PDA

View Full Version : PSP: CRUSH. I don't care if you don't like PSP. PLAY THIS GAME.

punkonjunk1024
06-18-2007, 11:31 PM
So I started this game a few days ago, and it's pretty much a reason to own a PSP. I'm not kidding you. If you like puzzle games at all, seriously, get this game.
http://www.gamespot.com/video/937957/6164583/crush-official-trailer-1
Watch the video.
The gameplay of this game revolves around translating a 3-D enviroment into a 2D enviroment, and using that to move through the game. But that doesn't really do the gameplay justice. It one of the most monumentally unique puzzle games ever.

ONeilcool
06-19-2007, 02:44 AM
The Trailer looked intertesting. It seemed the little 3D to 2D switch thing allowed you to do ANYTHING making the game extremely easy, but I'm sure there is more to it than just that. I'd like to actually play this game someday to see what its like.

punkonjunk1024
06-19-2007, 03:34 AM
No, it doesn't make it easy. It looks that way at first, but When I reached about halfway through the levels, I got stuck for 2 straight days. It took me almost 6 hours to figure out that level.
It's a pretty difficult game. and it's funny as hell, too. It's got a pretty good storyline, strangely enough.

MottZilla
06-19-2007, 01:34 PM
There are much better reasons to buy PSP than this. Emulation, Castlevania, MegaMan, etc.

punkonjunk1024
06-19-2007, 01:50 PM
yeah, it's an amazing emulation tool. But as for legit reasons, or reasons that don't involve hunting down used PSPs to downgrade, this one pretty much takes the cake.

MottZilla
06-19-2007, 02:06 PM
Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles takes the cake from Crush and kicks it in the nuts so hard they come out its mouth. Ofcourse we've only been waiting over a decade for CV DX Rondo of Blood to be released in the US. ;p Sadly PSP really needs a redesign for decent controls. The PSP's controls are so flimsy.

punkonjunk1024
06-19-2007, 04:07 PM
Whoa, is that released already? I thought that wasn't coming out for a bit, that's sweet.'

but you know, apples, oranges, ect. For puzzle games, the cake is right here.

MottZilla
06-20-2007, 01:52 AM
I don't think it's out yet, but it's still far more notable than any other game to hit PSP yet.

punkonjunk1024
06-20-2007, 02:39 AM
Yeah, I agree.
Pretty unfortunate, too, since it's such a powerful system. If more people were drawn to it, I bet the homebrew scene for it wouldn't be retarded.

MottZilla
06-20-2007, 01:38 PM
The homebrew scene for PSP is great. However no the PSP isn't that powerful, just the most powerful handheld right now which doesn't say much, as it's based on PS2. PSP suffers from problems Nintendo understands well. Handheld gaming systems need to be easy to take with you whereever, have good battery life, not have moving parts, etc. PSP isn't very easy to take around with you, it's not that durable. That pretty screen is easy to get scratched. The battery life isn't great. The UMD's are annoying.

All the PSP has going for it is being a portable PS2 in a way.

punkonjunk1024
06-20-2007, 02:19 PM
I agree with everything you said, however, I got them dirt cheap, and am planning on getting a dirt cheap double-capacity battery.

For what I've seen so far, the homebrew scene is either inactive, or simply very very hard to find support for. No one makes guides, or tutorials, or spells anything out.
I've been looking hard for how to install windows 98 using bochs for psp, but nothing really spells it out for someone with my level of technological know-how. I think I just have to install it, and boot it with bochs, but I really don't know.

But yes, the PSP is extremely lacking as a handheld compared to the DS. I wholeheartedly agree. The fact that the PS1 emulator is flawless is a huge reason to own one, in addition to the fact that n64 emulation is on its way.

But yeah, sony is pretty much goddamn retarded lately, so I hope they drop out of the handheld race completely after this, or they take some steps in the right direction with the next handheld. But looking at what they did with PS3, I'm not holding my breath.

DarkDragoonX
06-20-2007, 11:04 PM
I don't think it's out yet, but it's still far more notable than any other game to hit PSP yet.

Yeah... I'm actually pretty excited for it. My PSP will finally stop gathering dust once it comes out!

MottZilla
06-21-2007, 03:18 PM
They need to remake the PSP, make it slimmer with a flip open screen cover like design similar to GBASP and DS, improve battery life, improve the quality of all the controls, and get some good titles out there. The screen and the controls are the main issues. They really need to have a self protecting design that's easier to take with you. And the controls suck and need improvement badly. Give it just a control improvement and I'd like it alot more. But they should go for a major overhaul and include TV out.

shadowboxer2007
06-27-2007, 05:27 AM
Well psp has alot of guides for the homebruw stuff. I made over 60 of them and alot of the mods. But like you all said I am a no body. Thats why you all will die off soon. As for my sites they will live on. My biggest site get over 100k in hits a day. But you all bor me to much. Keep in the past so ya all can die off.