PDA

View Full Version : warping

lupinealchemist
06-20-2007, 11:26 PM
Is it possible to warp from the title screen to a screen which instantly plays a string, then on the same screen use a warp tile to trigger another string and insert a room warp on yet the same screen? Or is that too many warps?

The_Amaster
06-20-2007, 11:49 PM
Title screen to string room should be fine. Most people make it a down side warp, and place Link on the lower edge. For the two strings, couldn't you just link them, instead of using warps? And then just set up insta-warps all over the string screen, and as soon as the strings finish, you should warp.

lupinealchemist
06-21-2007, 01:29 AM
The strings are linked, but your suggestions are useful. Thanks.

lupinealchemist
06-26-2007, 01:28 AM
I have a problem. In my first dungeon I wanted it to be classic NES style. I try to make a warp to a classic item cellar clone screen but no matter what I do I always get sent to an unused void screen. I'll tell you what I did step by step.

dungeon room with cellar
stairs A tile -> item room/warp A
when I pick up the item I wanted to trigger a string so I put an insta-warp tile on the item.
i-warp A tile -> clone room for string/warp A
then I put i-warp tiles around Link to return to previous room
i-warp B tile -> item room/warp B
then I use a side warp to warp back to the dungeon room
side warp up B -> dungeon room/warp B

this chain of warps never makes it past warp 1. Can anyone help me?

The_Amaster
06-26-2007, 12:24 PM
Your problem is in trying to put the string on the item cellar screen. You're not supposed to mess with those like that. If you want a screen like that, make a new, regular screen, make it look like a item cellar, and make the warp ain insta-warp.

lupinealchemist
06-26-2007, 06:14 PM
I found out the problem, I was using autowarp and regular stairs combos. And yes, I was using a duplicate room for the cellar.