PDA

View Full Version : And we're back!

phattonez
06-30-2007, 06:18 PM
AGN withdrawal is not a good thing. I'm glad that I can finally read and post here again.

SpykStorm
06-30-2007, 06:36 PM
Me too. I hate hackers.

mrz84
06-30-2007, 07:24 PM
AGN was hacked again? When?

SpykStorm
06-30-2007, 08:12 PM
About 2 days ago some Turkish hackers hacked AGN again, and AGN was down for a few days. Go here for details.http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29196

Prrkitty
06-30-2007, 08:22 PM
I was having SERIOUS withdrawals... and am very very happy to be back :)

MottZilla
06-30-2007, 08:56 PM
From what I've heard, that "Hacked" page has been there for awhile and was never removed. The recent troubles are just server/host related.

XMuppetSB
06-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Boy am I glad the forums are running again. I sure missed a lot when the forums wouldn't work...

About 2 days ago some Turkish hackers hacked AGN again, and AGN was down for a few days. Go here for details.http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=29196

Yeah, I heard about those Turkish bastards when I clicked the link to the hacked page I saw at PureZC. WHY WON'T THOSE DAMN TURKISH HACKERS GET A LIFE AND STOP HACKING AGN? :mad: Those guys at PureZC said AGN has been hacked many times in the past.

Nicholas Steel
06-30-2007, 09:08 PM
From what I've heard, that "Hacked" page has been there for awhile and was never removed. The recent troubles are just server/host related.

yes, its always been there imho, all that changed was what page we went to.

phattonez
06-30-2007, 09:26 PM
Well that would make sense since it was on the forums and on goKi's directory. Someone pulled off a pretty good one though at PZC.

ShadowTiger
06-30-2007, 10:50 PM
Well that would make sense since it was on the forums and on goKi's directory. Someone pulled off a pretty good one though at PZC.:odd: Were they hacked too? They've been fully functional the entire time AGN was down and then some. Been there myself.

phattonez
06-30-2007, 11:19 PM
No, I meant that the guy who said that AGN got hacked pulled off a good one.

The_Amaster
07-01-2007, 01:29 PM
This was the longest down-time in a while, though. I mean, usually we get back up in a few hours.

phattonez
07-04-2007, 01:41 AM
We keep going down and I know that it's keeping people away from the boards. I mean, look at the lack of activity that we've had. I know it's not the fault of anyone here, but it gets annoying. I don't know, but something has to be done fast.

Prrkitty
07-04-2007, 02:04 AM
Just be patient hon. For one thing it's summer... for another it's the 4th of July weekend... it's gonna be slow around here for awhile.

It'll pick up soon I'm sure.

Dechipher
07-04-2007, 03:09 AM
We say that every summer, and it's usually correct. However, last fall didn't yield the normal returns, and I doubt this one will either.

All the people who were younger "back in the day" are all grown up now and going on with their lives

DarkDragon
07-04-2007, 03:25 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if vB is misconfigured. Each of the last two downtimes has been preceded by a day of increasingly sluggish responses from the AGN server.

AlexMax
07-06-2007, 03:06 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if vB is misconfigured. Each of the last two downtimes has been preceded by a day of increasingly sluggish responses from the AGN server.

Wouldn't be surprised. vB, at least back in the 2.x days, was/is full of cruft, retarded design decisions and 3 added nothing but feature creep. It's the best of the pay boards, but it's still not worth it in my opinion.

If you ever feel like starting a forum, I'd suggest these two instead:

Simple Machines Forum (http://www.simplemachines.org/): Big, fully featured, and plugin-based so you don't lose themes/plugins when you upgrade. Also, very secure.
PunBB (http://punbb.org/): A fast and light forum, for when you don't need the frills. Pretty secure as well.

And no matter how many forums you see with it don't give in to the trap of phpbb, it has a bad habit of getting reasonably major security vulnerabilities (such as that widespread virus that went around a couple years ago), and it's a pain in the ass to upgrade if you're using anything except the default theme and featureset (and when you have security exploits as much as it does, being hard to upgrade is probably the last thing you want).

DarkDragon
07-06-2007, 03:14 AM
Plus, I don't like phpBB's look and feel, even when themed.

erm2003
07-06-2007, 09:37 AM
I have been running a forum that uses SMF for over a year now. I have been very satisfied with how it has gone. They are working on a 2.0 version which will have a lot more features included to compete more with vB. A lot of the more popular mods are starting to be incorporated. Best of all, you can't go wrong with no cost for a quality program.