PDA

View Full Version : Since SiCKO is coming out

phattonez
06-15-2007, 11:43 AM
I think we all need to be reminded how much of a retard Michael Moore is.

http://www.zipperfish.com/toons/yaafm/yaafm-9-michael-moore/

Oh, and since his movie has so much about Cuba's AMAZING health care system, you can find out how it really is here (http://www.therealcuba.com/Page10.htm).

rock_nog
06-15-2007, 12:05 PM
Bah... Propaganda, all of it. I mean, I love how facts don't really matter, it's all about which side's propaganda is more convincing. Oh right, never mind, that's basically the history of human existence. I mean, you can't even trust facts, because even if something is absolutely true, you can put spin on it, present it in just such a way that it appears to say something else.

phattonez
06-15-2007, 12:27 PM
^^Is that a bash on Michael Moore or on the video?

And then you have to get the facts on the hospitals, and I can pretty much rebut all that Moore says in his video. I was in Cuba a few years back and I can tell you the conditions of the hospitals are terrible.

rock_nog
06-15-2007, 12:36 PM
That was a bash at both Micheal Moore and the video. They both do the same freakin' thing, so how can you decide which is right? Heck, frankly, I'm just gonna reserve judgment on Cuba's health care system entirely until I have the occasion to make use of it myself. I really don't feel I'm adequately informed to judge the American health care system - I mean, there's lots of good stuff, but you hear lots of horror stories, too. I just don't know what to think anymore.

{DSG}DarkRaven
06-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Michael Moore is from Michigan.

I am from Michigan.

I shed a tear every time I see that man.

Really, I'm surprised anyone listens to him anymore. No, wait, I'm not that surprised, but still, why is it that reasonably intelligent people try to give him credibility? It's very, very obvious that he doesn't care about fair and balanced reporting of anything. He lives to be incendiary, and nothing less.

I was really hoping he would make good on his promise to move to Canada back in 2004. Or at the very least, that police would find him dead in his bedroom surrounded by cheeseburgers.

Lilith
06-15-2007, 03:40 PM
So I heard Michael Moore is pretty fat.

{DSG}DarkRaven
06-15-2007, 11:20 PM
So I heard Michael Moore is pretty fat.

This is true, but he's from Michigan, which mostly explains it. Most of the state's midsections have been destroyed by a steady diet of Whoppers and reality TV for the last ten years or so. This is also probably why our economy is in the toilet.

DarkDragoonX
06-17-2007, 01:11 AM
Most of the state's midsections have been destroyed by a steady diet of Whoppers and reality TV for the last ten years or so. This is also probably why our economy is in the toilet.

... the state's?

AlexMax
06-17-2007, 05:52 PM
This is something I admit I'm a little ignorant on, but is there any particular reason why government and private health care can't coexist? Can't afford coverage? Use the government provided one since even shitty coverage is better than none. Can? Use the superior privately run one, since there would clearly be a market for those who want better than what the government offers. However, something tells me that somewhere along the line the economics of such a system would break down, so...

Archibaldo
06-18-2007, 10:35 PM
I dunno, maybe it's because I'm Canadian but I don't Moore is all that bad. I love what he did with Bowling for Columbine, and Farenheit 9/11 (sp?) is actually fairly interesting. I haven't seen or read any of his other work but I hear that Dude Where's My Country is actually pretty good. Of course I know a lot of people around here who hate him because they think in Farenhiet 9/11, he was telling people that it wasn't a conspiracy and every one around here seems to enjoy jumping on the "Bush is stupid and 9/11 was a conspiracy " bandwagon. His facts don't seem to be "spinned" in anyway, but I do think he doesn't give Americans enough credit when he calls them all stupid. But the facts are there, he seems to me to be a very objective person.

In regards to that video however, they seriously blew everything out of proportion. They make him seem like he's a terrorist for critiquing(sp?) America's values and vices. It people who make him out that way that make news reporters biased because if they don't twist a story and just give the cold hard facts they're labeled as a terrorist/communist/whatever you want to call it.