PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite zelda dungeon?

idontknow
06-14-2007, 06:51 PM
What is your favorite zelda dungeon of all the recent console zelda games? That is to say, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, & Twilight Princess.

mrz84
06-14-2007, 08:05 PM
I'd say Spirit Temple cause I liked fighting the Iron Knuckles and Twinrova. :kitty:

phattonez
06-14-2007, 08:21 PM
I really liked Hyrule Castle from Twilight Princess. It was so big, but it was fast, easy, and I never got into that one locked room . . .

Dark Knight
06-14-2007, 09:51 PM
I have to say the Water Temple from OoT was my favorite. It was super challenging, taking me 4 days to complete the first time through. Yet...the solution for getting through the temple was easy...one of those "It's so simple it'll take you forever to figure out" kind of things.

Orion
06-14-2007, 11:41 PM
I'd have to go with the Forest temple *barely* over the Spirit temple in OoT. But my all-time favorite is the Eagle's Tower in Link's Awakening :)

Pineconn
06-14-2007, 11:42 PM
I really liked Hyrule Castle from Twilight Princess. It was so big, but it was fast, easy, and I never got into that one locked room . . .

I'm willing to bet you never got into the graveyard in Hyrule Castle, did you? There's a dig spot next to the pillars with propellers out in the side courtyard. There be a key out there.

My fav Zelda dungeon is the Great Bay Temple. It's very complex and I love how you change the flow of the water in the entire dungeon numerous times. And just getting there is a ton of fun.

Second place, I'd say Snowpeak Ruins. Third, Snowhead Temple. (I like snowy/icy dungeons.)

MANDRAG GANON
06-15-2007, 05:46 PM
difficult choice for me, I liked alot of them. Ultimately I chose the spirit temple from OOT though.

vegeta1215
06-15-2007, 07:22 PM
Stone Tower Temple from Majora's Mask.

A few of my favorites from non 3D Zelda games are the Catfish's Maw and Eagle's Tower dungeons from Link's Awakening... actually that whole game really ;)

I thought it was a neat dungeon, but kind of a let down for being a "final" dungeon. I did like taking on a few Iron Knuckles at one time though.

Pineconn
06-15-2007, 09:46 PM
I was thoroughly disappointed by one aspect of Hyrule Castle. The point when you go outside, and you get pinpointed by some Lizalfos and Bulblin Archers. Just when I was thinking, "Yeah, this looks like fun!", those four adventurers just had to ruin it by killing them all. :rolleyes:

But that rocket laucher would have been a cool Zelda item. :giggle:

phattonez
06-15-2007, 10:42 PM
I was thoroughly disappointed by one aspect of Hyrule Castle. The point when you go outside, and you get pinpointed by some Lizalfos and Bulblin Archers. Just when I was thinking, "Yeah, this looks like fun!", those four adventurers just had to ruin it by killing them all. :rolleyes:

But that rocket laucher would have been a cool Zelda item. :giggle:

I was just going to snipe the archers and then beat the other guys pretty easily.

I really enjoyed Gerudo Desert before you get into that dungeon. So many enemies, so much fun.

erm2003
06-15-2007, 11:11 PM
For me it's a close one. I really liked the Arbiter's Grounds in TP. It had a variety of puzzles since it was the first full dungeon you explore after you gain the ability to become a wolf at any time. The spinner added a nice element toward the end too. The boss battle was a bit more unique as well.

My favorite out of the list though has to be the Spirit Temple from OoT. Nice puzzles and the fact that you have to play it as both young Link and adult Link adds a nice element to it as well.

Cloral
06-17-2007, 07:08 PM
I liked the puzzles in the Earth Temple in WW.

I think this would've worked a bit better if it was broken down on a per-game basis. I.e. what is your favorite dungeon in OoT?

ZeldaFan001
06-25-2007, 02:05 AM
Stone Tower Temple is the best Zelda dungeon ever created.

I'd also have to say Spirit Temple in OOT is second

SpacemanDan
06-26-2007, 12:07 PM
I liked the water temple in OoT. I like to explore through it. Of course, my favourite part is fighting Dark Link! :D

SpykStorm
06-26-2007, 01:17 PM
I picked Temple of Time in TP becouse I liked the theme to it:)

Van Halen Man
06-27-2007, 11:09 PM
For me it was between the Hyrule Castle in TP, and the Spirit Temple, in OoT(obviously).
Originally posted by phatttonez

I never got in there either, so if anyone knows how to, it would be great to know.

erm2003
06-27-2007, 11:12 PM
When you are on the outside part of the castle, right in the beginning, go back to the part where you need to use the boomerang. Look around in that area for a place to dig along one of the walls. The extra key can be found in this hidden area.

Van Halen Man
06-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Oh, thankyou, what is in there anyways? Anything exciting?

erm2003
06-27-2007, 11:31 PM
Not really. You may end up needing a few things like arrows at that point, but since it's right before the final battles, it's really a waste. Who needs things like more rupees at this point in the game? At least you will have unlocked everything in the castle though...

SpykStorm
06-28-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm willing to bet you never got into the graveyard in Hyrule Castle, did you? There's a dig spot next to the pillars with propellers out in the side courtyard. There be a key out there.
It took me 2 hours to find that stupid key!!