PDA

View Full Version : Theorizing Aloud:

ShadowTiger
06-15-2007, 05:50 PM
A few more ideas for some of the more elaborate custom items we could create. I'm going assume that in order to create them, they would all require some heavy ZScripting. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if this were the case, and am already expecting it.

1) Energy Ring: When you receive this, your weapons have a 10% chance of letting loose a sword beam regardless of all other factors. If you couldn't before AT ALL, now you can, 10% of the time. If your sword could shoot beams at XX% health, now it can shoot beams at twice that percentage.

2) Hero's Ring: Random damage is negated/absorbed.

3) Adventurer's Potion: For one minute, your speed increases to 1.25 times its normal rate, as does your damage.

4) Berzerk Ring: Damage taken increases by 1.5 times, while damage dealt increases similarly. Is Equipped as a B item and used to toggle on and off.

5) Boots Of Speed: Requires you to toggle them on and off as a B item. Will increase your speed to 1.33x.

6) Energy Module: When used, your next sword attack does three times as much damage.

7) POW: When used, drains all of your mana (IF you have more than one container's worth. Otherwise nothing will happen.) It'll check through all enemies onscreen, and check their hit points. If it's lower than, say, eight or nine, (Probably ten.) It'll outright destroy them. If greater, nothing will happen. Maybe it'll just stun them.

Ebola Zaire
06-15-2007, 07:10 PM
1) Energy Ring: When you receive this, your weapons have a 10% chance of letting loose a sword beam regardless of all other factors. If you couldn't before AT ALL, now you can, 10% of the time. If your sword could shoot beams at XX% health, now it can shoot beams at twice that percentage.

Do you mean half? Because double seems like it would be a bad thing...:confused:

ShadowTiger
06-15-2007, 07:25 PM
Hm. I wonder what sort of mathematical model was running through my head when I wrote that. Yes, I suppose I do mean that. Thank you.

(Note how much this has actually changed though.)

_L_
06-16-2007, 07:41 AM
2) Hero's Ring: Random damage is negated/absorbed.
Instead, let's call it "Whimsical Mail." I suppose you could make a global script which randomly gives and takes a Ring from Link every frame...

3) Adventurer's Potion: For one minute, your speed increases to 1.25 times its normal rate, as does your damage.
Even on the development side it's pretty tricky to tinker with Link's speed. 'Specially with diagonal walking.

4) Berzerk Ring: Damage taken increases by 1.5 times, while damage dealt increases similarly. Is Equipped as a B item and used to toggle on and off.You could make Link start with a Ring, and increase each enemy's damage enough to cancel it out. The script removes the Ring and gives a higher-powered version of his current sword, and reverses this when done. Yeah, it's easy. See also the Energy Module (or should I say "Great Fairy's Tears"?)