PDA

View Full Version : 1st Quest *Speed run*

Gleeok
06-21-2007, 08:47 AM
Never really cared to try this before, but as it turns out beating the 1st quest in under 40 minutes is not the simplest of tasks. I'm having some conflict with different routes i'm attempting in order to almost completely get rid of the luck factor involved. So here's where i'm at as of now.

-Route 1-

LV3 - quickly disposing of the 4 blue octo's on route to hopefully aquire needed bombs. If that doesn't work then you must slay the 3 rednuts in room 3. get the raft-(hopefully)kill manhandla with one bomb drop.

LV4 - pretty straightforward.
-go east, get heart

LV2 - no problem
-go N get money-get heart-get white sword

LV5 - Kill darknuts, smash boss. easy as pie
buy candle,get heart,go to lv1

LV1 -*cough*
buy bait,secret money,buy arrows-in some order.

LV7 -bomb a bunch of walls, kill boss
-get lv3 sword in graveyard

LV6 -starting here you have to do some fighting, nothing too hard, kill gohma with 1 arrow, get triforce.
-whistlewarp, go to lv8

LV8 - this is actually one of the fastest levels at this point. kill darknuts, slay the dragon. whistlewarp.

LV9 - making sure you have enough bombs beforehand, you only have to fight in five rooms before gannon, i believe. Also flee the first patra.
Enter Gannon...does anyone know if theres some algorithym to dertermine where gannon will appear at? Slashing around at the dark with no rings is a clumsy way to go about it.

-Total aquired items...3 hearts, blue candle, bow/arrow, bait, 3 swords.

So anyway, theres some problems with it, like running out of bombs after LV3 and having to find more for LV4. also delaying lv1 untill you have the candle for the heart nearby. and of coarse having to kill darknuts with the wooden sword if you get no bombs. And alot of non-linear planning.

Any thoughts on this? Does anyone have any suggestions? If you try it out you'll see it's kind of clumsy. My alternative seems to better fix the bomb problem but creates even more new ones. I'm still working on it anyway...

#2---

LV2
-same as above-
LV5- get whistle then leave
LV3
LV4
get candle-heart
LV1
bait,arrows
LV5 revisited
LV8-alot harder without lv3 sword
LV7
LV6
LV9

...and that's what I got. Also keep in mind the following assumptions:
a) The game can be beaten without any rings, and without dying. :confuse2:
b) Link is crazy enough to attemp to do so in the fastest order possible. :eek:

Also, if you have 25 minutes of your life you don't need, I found this video on youtube using savestates, and slowdown via an emulator, then sped up to real time.....it's fucking retarded. And apparently took like a year to make. This is absurd...hehe. http://youtube.com/watch?v=kgbR_GWzWWs Enjoy! ;P

Nicholas Steel
06-21-2007, 08:53 AM
for the link you posted at the end of your post.

A) it is a T.A.S (Tool Assisted Speed Run)

B) they used frame advance which is they played frame by frame and not in slow motion.

C) how is it retarded? it attempts to beat the game as fast as possible exploiting any glitches/bugs that improve the speed even if they can not be done in realtime. it is quiet amusing seeing how fast a game can be beaten even if it cant be beaten on a console which lacks rerecording and frame by frame play.

http://tasvideos.org

Gleeok
06-21-2007, 09:02 AM
Heh. That's not what I meant by retarded. ;) And yeah, it's pretty neat to watch a superhuman Link destroy everything in his path.

Nicholas Steel
06-21-2007, 09:12 AM
Okie Dokie ;)

Gleeok
06-23-2007, 02:25 AM
Well, I might just be talking to myself here, but I've narrowed it down to a set path that anyone with a knowledge of the 1st quest should be able to complete in under 45 minutes with not much practice. This is, by far, the easiest and fastest way I could devise that completely nullifies the luck, bomb, and money problem, along with something that happened to me somewhere around 37-38 min., which is of coarse, *OOPS* I died while fighting Gannon...that really sucks. And i'm sure everyone's got that one gullible freind that'll bet you $20 you can't do it in less than 45 min. so, if anyone cares, here it is.

*LV Order*
2, 3, 4, 1, 5, 7, 6, 8, 9

...and ready...GO!
-get sword, go east till you get to the 4 blue octos, then west 2, up 1, 2 more blue octos. Why? Bombs silly. if none drop any, well that sucks and you've lost about 45 sec. having to come back later. got bombs? get the heart, go to lv2.
lv2 go R, then straight up-use the bomb trick on the boss.get triforce.
-bomb count-*6
head N, get secret money from armos, go W 1,get heart. head to the NE corner, get secret money and letter. go W get lv2 sword. This is where you do the 2cd controller warping trick with the NES, or just "continue" with ZC.
go W to lv3. get raft, then kill the nuts in the 3rd room W to restock bombs, bomb 2 walls and manhandla. *note*if you fail to get the one bomb kill, you must finish it with the sword.exit. go W secret money, then NE buy arrows, bait. *continue* buy candle en route to lv4.
-bomb count-*5 (you must have 5 bombs at this point, don't go wasting them) You need 2 in lv4, 2 in lv 1, and 1 to restock in lv5. As I said, i've thought this through very carefully, thus eliminating the luck factor.
lv4- get the ladder, bomb 2 walls, get the triforce. get the heart on the way to lv1.
LV1-do I really need to explain this?
LV5- go up, bomb W, kill the gibdo get more bombs, go W. don't worry, just take your time killing the darknuts...no hurry. get whistle. *continue* go up, get bombs, go R,U,U,U,then L, get triforce.
feel free to buy a potion at any time between lv7 and 9. You should have enough money at this point.
-bomb count-*7
lv7- just run past the goriya and bomb a bunch of walls, you only have to fight in 4 rooms here. just skip the red candle...you don't need it, and be sure to restock on bombs in the digdogger room.
-bomb count-*7
lv6- get the lv3 sword. Yay! lv6 pretty straightforward, skip the wand, and don't die.
-bomb count-*6
blow the whistle, then again BEFORE you warp, then face right. you should warp to lv2 doing this.
lv8- go U,U,U,U,R, kill the enemies in this stair room if you need bombs. warp, bomb up, and kill the (gulp) Gleeok.
whistlewarp facing L, then N to lv9.
-bomb count-*7 (you did it!!!)
lv9- go U,U get key, bomb L, stairs. go L,L, kill patra get silver arrow. return to this room, go N, N,N, then bomb L. stairs. bomb L, more stairs, kill patra and fight Gannon. (hope your good at fighting Gannon!) If you did this with no mistakes, should be under 40 minutes. congrats!

Also i'm assuming by now that everyone that would try this knows where the easy keys, and dungeon shortcuts are, and as you can see it's not going to break any world records or anything. Also with this route you can afford to buy 2 red potions if you need too, just try not to become too dependant on them.

Well, there's that...Enjoy!
:)