PDA

View Full Version : Happy Father's Day!

moocow
06-17-2007, 08:55 PM
JJ, Eckels... who else?

It's late in the evening, but Happy Father's Day :)

I got my dad a couple of things he asked for (new swim trunks and a christian music cd), and this was printed in our local paper:

Click here to read my salute to my daddy. (http://www.newarkadvocate.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070617/LIFESTYLE/70615037)

Over 30 people submitted these, and they only printed 9... One of those 9 being mine :) My dad was way happy, I think I even spotted a tear :D

So... yeah. What did everyone do for Daddy's day?

Beldaran
06-17-2007, 10:27 PM
That was a really great tribute.

I wish I could hang out with my dad. Unfortunately he lives across the country from me. I called him and we shot the shit, but that's it. I really don't have any money because it's summer and my student loan money is gone, so I wasn't able to get him anything, but he doesn't mind because he knows I'm a broke ass college student.

My dad is a great guy. He always took me fishing as a kid, he encouraged me to play guitar and didn't yell at me for not becoming a lawyer or doctor when I wanted to play in rock bands instead of go to college. He has never once in my entire life been mean to my mom, even when he was broke, jobless, stressed out, and trying to feed two kids. He never got drunk, he never did drugs, he never hit us out of anger.

I'm really, really lucky.

Pineconn
06-17-2007, 11:57 PM
Well, I helped my dad (or should I say my dad helped me?) spread mulch around 6 trees and around a line of another 3 trees and some rhododendrons. Fuuunnnnn. And since I'm a broke high school student (due to a lack of having a job), I said I'd clean/wash/vacuum his truck (1988 Chevy, looks like crap with its rust holes and peeling paint... and cracked windshield). Which I will, probably Tuesday.

mrz84
06-18-2007, 11:25 AM
Scarlet Dragon is also a father (mine to be exact) so Happy Day of the Father to him! :kitty: