PDA

View Full Version : ZC and Vista, Does it mix?

cyanngaramonde
06-22-2007, 11:03 PM
I got a pretty new laptop b/c my old one decided it had enough. My pretty new laptop has the new windows vista OS as well. It seems that no matter which version of ZC I try to use it does not work and gives me an error. I see the program trying to launch, but after the screen flickers a few times I get an error "program encountered an error and needs to close" or something like that. The only one that works for me is the zc211b10b program, but I have 2 major problems with it, I can not enlarge the screen and after playing the Nemel quest for 2 hours today. I saved the data and when I went back to continue the excellent journey, I found that the data was gone. Can any one help me, this is a very frusterating problem.

Does anyone know how to get Anyof the ZC programs to work on Vista?

DarkDragon
06-22-2007, 11:10 PM
Vista is currently unsupported as none of the developers own Vista (and for me, that won't change as long as Vista remains so buggy.) ZC seems to work on Vista for some people, and not for others.

erm2003
06-22-2007, 11:23 PM
I was able to get the latest alpha build to work fine on my Vista laptop. You can get it at www.shardstorm.com

You may want to try using the ZC Launcher if running the programs directly doesn't seem to be working that easily. Both ZC and ZQuest work for me when I use the Launcher with it.

cyanngaramonde
06-23-2007, 12:14 AM
Where can I get this ZC Launcher?

cyanngaramonde
06-23-2007, 12:53 AM
Ok, I downloaded the latest alpha build and it works so far, I was able to save and i saw it create the .sav file. Now how can I make the screen bigger. When it launches it is in a small window, not fun for playing. When I look at the video under misc menu. it says "diredt x windowed at 320x240 - 8 bit" Any Ideas? I also found the ZC Launcher within the file. Everything works so far. Thanx for your help.

erm2003
06-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Well if you load the ZC Launcher first, it has options that will allow you to adjust the screen size and then you can load ZC and ZQuest directly through that program instead. It should work out fine. Just look around at all the options in the launcher and you should get something to work out.