PDA

View Full Version : a cool alternative to downloading cellphone ringtones from your service provider

Masamune
06-16-2007, 11:36 PM
I was talking to my cousin's boyfriend today about how much I fucking hate verizon and their inability to let me connect my phone to my computer via usb. So he told me about this site that will just send an mp3 or midi file from your computer to your phone via text message. http://mobile17.com/ I'm currently waiting for for a megaman midi to be sent through. :(

Check it out if you have one of those service providers who don't like you making your own tones or backgrounds or whatever.

Beldaran
06-16-2007, 11:59 PM
Wow, thanks for the hook up. I can't wait to use this. I hate my irritating as fuck verizon ringtones, but I'm not paying money for new ones because fuck them.

biggiy05
06-17-2007, 12:22 AM
http://myxertones.com/ is also good.

erm2003
06-17-2007, 08:32 AM
Do a google search for a program called bitpim. If you have a USB cord for your phone it will allow you to exchange your pictures, music files, ring tones, and even backup your address book and it's free.

rock_nog
06-17-2007, 11:14 AM
That is really cool, thanks! Screw paying for ring tones. I mean, they don't even let you preview them, so you never know what you're getting. But this is freakin' awesome, getting to make my own.

Masamune
06-17-2007, 01:01 PM
I just tried bitpim, and it doesn't support my phone. Not even motorola tools supports my phone. I did some googling and the only verizon phone I can find that can connect to your comp is the razr or whatever. And even then you have to make some seem edits and do some shit that verizon makes it difficult for you to do.

Gerudo
06-18-2007, 12:45 PM
i have a VX8300, and i got a cable off Amazon for like 5 bucks, including shipping. i also use BitPim to put ringtones on my phone that sound superior to the shit Verizon put up, plus obviously, it's free.

i used to do it through the websites, but their tones sound like shit too.

Glitch
06-18-2007, 02:38 PM
Do a google search for a program called bitpim. If you have a USB cord for your phone it will allow you to exchange your pictures, music files, ring tones, and even backup your address book and it's free.

Thats what I use to add song clips as ringtones to my LG Chocolate :D