PDA

View Full Version : strings

lupinealchemist
06-21-2007, 06:43 PM
I'm trying to trigger a string in an overworld or dungeon without the guy being visible and blocking Link's walking space on a screen. Any ideas?

Russ
06-21-2007, 06:54 PM
Go into the tile editor and delete the sprite for the fire guy. Then use him and, although he will be in the room, he will be invisible, as no sprites for him exist. Then you can also make combos that look like people and lay those down and it will look like the are talking when realy it is the invisible fire.

The_Amaster
06-21-2007, 07:23 PM
If your in 2.10, then theres no way to get rid of the invisible wall. Well, unless you make the string tiles, and put it on like, layer 6.

lupinealchemist
06-21-2007, 09:22 PM
If your in 2.10, then theres no way to get rid of the invisible wall. Well, unless you make the string tiles, and put it on like, layer 6.

But I'm not using 2.10, I'm trying my luck with the latest beta.

Russ
06-21-2007, 09:46 PM
I think there is a quest rule called "message strings dissapear" or something like that which will make the string dissapear and the space walkable.

lupinealchemist
06-21-2007, 10:06 PM
I think there is a quest rule called "message strings dissapear" or something like that which will make the string dissapear and the space walkable.

I have the rule on but the invisible wall doesn't disappear with the string.