PDA

View Full Version : James Quest - Level 8 Dungeon Help

FlyingYoshi
07-05-2007, 05:23 PM
Hey I can't seem to get past the door in this dungeon. Is my version bugged? Also it would be nice for me to use the search feature but apparently I am not privileged enough. Thx

Gleeok
07-05-2007, 09:01 PM
did you get the lens? can you be more specific? what door? what version are you using?

-also only mods,devs, paying users have search features.

FlyingYoshi
07-05-2007, 11:30 PM
I'm missing three items to the left of the heart piece spot. It's James Quest One and it's the room in dungeon 8 right below the top left corner room where you face the Gleeok boss. The bottom door closes as you fight him and when you kill him, neither the bottom door or the top door open. It also does not say a version.

Gleeok
07-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Sorry for the late reply but I don't have any descent answers for you right now regarding lv8. I can't remember.

-However there is a way. Get the bait, then use it in the castle to aquire the lens of truth. Return to lv8 and if no secrets appear it may or may not be a bug. Remember you can push blocks ONTO eachother also. I've made a room where you had to push a block like this. It's possible. Hopefully that should work.

Also version refers to ZC version as some newer ones have bugs. Good luck ;p

Luigi
07-09-2007, 10:04 AM
I'm missing three items to the left of the heart piece spot. It's James Quest One and it's the room in dungeon 8 right below the top left corner room where you face the Gleeok boss. The bottom door closes as you fight him and when you kill him, neither the bottom door or the top door open. It also does not say a version.

Push the top-left hand side block of the lower section of blocks onto either the block below it or the block to the right of it.

FlyingYoshi
07-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Wow, I could have sworn I tried that... thanks!

Gleeok
07-22-2007, 01:18 PM
OK, so here's the question:

*Level 5*
Map basically looks like a big circle.
From the entrance:
Left takes you to one locked door and then the bracelet.
Right takes you through the rest of the level, leading to the triforce. There are two locked doors in this path. along with two keys that I have found. But I seem to have missed the 1st key somewhere.(the one to get to the item)

Anyone remember where it's at?

EDIT: Found it. walk south through the wall in SW corner of tyhe map.

patrickab7
08-06-2007, 05:01 PM
After considerable effort, I made it to Level 8. I got the money bag, wand, and helmet(fka book). Also got the lens. However, the lens is showing me a staircase in a corner of a room. I blow the whistle in the upper-left corner on the different-looking tile and the tone plays, but nothing happens...

EDIT: Never mind, got past that room...

patrickab7
08-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Finally finished this quest...dunno if I missed two heart pieces or what because my final heart total was 21 with two pieces.

I don't think I'll play this quest again for a very long time...whew. :-D

Gleeok
08-07-2007, 05:36 AM
Huh, why not? Next you got to go through it without dying. :)Then, when your done with that you can play throught it as fast as you can. :D
...Then you try to beat it as fast as you can without dying! :cool: :lol:

Hmm...maybe not. Have you played JQ2 yet? ;p

Anyway, good job.

patrickab7
08-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Ehh, I'll probably play it again...though those gazillion-headed Gleeoks gave me some fits.

JQ2...um, just say "maybe".