PDA

View Full Version : Why couldn't this have been true?

phattonez
06-14-2007, 08:36 PM
TIRANA (Reuters) - Reports that President George W. Bush had his wristwatch stolen while shaking hands with Albanians on his weekend visit are false, Albanian police and the U.S. embassy said Tuesday.
"The story is untrue and the president did not lose his watch," a spokesman for the embassy in Tirana said.
Some newspapers, television stations and websites carried reports that Bush's watch vanished Sunday when he was greeted by ecstatic crowds in Fushe Kruje, outside the capital Tirana.
"It is not true," said Albania's police director, Ahmet Prenci.
Photographs showed Bush, surrounded by five bodyguards, putting his hands behind his back so one of the bodyguards could remove his watch.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070613/od_nm/albania_dc;_ylt=An.AgUYABB2jS2ppYsa7QDXtiBIF

Pineconn
06-14-2007, 11:20 PM
I take it you don't like Bush? :confuse2:

phattonez
06-14-2007, 11:29 PM
No, I'm not one of those crazy impeach Bush guys, but I admit I'm tired of how he runs his administration. This would have been funny no matter who the president was. It's just a hilarious circumstance to happen to someone in a very high position.

mrz84
06-15-2007, 02:44 PM
I agree, this is something that would be funny if it had really happened. :kitty:

Lilith
06-15-2007, 03:50 PM
lol, eastern europe.

AtmaWeapon
06-15-2007, 11:06 PM
HAHAHAHA THAT WOUDL HAVE SHOWN BU$H if he GOT HIS WATCH JACKED

THEN MAYBE HE'D LEARN NO BLOOD FOR OIL FREE MUMIA HASTE MAKES SCREEN DOOR IN A BATTLESHIP