PDA

View Full Version : More Shop Slots, Please?

ShadowTiger
06-14-2007, 06:25 PM
I feel kind of awkward for asking, but ... ... can we please have more shop slots? ._o' Sixteen just really isn't nearly enough, particularly when you're looking through NeoFirst, trying to put in all these neat new ammo items, but you don't have anywhere to put them. I mean, let's face it, with the addition of the item editor, things are going to start heating up fast. We'll eventually see Morrowind-like quests. Those NEED large shop types.

The_Amaster
06-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Wait, do you mean number of shops, or number of items the shops hold?

I personally wouldn't mind both.

ShadowTiger
06-14-2007, 07:27 PM
Three items per shop is currently sufficient, I suppose, though obviously, it'd be nice to have more. We just need more shops to HOST these items. I.e. right now we have 0-16 (or 15...) slots for these shops. It'd be very nice to have 255 slots rather than just 16 or 17.

_L_
06-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Oh hey, didn't we discuss this some time earlier? And I agreed to do something about it?

Shoelace
06-15-2007, 07:00 AM
I think that was actually DFW that asked for this and that is who you told you would do it. But I also a supporter of this cause. :P

ShadowTiger
06-15-2007, 05:04 PM
Completely off topic:

* If Link doesn't have enough magic to use a ring, his sprite isn't drawn in the ring's paletteMay require a quest rule. Just because your green armor lacks magic doesn't mean the armor changes color. It just doesn't have the power to continue the enchantment.

_L_
06-16-2007, 07:45 AM
Well, I was using TP's Magic Armor as the precedent, even though the magic-powered Ring doesn't drain Magic per frame. For what it's worth, the Link Tile Modifier (if any) will still work.

beefster09
06-16-2007, 04:47 PM
Don't forget about being able to name them at the questmaker's convenience. It's pretty annoying to have to remember which shops are what #. I'd also be pretty nice to just have it on a per screen basis. Then again, it could be annoying if you have 50 identical shops.

255 types with names is more than generous considering there isn't a ton of room for shops.

erm2003
06-16-2007, 05:27 PM
Agreed. Naming the shop types will make it easier to keep things organized. If that happens though, would there be anyway to make it so when you select the shop type of the screen it can be a drop down menu tied back to the main shops list instead of just asking you for the value of the shop number? This would be helpful for both regular and potion shops as well.

cbailey78
06-18-2007, 09:51 PM
I totally agree on that one too! It DEFINITELY would make it organized on naming shop types and have it a drop down menu when assigning a shop type!

zcAmazing
06-19-2007, 12:28 AM
Agreed! Also, do the same for Info types.