PDA

View Full Version : Sinus drainage

Mitsukara
06-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Today I woke up at about 5AM PST because I felt thirsty, achey, couldn't breathe good, and had a sore feeling behind my nostrils. I felt fine the night before. I'm very familiar with this feeling, though, as I've had it in the past. Like before, it has since been an ongoing, constant thing and my stomach's getting all warbly. I took a warm shower, didn't help.

I just moved to Bremerton/Seattle recently (as most of you know if you read recent GD topics), so that may have something to do with it. Might be allergies, might be a cold.

My main question, though, is how can I treat it? How can I alleviate the throat/nasal aspects, in particular? Or the stomach ones? Anyone have any experience with this stuff?

More importantly, if it IS allergies, how can I combat them/try not to develop worse ones? I don't want to be allergic to Seattle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Woe is me, to have to endure such hardships in life. This is pretty much the only thing I'm actually worried about ATM XD

Prrkitty
06-20-2007, 07:08 PM
So ya know hon... since you've moved to a new area you will have some form of allergies for a few years (as your body gets used to the areas allergines).

You can try to purchase some OTC (over the counter) allergy meds to help with your symptoms but it's gonna take awhile for your body to adjust to the new area. When I moved from South Carolina to Idaho back in 1994, I had pretty bad allergies for the first few years I was there.

An allergist could help you with your allergies but financially I'm not sure if you could afford that right now. I think Washington State does have some form of health care for people without health insurance but it's been since 1998 since last we lived in that state. I suggest you call the nearest health department to you and see what they can suggest to help you.

<hug> If I think of anything more I'll post it for ya :)

Lilith
06-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Moving-allergies are pretty common, you just have to live there awhile :(

Pineconn
06-21-2007, 01:00 AM
Good to hear you made it to Seattle well. I've never had moving allergies, probably considering I've lived in NE Ohio for all my life. ;)

MrCow
06-21-2007, 04:04 PM
Get claritin. its an OTC allergy medicine. It could be a cold from recycled air,THANKS PLANES, or it could be a sinus infection. Look for a clinic in the area and you could probably get some antibiotics for it.

Prrkitty
06-21-2007, 04:31 PM
Paul's allergist told him that when moving into a new area that it takes close to 3 year to acclimate yourself/your allergies to the new area. Try to find a clinic and see if they can help you. :)

Mitsukara
06-21-2007, 08:41 PM
Thank you for your advice, I will attempt as many of your suggestions as I can. So far all I've had the opportunity to do was get some benadryl, which didn't seem to help.

However, I think this must've been a bug/virus/cold of some kind, unless it was just allergies from hell; my symptoms got worse over the day/night mostly (aside from a brief nap I took, I was okay for a little bit after that); I had problems with feeling cold when I shouldn't have, retrospectively; and this morning I woke up a couple times, and I kinda wound up puking a few times in short successon. I went back to bed and finally got up at 4PM (an hour and 40 minutes ago). I ate a couple pieces of peanut butter toast and drank some water. My stomach ached but it's gradually getting better. My throat problems have also eased up.

If all that was allergies, yikes.