PDA

View Full Version : What's new?

punkonjunk1024
06-18-2007, 11:38 PM
That's a pretty big question, huh?

I haven't touched ZC except for one small attempt a while ago since 2.10's release. I think that's the one.

I'd like an overview, and a few points towards stuff... and I'll probobly ask questions I have in here.
Here's one, right away - what is Z-launcher and romview-w in the latest release?

EDIT

Alright, so some stuff I'd like to know right away -
New items... what do they do? any documentation on that? Or general documentation I could read?
Enemy editor?!?!?
Any new quests that could display the use of some of the new implements?

Hot Water Music
06-19-2007, 12:07 AM
I saw you on Pocketheaven!

_L_
06-19-2007, 02:28 AM
New items... what do they do? any documentation on that? Or general documentation I could read?

* Roc's Feather: see Link's Awakening.
* Stone of Agony: see Ocarina of Time.
* Charge Ring: see Oracle of Seasons/Ages.
* Heart Ring: see Oracle of Seasons/Ages.
* Magic Ring: similar to the Heart Ring.
* Worn-out Glove: see BS Zelda 3: Ancient Stone Tablets (http://bszelda.zeldalegends.net/right.shtml).
* Peril Beam: see The Minish Cap.
* Quake Hammer: see Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
* Hurricane Spin: see The Wind Waker.
* Peril Ring: see the "Last Stand" badge in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.
* Hover Boots: augments the Roc's Feather.
* Cross Beams: augments the Spin Attack.
* Remote Bombs: see The Minish Cap. You can make these yourself by editing the ordinary Bombs.

punkonjunk1024
06-19-2007, 03:32 AM
Hey... how does ZC rumble? O_o

_L_
06-19-2007, 09:42 AM
Very gently.

The_Amaster
06-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Enemy editor?!?!?

Gonna blow you away. I think there might be a few threads around explaining it. I'll go look.

punkonjunk1024
06-19-2007, 01:32 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwww someone told me in my other thread that there is freaking gravity

Who ever encoded that deserves some kind of goddamn award. SIDE SCROLLING? HOLY CRAP. I love you new developers and DN.

I can't find anywhere how I would make a sidescrolling area. I'd really like to play with this feature.

Hot Water Music
06-19-2007, 03:48 PM
it's a screen flag, like on Link's awakening, because I remember hacking LA with Gameshark and there's a flag that lets you change sidescroll gravity on and off.

punkonjunk1024
06-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Awesome... so from what I can tell, creating link's awakening... would be possible?

Also, we should totally make a player for PSP, or DS. That would be awesome. XD

EDIT

Playing with just a bit of sidescrolling, I seem to be able to walk over single-tile areas without falling with gravity enabled. Man, ZQ is complicated now.

Hot Water Music
06-19-2007, 04:10 PM
Porting to the DS, I think would be the best way to go for portability.

DS homebrew is on the rage now and there are very good flash carts out today.

punkonjunk1024
06-19-2007, 04:20 PM
Hell yeah. PSP might be easier simply because of the funtionality of the x86 emulator for it, so it's possible to get windows running on it, albeit slowly. :(
However, the DS scene is about a million times more active.

Hey, is there an updated quest to display some of the new stuff, like newfirst was? Or something I could use as a template, at least, with a bunch of stuff enabled and a nicer tileset?

EDIT

I can't figure out how to make roc's feather selectable. I'm pretty retarded, huh?

OK, so I made the rocs feather work...
And now it crashes whenever I use it. I just edited the boomerang to be a "roc's item"... maybe I need to play with other stuff? Man this is fun to get back into.

OK, the rocs feather actually crashed zone alarm pro. O_o

The_Amaster
06-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Interesting. The Roc's feather should be fine. What build you using? And how did you make the feather selectable?

punkonjunk1024
06-19-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm using 389.

EDIT
I'm gonna start a quest, using what I know... and as I learn more, I'll integrate it. I'll ask alot of questions, but any documentation on usage of new features, I'd love to see it. Otherwise, I'll ask questions as I develope them.

For now, I'd like as much of this as anyone can provide.

A quest demonstrating the proper usage of very new items, like roc's feather, or a template of some sort with updated graphics and subscreen templates and stuff.

Info on how to use the rocs feather.

Info on the enemy editor.

Info on the freeform combo thing.

Info on scripts.

But yeah, some kind of template of some sort would be awesome. Thanks in advance.

iwn12
07-16-2007, 09:17 AM
I run PSP homebrew since it dosen't require flashcarts or game mods. besides, everytime I get a ds, it gets lost or stolen. This new model psp coming out, I heard it will have 64 MB of ram (opposed to 32 MB or the 4 MB before it) Nintendo DS does appear to be more feasible for a port, with allegro being ported over to it.