PDA

View Full Version : The ZC Wikipedia article is gone.

The_Amaster
06-15-2007, 12:47 PM
Yeah, so Wikipedia delete the article on ZC, due to "lack of third party sources", or some such. Anyway, theres a movement at PZC to re-write he page in accordance with guidelines, and it was mentioned that someone should talk about it here too, see if anyone wants to help. So, any volunteers to help us restore the article?

andrewmcd1
06-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Like I said over at PZC, we should make it as a community effort. We must all help to find the 3rd-party sources (and that shouldn't be incredibly hard) and citations.

I should also emphesise the need to create backups in case the page gets deleted again, allowing us to repost the pages with all the reasons to delete the page rectified.

Pineconn
06-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Might as well. I think another reason it was deleted is that it wasn't too encyclopedic, more like an advertisement.

Hot Water Music
06-17-2007, 09:27 PM
I'll kill 'em.

SUCCESSOR
06-18-2007, 01:46 PM
One great source would be that G4 video game show that covered ZC.

LinkMaster500
06-21-2007, 02:43 PM
The following is from the Deletion Policy at www.wikipedia.org

"Reasons for deletion include but are not limited to violation of copyright, content that does not belong in an encyclopedia, content not verifiable in a reliable source, and unreferenced negative content in biographies of living persons. In the normal operations of Wikipedia, approximately five thousand pages are deleted each day."

Wikipedia is not intended to be used for advertising, which probably was the reason for the deletion. You probably can use Wikipedia to talk about what the Zelda Classic project is, but you cannot use it as a sales pitch to get people to use Zelda Classic.

XMuppetSB
06-21-2007, 03:07 PM
In case you haven't already noticed, Pineconn and DarkDragon are working on new ZC Wikipedia articles.
Here's the one Pineconn is working on: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Zelda_Classic
And here's the one DarkDragon is developing: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Evouga/Zelda_Classic

Pineconn
06-21-2007, 04:02 PM
I haven't started on it actually, but I will... eventually. I just wanted to get a user's input before I did so I had some guidelines to follow, and WP:RS (www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:RS) will do that.

XMuppetSB
06-21-2007, 08:31 PM
I haven't started on it actually, but I will... eventually. I just wanted to get a user's input before I did so I had some guidelines to follow, and WP:RS (www.en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WP:RS) will do that.

Well, I heard that you were beginning to rewrite the Zelda Classic Wikipedia Page when I read the Talk: Zelda Classic Article, where you said you need a little help.:rolleyes: By the way, is DarkDragon's Zelda Classic Wikipedia page still under construction?

DarkDragon
06-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Yes, I made a first cut of the page last night. Edit it here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Evouga/Zelda_Classic).

If you want to help with the article, DO NOT make a new page in main space. It will only get speedy-deleted and diminish our chances of getting a legitimate page reinstate. Edit the copy on my user space instead.

Pineconn
06-22-2007, 09:57 PM
I'm liking it so far. It's much better than the previous article which was "here's teh hist0ry" and "here's teh devs." I might suggest a "Reception" section, with "Praise" and "Criticism" (its general bugginess, crashing, etc.) sub-sections. But I unfortunately don't have any time to write it now, since I leave for New Mexico early tomorrow morning. Darn upcoming jet lag. :p

DarkDragon
06-23-2007, 04:25 PM
Feel free to add it once you get some time. Just be sure to cite everything aggressively.