update the quest so that this part is completable?The links in my signature now point to files on my own website, so they'll be much more reliable.

The fork in the raft path is not on the edge of the screen... you should be OK. I've played Sarpadia with Windows builds as late as 798 and it's been fine. That said, I may release a small, optional update shortly. As it is now it's not possible to return to Sarpadia from Phyrexia, and I'd like to change that.

http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj7/KingSquee/Zelda%20Classic/serralakeraftpath.png

I finished Sarpadia using Build 758 because it was the most recent one available at the time. I would have finished it with 2.10 but several bugs I found unacceptable four years ago were still around, such as DMap intro strings freezing Link.

Wolfman2000
06-29-2008, 04:16 PM
I know to turn left at the junction. That isn't the problem area.

When you turn left, you go on the upper path. Then, the screen transitions to the right. You start on a Water tile, and to the right of that is a Land tile.

I assume the raft path is supposed to curve up and around the island. It doesn't do that. Instead, you raft one more extra tile to the right...and effectively, get beached.

Does that make more sense?

AlphaDawg
06-29-2008, 05:25 PM
Gotcha. I'll have to take a look at that with the latest Windows build.

AlphaDawg
06-29-2008, 08:28 PM
OK, I just fixed it using Windows build 819. The updated file is available via the link in my signature.

It's an optional update if you're using Build 758 to play the quest. I also made it so that you can return to Sarpadia through the Gate to Phyrexia if needed (i.e. I opened the 1-way shutter in Zelda's room).

Now to check the status of this ZC bug (not with the quest, as it has worked previously) over in the Beta forums...

Wolfman2000
06-29-2008, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the quest fix. I'm now past "Albaquerkie" (or however you spell it). Seriously, you should have kept that old clue. :P

...and now, I've hit the Lost [Whatever]. Time to gather money and find the guy that will give me the answer...

Wolfman2000
06-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Well, if others can double post...

...alright, you've got me dead to rights. Femeref Caverns is leaving me stuck. I do have access to one good ste---err, I mean, deal...but it's...not fully helping. I have no freakin' clue how to get out near the northern end. Any hints?

AlphaDawg
07-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Defeat all the blue Wizzrobes to make a bridge appear across the river. Then go up, left, and bomb the upper-left wall to proceed.

Wolfman2000
07-01-2008, 10:24 PM
I figured that out after some dinner, and I was able to explore and find a lot. I even was able to find a bigger wallet and the Sword of Ages.

However...now I need to find this Arena. The only hint I got was the Armory. Is there more water I haven't found in that place, or some other hint I could use?

AlphaDawg
07-01-2008, 11:42 PM
There is a rear exit somewhere in Volrath's Armory that will take you to the Arena.

Wolfman2000
08-22-2008, 12:38 AM
For some reason, I had trouble finding that Arena entrance until a few days ago. Now that I explored it...I've hit another possible game breaker.

In Phyrexia, I cheated past a Boots section to take a raft path. I got stuck on a corner tile of an island where a Gleeok 2 was waiting. Luckily, I had the Lens this time, so I could see the raft paths...and I saw the same issue that I did with Albuquerque Isle: can't turn on raft paths that border the edge. Since the island shape is so important, is there a way to modify the raft path so that said turning on the edge doesn't take place?

PS: I have a strange feeling I missed the Red Ring in the Stronghold...is it below the rear exit? Is there a gold ring I can run into in Phyrexia instead? Is there some easier way I'm not aware of to deal with Death Knights? They keep on shooting swords every time the previous one goes away.

vravelo
08-22-2008, 03:15 AM
It's coming... I'm finishing my final run-through now. Testing has become much easier thanks to quest reports and preview mode. After I'm done the run-through I'm going to bang out a quick readme and all will be set to go!

Those who have played only the preview (or even the beta I sent out to testers a while back)... you have no idea what you're in for! I've changed the quest so much since then.
AlphaDawg -- is hard to get in touch with you -- recently I was playing you unofficial third quest and need to know where is the magic book -- I tried to install ICO to communicate with you, but is no supported by my system
you can email me to [email protected]

Wolfman2000
08-22-2008, 11:22 AM
The magic book...I vaguely remember this one.

I will quote Cranky Kong: "The end is NOT the end."

vravelo
08-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks WolfMan200 -- I'll appreciated you gestion...??!

vravelo
08-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Yes I'm playing sarpadia with the new version 2.5
But I still need to complete the __ unofficial 3 quest __ by Alphadawg
and I'm stock since can't find the magic book to use with the wand"""
this quest was revamped and is not the same as used to be long ago
Hope .. Alpha"" show up and give a hand on this -- thanks:D

Wolfman2000
08-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Both Unofficial 3rd Quest and Sarpadia have the Book in the same location.

Here is another hint. Remember the 2nd quest.

Can you put this hint and the previous one I gave together?

vravelo
08-23-2008, 09:36 PM
Both Unofficial 3rd Quest and Sarpadia have the Book in the same location.

Here is another hint. Remember the 2nd quest.

Can you put this hint and the previous one I gave together?
Wolfman2000 thank a bunch for ur hint,, but man! you are cracking my head with riddles !
I know you don't want make to easy for me, but remember this is an old quest
and entitle me to get an straight answer, I means a direct finger point to the location
maybe you're disagree, but remember my formula,, hint=Tylenol=easy my head!
hey thanks buddy :D

Wolfman2000
08-23-2008, 10:41 PM
But straight answers ruin the fun!

...alright, slightly more direct hint. 4th level.

AlphaDawg
08-24-2008, 12:23 PM
Sigh, I guess I'll have to take a look at the quest in the latest build to fix the latest rafting break... :(

The Red Ring is in the Stronghold (Level 9). It's very well hidden, think of how you found the Magic Key in the Armory. Failing that, the Gold Ring is hidden somewhere in the Caves. It's not too hard to find with proper Lens use.

I'm done traveling the world (world = midwestern USA) for now, so I should be around more often. I haven't used ICQ in years. The easiest way to get ahold of me is on AIM. I use the same screen name I have for years, KingSquee. I'm usually signed on. I tend to walk away without putting an away message on, so if you don't get a response assume that is the case.

vravelo
08-24-2008, 07:17 PM
But straight answers ruin the fun!

...alright, slightly more direct hint. 4th level.

Wolfma2000 you are a hero for saving my game on this quest:D
My time was over - and I was about to drop
even with your help, it was unbelievable for me, to find the book at such a place ---
Man thank a million and I owe you one !!!!!
must time I try to connect with Alphadawg, since he give straight answer!!

vravelo
08-24-2008, 10:05 PM
Nut.....!!???!,,, this sarpadia game resemble "link adventures" (zelda 2)
I just notice today... everything in there equal to everything at link adventures
when entering the castle,, those flying horse heads,,, is amazing!!
on link adventures, at some villages at the basement, some wise old man
give some special power, like jump, fly, etc
I bought my Nintendo on 1987 and still got it, and Zelda and link adventures
where my favorite ones (despite super Mario bros, of course)
I hooked my nintendo to compare link with sarpadia, both,, "almost identical":eek:

firelight
08-29-2008, 10:09 PM
I read in this blog that the bigger wallet is in the "unexplored" area of Femeref Caverns. I've found the bomb shop and killed both draggons -- I've tried bombing / burning / pushing / walking through every wall and other object -- is there something I am missing? Thank you :-)

firelight
08-30-2008, 11:31 AM
Also I read that Alphadog had posted a map of the hearts and stuff but where is that map? Thank you

firelight
08-31-2008, 01:49 AM
Nevermind, I didn't realize I could go into the "flipper" dugeon without all 16 pieces of the heart, I would still like to see the map of the quest to find missing heart pieces if anyone knows of the location :-)

Wolfman2000
08-31-2008, 10:53 AM
I don't recall ever seeing a map of the heart pieces. I know he posted pictures of the screens that have the heart pieces, however. That post should be somewhere in this topic.

firelight
09-07-2008, 08:19 PM
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn132/flameofgrace/zelda004.jpg

I am having the same problem I saw someone else had, I am in the Phyrexia and I've begun to raft, unfortunately when I go around the island with the fire breathing gleeok I get stuck right as I turn. Anyone have any advice on this?

Also, where in the world is the third ring located in the 9th dungeon. I go do North and all I can find is a piece of bait. I've tried going backward through every staircase that I can find, but all ways seem to lead to no ring. Any suggestions. Thanks

firelight
09-11-2008, 01:19 AM
I solved my own delema. I downloaded the 2.5 ZC beta from the zeldaclassic website. With it I was able to get past the rafting delema and get all the needed items to go on with the game, then I transfered my game to a newer version of 2.5 ZC beta and all was well. As far as the red ring goes, I still can't figure it out, but don't care now, because I have the gold ring and the gold ring rocks, after having the blue ring for so long.

patrickab7
10-02-2008, 01:39 PM
Red Ring is in Level 9. It's another case of "just because A leads to B doesn't mean B leads to A".

When you take the passage that drops you one room below a hungry Goriya, beat the enemies and push a block to take the stairs in the room you arrived in. That'll land you in a different part of the dungeon where you can get the ring.

patrickab7
04-30-2009, 09:38 PM
AD, could you refresh the link to the enhanced soundtrack? Getting an error message when I try to unzip it...

KyleLink
09-29-2012, 06:38 PM
I've been studying this thread and I'm confused on what I am supposed to do. I can't find level 2, and there is a road block to the west of the swamp. I know for level 2 it is hidden in a tree? I don't know. Please help.

Malstygian
05-24-2013, 06:27 PM
Yeah, I second this, I can't find Level 2 either and I've visited every screen I can. I've found the white sword, the trophy, and the dungeon in the swamp, but I can't find Level 2!? I've burned every damn red and green thing in this thing and I can't find it!! Can someone tell me where in the blue hell it is!? Better yet, mark the attached map with an X where it is? I know there's four missing screens - 3 graveyard and the 3 trees with Lynels.http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/8650/zelda001h.png