PDA

View Full Version : Official Quest/Tile/Music/Script Database

War Lord
06-26-2007, 09:09 PM
http://www.armageddongames.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&file=viewcategory&cid=2

Should be total operational right now. I still need to tweak the graphics, and templates and such, but it is working. I want to have you guys submit some stuff to it before I make it available directly on the main ZC site (which is being fixed right now as well, sorry for the downtime.)

When you submit, as of right now, only myself or other administrators can approve them. When I feel it's ready for launch, the moderators of the ZC forums will hopefully be the ones taking on this task.

I would also like to use this thread to get feedback on whatever for it.
Sorry for the short post but I'll be checking back periodically for replies.

bigjoe
06-26-2007, 09:25 PM
It's nothing fancy. At least not yet. But its there, and it looks functional, so I'm happy. :D

I especially cant wait for the script section to start filling up.

ShadowTiger
06-26-2007, 10:24 PM
That is most definitely the Bees' Knees. All of them.

How do you leave a comment? o.o'

The_Amaster
06-26-2007, 10:57 PM
Cool.:kawaii: Is this going to be the new QDB, or...

SpykStorm
06-26-2007, 11:59 PM
Finaly!! A working QDB!!!!! I'm so happy!!!:):):):):):)

Does it accept demos?

Freedom
06-27-2007, 12:45 AM
War Lord,
Are you going to transfer the quests there from the old database or are you wanting them submitted again?

All of mine are up there except for Castle Haunt 3 which was built in the 2.11b10b
here it is

Castle Haunt III Quest
http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/ZC/haunt3/cashaunt3.zip
Castle Haunt III sound files
http://members.toast.net/mfreedom/ZC/haunt3/ch3main.zip

War Lord
06-27-2007, 01:15 AM
I'd prefer you add them. Especially now, so we can get this all tested out.

I can manually add them, however I'd prefer original creators add them so that their name is appended.

Linkus
06-27-2007, 08:51 AM
Yes, a working official QDB. However, you're missing a "Tiles" section; this is important for anyone who want to customize their set but don't have any abilities with graphics.

(Also, you might want to update Main Menu as soon as you can to add this...)

Freedom
06-27-2007, 09:10 AM
Errors:
The following errors occurred when this message was submitted:

1. Invalid Score

Nicholas Steel
06-27-2007, 09:15 AM
i pointed this section out in another thread around here ^^ good to hear its now hopefully complete.

edit: add a visual to the score, like 3/5 stars and actually have a row of stars with the appropriate number in a different colour. (like on the old database)

add all the searching and sorting functions the old database had as well.

Dan Furst
06-27-2007, 04:34 PM
I get the same thing about the score. If I select one, then I get

vbPortal Message
Remote file uploads have been disabled.

even if I don't try to upload something,

DarkFlameWolf
06-27-2007, 04:47 PM
Freedom, I just give all mine 10 scores, they can change them later. :P

bigjoe
07-09-2007, 04:37 PM
I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place, but I am hereby submitting an application to help moderate the Quest Database.

I rarely ever beat quests, HOWEVER, I play many of them briefly, until I get an idea what they are like. This skill is beneficial, as I could play quests that have no snapshots submitted and fix that problem.

I can understand any reluctance in selecting me to help moderate the Quest Database, as I have proven to be an unstable factor in the past. However,my devotion to Zelda Classic is everlasting, and I believe that I could tackle this responsibility with relative ease.

Freedom
07-09-2007, 06:08 PM
I think bigjoe would be the perfect choice, I second the nomination.

rocksfan13
07-09-2007, 06:31 PM
I also. Bigjoe is a good person.

And also would like to volunteer my services for the new Database. I've been for a working DB since the day it broke down. Even created a temp DB in it's place to keep things moving. If it's not too much to ask that is. Actually would consider it an honor to do so.

I'll also get around to adding my stuff in there as well. Possibly this weekend.

erm2003
07-09-2007, 06:37 PM
:thumbsup: to bigjoe!

I have also expressed my interested in helping with the new DB. Having a DB running with enough people supporting it will be very important as ZC 2.5 is released.

Also what is going to happen with all the quests and files from the old DB? Will they have to be moved over here since some of those quest authors aren't around as much anymore? I really want to help organize that and get this thing off the ground.

DarkFlameWolf
07-09-2007, 09:57 PM
yeah, for a while, thought only 12 quests was going to be the extent of what would be put up. XD

The_Amaster
07-09-2007, 10:19 PM
I second Bigjoe and Rocksfan, and I also offer myself as a responsible person with a lot of free time.

*sniff* We thought it was dead, but now we see that the DB was just hibernating for a while. I'm...so happy.

AmazingAmpharos
07-10-2007, 06:24 PM
If I post a quest built for one of the builds, will I be able to go back and upgrade it to a 2.5 version once that comes out? I was thinking of posting something after testing to see if it works bug free in the latest builds, but I want to wait if I won't be able to go back and update it to be a part of a major release.

rocksfan13
07-10-2007, 08:58 PM
I don't think it would be an issue. As long as you let the staff know it has been upgraded to the newest version and such should be categorized.

Pineconn
07-11-2007, 06:39 PM
Interesting, using a forum as a quest database. It just doesn't "feel" right for some reason. But it'll do for me.So will this QDB replace the old QDB entirely?

zeldamegaman
07-20-2007, 08:53 PM
Hey, i'm going randomly to various forums related but i need help.

I am trying to access the Quest databse so i can download Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revendge. but it seems when i try to click on it or any other link for that matter, an error pages come up, and i can't download the file. What is reccomended?

The_Amaster
07-20-2007, 10:00 PM
Right now, the best place is PureZC (http://www.purezc.com). The old database here is broken, and the new one doesn't have MMDWR yet.

War Lord
07-26-2007, 10:57 PM
So am I correct in assuming that the database is working for everyone and I can proceed with step two?

Very few people have submitted anything, though it does appear to be working.
If I'm correct I can begin to assign moderation and they can work on populating the old quests into it before making this available.

Pineconn
07-27-2007, 12:27 AM
Unfortunately, I am still getting the...

Remote file uploads have been disabled.

...error message when I try to submit. I'm trying to post my quest which has already been uploaded to the Internet. I know that others get this problem.

I'm sure that the following is AOL's fault, but when I do upload my quest through the submission forum, it brings me to a blank page. Is it maybe uploading my quest and I should therefore wait?

Since Wolfie just recently submitted a quest onto the QDB, something must be working properly. :shrug:

But step 2 sounds good! :D

erm2003
07-27-2007, 01:23 AM
Well the new QDB is working for me. It would be a great idea to get this moving so that it's up and running efficiently. This is something the ZC community here really needs.

Pineconn
07-27-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey, I just posted my quest. But I unfortunately put "Coming Soon!!!!" in the text box. (I'm using a much faster Internet now.) Will I be able to edit it and put in a meaningful description? All I plan on doing is copying the description from the old QDB to this one.

Okay, done. So ignore this post.

rocksfan13
07-28-2007, 08:42 AM
I say go for it. No use in prolonging it. The sooner this comes online, the better.

Although, I am also getting an "invalid score" message as well.

erm2003
07-28-2007, 09:06 AM
rocksfan, you have to give your quest a score when you submit it. Just try changing it to 10 and it should work fine.

Pineconn
07-28-2007, 08:28 PM
I agree with Rocksfan. The sooner the QDB gets finalized, the sooner it gets publicized, the sooner it will get filled, and the sooner AGN will obtain more traffic and members. After all, we could use more activity.

rocksfan13
07-29-2007, 10:08 AM
Here's something.

With this new Database coming, it migt be a good idea to edit THIS (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=87049) thread to reflect the new version of the DB.

That thread, at least any of the ZC forum mods can fix. ;)

elise
07-29-2007, 10:23 AM
yeah someone should put in all the Quests from the old questdatabe in , so people can start downloading quests again and upload the newer quests that aren't in from the last one or two years since the database was really down for everything ;)
Lets get it on and working again :)

Oh yeah don't forget also make the different versions and allegro files again good download links , you can't do anything with a quest if you can't download the engine ;)

erm2003
07-29-2007, 10:56 AM
Oh yeah don't forget also make the different versions and allegro files again good download links , you can't do anything with a quest if you can't download the engine ;)

Good point. Since some of the mirrors are not working correctly one of two options may be needed. Either the ZC programs are hosted within the database making them easy to download, or we find additional hosts to use as mirrors. I can help with the second option if we end up needing it.

Anarchy_Balsac
08-21-2007, 09:10 AM
Submitted mine to the data base, though it's the version for beta testers atm.

erm2003
08-21-2007, 09:45 AM
The database is usually only for final versions of a quest. Don't be surprised if you don't end up getting it approved until you are done. You can still link to it so that people can test for you though until it's complete and then it can be hosted here.

EDIT: Or did you mean that it's for the alpha versions of ZC?

Anarchy_Balsac
08-21-2007, 04:30 PM
I mean it's a completed version, all the levels, overworld, and secrets are done. But I want to see if I missed any bugs or did anything wrong so I wanna have people test it, then release the final version. I tried pure ZC, but it seems I can't submit content there.

And I wouldn't know where else to upload it.

Gleeok
08-21-2007, 04:48 PM
The database does not accept quests in alpha builds, ie; 211+. It's best to get testers first, then submit the bug free version to the qdb. Or another temporary way is to link your quest in you sig, and/or create a new thread in Quest Announcement.

Any case, best to have a de-bugged version.

EDIT, You can upload it to a free file hosting site, then linky it at AGN

Anarchy_Balsac
08-21-2007, 04:55 PM
I'll have to look for one after I wake up tonight then, if you know any good ones please suggest them.

Gleeok
08-21-2007, 05:29 PM
I've been using mainly mediafire, but there are alot of decent ones.

Anarchy_Balsac
08-22-2007, 05:07 AM
Seems mediafire just wants to fail on me, oh well I found another.

SpykStorm
08-26-2007, 03:59 PM
When I tried to submit some music it said "Invalid File".