PDA

View Full Version : My life story abridged, and big personal changes underway

Mitsukara
06-14-2007, 01:53 PM
Some of you know me well, and some of you not so much, and some in-between. I've been around AGN since 2000 but come and gone quite a bit.

Below I'm going to detail some history on who I am and talk about what I'm doing now. If such things disinterest you, feel free not to read.

My parents are charismatic/non-denomational/pentecostal/"those nutjobs" christians, the type who believe in speaking in tongues, laying hands on people, healing the sick, falling in the floor, and other "holy spirit" stuff. I... don't. At all. They might be right but I doubt it.

In my younger years I listened to everything they said and followed whatever they told me to do, which was helped by them homeschooling me and giving me no social outlet but sporadic church visits. However, when I was 11, I didn't realize it, but things started to change. Not only that, but there were things about myself I wasn't being honest with myself about, because of how my parents had trained (controlled) me.

One of the first changes was my joining AGN. It seemed a simple thing; I was curious, poking around the Zelda Classic site- I was and still am very impressed with what Zelda Classic is- and found the forums. I was inspired to join mostly by the (now gone) game ideas forum, and so I started hanging around and posting. I was scared of what my parents would think so I never showed them or mentioned it.

Then of course I started getting in arguements at AGN, because I was pigheaded as hell and certain people liked to mess with me XD So I got fed up and left in early 2001.

Then puberty hit. Oh shit.

Puberty felt BAD. I mean like, not like a physical injury, not like social shame, but WRONG. It was a catalyst that made me reexamine everything about myself, because I very quickly started to feel like I really REALLY didn't want to be male. I decided to explore and think about everything, but when I remembered I'd heard once on TV that it was possible for someone to change their sex, I was curious so I researched it. I found the wonder http://www.transsexual.org , which gave me a lot of information on the subject. The more I thought about it and explored myself, the more I not only realized how badly- reaching back even to childhood, as well as I can vaguely recall- that I'd wanted to be a girl. I also strived to be more and more open minded, to ask questions and to think about things, to be polite and respectful and nice to people instead of the bigheaded, opinionated thing I'd been.

I returned to AGN and tried to pass off for a while that I was female, and while some people believed me, I lacked detailed understanding of certain physical things and I didn't really feel good about lying long-term when I didn't need to anyway, so while I enjoyed the experiment it gave me- another thing that reinforced my feelings- I decided to open up about it all in late 2001/early 2002/whenever that was. Since then, I've been babbling everything straight ouf my mind onto AGN quite a bit, mostly, save for the coming and going of course (I tend to hang out at certain other places more, most primarily certain IRC channels).

AGN was also where I met the first person I fell in love with, the person I mention in my signature, who went by "balzac" here. I'll be brief about it and just say that while he had flaws and was in a lot of hurt and did a terrible thing in the end (which could've been much worse, and I mean no disrespect towards that; other people could've died, and in his wrecked state he may well have been trying to do that), I was aware of all this (well, I wasn't aware of what was going to happen in advance, but still), and still believed- and believe today- that there was a good side to him even so. My time talking with him was wonderful and we were very close, and I am eternally greatful for what we shared. I love him, and it's one of the reasons I really hope there's an afterlife- I hope that somehow, we'll get to meet again.

It's also given me my belief that there is no absolute evil in the world (or at least in individual people); just that people who are hurt and damaged can do terrible things. It explains nearly everything people do, and changes my whole perspective in a good way I think.

Through him I also met one of my very best, closest, dearest friends: Amber. She doesn't come around AGN much anymore due to being relly busy and I think because of having had some bad experiences with it. I love and respect her very much, and she's helped me through some very hard things (right up through today even).

Since that time I've been recovering from the pain of what happened, and I think I'm doing fairly well now. I've also gotten closer and closer with a friend I met all the way back in 2000, another AGN member ironically, who used to go by "Skeeve22" and "Kingarthur" (she now goes by Sarria; she doesn't hang around AGN at all anymore). We developed from vague friends to closer and closer friends, and finally we fell in love with one another. I have high hopes that our relationship will be very good in person, and I'll be finding out soon.

And now it's been seven years since all this began. It's crazy how much a "simple videogame forum" impacted my life, but I am thankful for it.

Tomorrow, my life will change forever. I hope it will be in a good way.

After a lot of thinking, arguing with myself, asking for advice which I've sometimes followed, sometimes not, self-exploration, consideration, planning, re-planning, and so on, I finally came to a decision and made a plan with Sarria (and before anyone suggests she pushed me into it, I'd have to say we're pretty equally responsible, and most of it was my suggestion and on my terms).

I am moving to Bremerton (it's next to Seattle, across a fairly small/easily traversed bay) with her. Just packing up my stuff, getting everything ready, and going.

My method isn't the best thing I could ask for, but after several months of consideration of options it really was the safest compromise I could think of. Basically I'm sneaking out of the house while my parents are gone, leaving behind a letter for them and my family about what I've done and why (although not telling them where I'm going for safety). I felt this secrecy neccesary because my parents actually threatened me once when they got suspicious of me at age 12, and have generally shown a negative, potentially violent attitude about "gays". I don't trust them- I can't trust them.

I have a bit over $1000 left from my savings from my first job (five months at Wal Mart cashiering/overnight people greeting) after paying for my airplane ticket and co-paying on the initial apartment cost (which I offered to do myself, BTW). That's my cushion. I also have an immediate idea of where I should be able to get a job, a backup option, and if somehow those fail I have the credential of having worked at wal mart and left on good terms should I need to work at another (bleah though!). I'm keeping somewhere from 4 luggages to several boxes of stuff depending on whether we can get to a post office or not (and whether I ever finish my packing! it's TOMORROW and I've done an abysmal amount! talk about cutting it close...! And here I'm typing on AGN! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!), which won't include my shitty computer. I can easily buy a better computer than this fairly cheap (Windows ME, PII, three physical hard drives that only add up to about 20GB, and other equivalent quality parts?), plus I can use Sarria's for a while, plus I've already gotten an offer from someone to help me build a new one and supply parts for it which might work out pretty well if they're really okay with doing such a thing as they say.

And Seattle is like, the best place ever to be a transsexual. It's as liberal as San Francisco, has firm anti-discrimination laws, domestic partnerships are available to homosexual couples which seem to me to basically be marriage by another name, it has a great bisexual/gay/lesbian/transsexual center including this semi-famous Ingersol place... it's like San Francisco only sane and not located on a geological fault line (though there is Mt. St. Helens). It's also a great place to a geeky otaku as I am, I hear.

I'm scared, but also excited, but also need to get my butt moving and paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack. Wish me luck! ^.^

Also, if Lilith is reading this, thank you for your advice and while I know you're leery of this, I appreciate your concern, suggestions, and will at least try to learn from what you told me about.

Masamune
06-14-2007, 02:05 PM
I'd imagine that moving out on your own for the first time can be one of the most unsettling life experiences you'd have to encounter. But I'm sure things will smooth over once you're all setup. Best of luck to you though. :)

moocow
06-14-2007, 02:16 PM
Just don't forget to call me... Even if I don't answer my phone, leave me a message and let me know that you're okay.

Good luck, Kara :)

biggiy05
06-14-2007, 03:05 PM
Good luck and I hope you find the happiness you deserve in Seattle. You have a plan for when you get there which is more than I can say for a lot of people moving out. Keep in touch when you get there and things calm down.

Beldaran
06-14-2007, 03:11 PM
Dude (or dudette?) I'm sorry your parents are so ignorant.

I know that it seems crazy, but I honestly think you are doing the right thing. Your parents are crazy and won't tolerate your lifestyle. You need to get away from them. Their minds have been destroyed by religion.

I grew up near Seattle, and I agree with your assesment. As long as you can tolerate the shitty weather, it's the perfect place for someone like you.

Prrkitty
06-14-2007, 05:17 PM
You already know my thoughts... plus I'll only be about 3 hours from where you will be settling in. So... blessings... happiness and lots of love and support for you and your future.

Love ya hon...

Aegix Drakan
06-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Good luck with the move/escape!

I hope everything works out for you Jen. You're a great poster and a very nice person, so I wish you all the best!

And I hope your parents wake up to the fact that everyone is different in their own way, and that being different isn't wrong.

When you get there, make sure to let us all know, 'k?

*Two-fingered-peace-sign-Salute*

mrz84
06-14-2007, 06:31 PM
I gota say that that was quite a read. Here's hoping you have a great flight. :kitty: And if anybody tries to stop you, throw a cat at their face. They'll leave ya alone. :kitty:

phattonez
06-14-2007, 06:53 PM
Good luck with everything. I hope that you find what you're looking for.

The_Amaster
06-14-2007, 06:53 PM
As everyone else has said, good luck. Hope you find a happier, fuller life in Seattle than where you are now. If my parents were like yours, and I was oriented like you, I would probably run too.

VEL
06-14-2007, 08:05 PM
Good luck I hope everything works out for you. :)

Lilith
06-14-2007, 10:49 PM
Good luck, I'm sorry for your parents being crazy and having to leave them this way :( I might end up in Seattle too in the next couple of years fyi. Also be careful and give updates, also if something goes HORRIBLY WRONG you can pm me for phone # :D good luuuuck

Gerudo
06-14-2007, 11:03 PM
You have the support of all your friends at that certain irc channel you frequent. I hope and pray that things go as you plan them. If possible, be sure to update someone so they can relay messages to the rest of us.

moocow
06-15-2007, 09:23 AM
You have the support of all your friends at that certain irc channel you frequent. I hope and pray that things go as you plan them. If possible, be sure to update someone so they can relay messages to the rest of us.

She's going to call me. Goofball.

Mitsukara
06-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Wow. When I posted this thread, I didn't really give a whole lot of thought to what kind of reply I would get- mostly I'd just been planning to make such a post here whenever I left ever since way back when.

All of your kind words and real support make me very happy. Thank you. ^.^

It's the big day now and she's going to get here in roughly 10-13 hours. I'm scared shitless and STILL not really done packing.

Sleep didn't happen exactly. I was working on stuff and the sun came up, and I got tired and hungry so I went to set down an eat pop tarts and kinda dozed for an hour. Now I'm up and going to get back to sorting/packing in a minute I guess.

So.. .yeah. Again, thank you all very much, I really appreciate it ^^ *bows*

KJAZZ
06-16-2007, 01:28 AM
Good luck. Hope it all works out in the end for you.

Dechipher
06-16-2007, 02:25 AM
This thread is totally going to be archived...

Prrkitty
06-16-2007, 02:18 PM
So everyone knows... Mooie got a call last night (she missed the call because she couldn't get to it in time but Mitsy DID leave voice mail).

Mitsy has LEFT THE BUILDING!! <giggle>

She's out safe and sound... :)

biggiy05
06-16-2007, 02:34 PM
So everyone knows... Mooie got a call last night (she missed the call because she couldn't get to it in time but Mitsy DID leave voice mail).

WTF moo? You're so lazy, can't even pick up your phone!

<3

Aegix Drakan
06-17-2007, 07:07 PM
She made it out ok? That's good to hear.

Glitch
06-18-2007, 02:48 PM
So a male to female tranny fell inlove with another male to female tranny?

wow.

Mitsukara
06-19-2007, 06:52 PM
I am indeed now in Seattle (Bremerton actually), settling in, and pretty much everything is good right now. I'm getting comfortable with everything and really starting to get used to it, and I have to say I feel much, much better than I have in... at the very least, a looooooong time.

At first things were very intimidating being physically around Sarria, but that went away surprisingly quickly. Unlike I was expecting, our personal relationship never felt like there was a reset button pressed except for my generally being shy and awkward XD There have been no nasty surprises, no secrets that I know of at this point, and if there are they probably aren't too bad.

Which is to say, yes, we are very much in love and very happy now. ^.^

Living space wise... holy crap this apartment is nice! A living room, a kitchen which isn't even terribly small, a hallway with a small storage room, bathroom, and two bedrooms, and all but the bathroom and kitchen are covered in really nice, good carpet. Everything works that I've tried so far, the shower is bigger than my parent's crappy one (and no f'ing window like theirs had. Who the fuck said "lololol letz put teh window in teh shower loooool"? It was high enough to not show much, but geez!), and just in general this place is awesome.

Seattle/Bremerton itself is very cool. I've done almost no shopping yet, but I like what I've seen so far and I've yet to see the real cool stuff from what I understand. There's also trees everywhere, which is awesome, and the weather has been nice and cool (it was in the 50s when we got in. This is JUNE! 50s! In Texas there's like 4 months where you have any possibility of temperatures that low, and June is not even sort of one of them). It's been cloudy a bit- which I like- but even when it's sunny, it's a nice sunny, not a blinding super skin cancer ultra high UV type sunlight that always made me confused about why people say sunlight is nice. I'm beginning to understand XD

I've got to say this is the right direction to have jet lag in, too. It's always earlier than I expected, so I have more time than I thought I did XD

I got all of my stuff that I really care about (including all my computer data), and am using a computer which will eventually be set up primarily for my use (and makes my old computer look like shit. In fact, stats time!

<•OS/Build: Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (5.1 - 2600)•>
<•CPU Info: 1-AMD , 1776MHz, 512KB•>
<•RAM Usage: 441/1024MB (43.07&#37;)•>
<•Hard Drive Info: C:\ (105.67GB Free, 114.48GB Total), D:\ (8.61GB Free, 149.04GB Total), F:\ (External drive) (38.69GB Free, 74.50GB Total)•>

Yay!) And we just got Comcast Cable internet set up last night. I've yet to take full advantage of it, though.

So yes, everything is very good indeed. Now to start working on things and living and such! <3

erm2003
06-19-2007, 06:58 PM
I am glad things are working out well for you Jennifer!

Lilith
06-19-2007, 07:05 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Amaster
06-19-2007, 07:09 PM
Wow, sounds like it's going great. Seems like your new life is near perfect.

Beldaran
06-19-2007, 08:15 PM
I think it's funny that all the things that inspired you to move from Texas to Seattle inspired me to move from Seattle to Texas. hah!

I'm glad it's working out. Seattle's a hip town, full of weirdos and just general good times.

To be honest, I kind of miss it. ... I don't miss the cold ass winters though. Fuck that shit.

Aegix Drakan
06-19-2007, 10:49 PM
Alright! good to hear your "escape" was successful!

I hope your new life is much better and more fulfilling than your old one.

Good luck Jen!

And keep on posting!

AlexMax
06-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Excellent work, and good job for getting the cajones to get the hell out from under that abusive household.

moocow
06-20-2007, 11:59 PM
Jen, I am beyond happy for you. Really, I am. <3

mrz84
06-21-2007, 10:10 AM
Congrats to your journey being a safe and successful one. Many happy days for you in the future. :kitty:

Dechipher
06-21-2007, 12:50 PM
I am indeed now in Seattle (Bremerton actually), settling in, and pretty much everything is good right now. I'm getting comfortable with everything and really starting to get used to it, and I have to say I feel much, much better than I have in... at the very least, a looooooong time.

At first things were very intimidating being physically around Sarria, but that went away surprisingly quickly. Unlike I was expecting, our personal relationship never felt like there was a reset button pressed except for my generally being shy and awkward XD There have been no nasty surprises, no secrets that I know of at this point, and if there are they probably aren't too bad.

Which is to say, yes, we are very much in love and very happy now. ^.^

Living space wise... holy crap this apartment is nice! A living room, a kitchen which isn't even terribly small, a hallway with a small storage room, bathroom, and two bedrooms, and all but the bathroom and kitchen are covered in really nice, good carpet. Everything works that I've tried so far, the shower is bigger than my parent's crappy one (and no f'ing window like theirs had. Who the fuck said "lololol letz put teh window in teh shower loooool"? It was high enough to not show much, but geez!), and just in general this place is awesome.

Seattle/Bremerton itself is very cool. I've done almost no shopping yet, but I like what I've seen so far and I've yet to see the real cool stuff from what I understand. There's also trees everywhere, which is awesome, and the weather has been nice and cool (it was in the 50s when we got in. This is JUNE! 50s! In Texas there's like 4 months where you have any possibility of temperatures that low, and June is not even sort of one of them). It's been cloudy a bit- which I like- but even when it's sunny, it's a nice sunny, not a blinding super skin cancer ultra high UV type sunlight that always made me confused about why people say sunlight is nice. I'm beginning to understand XD

I've got to say this is the right direction to have jet lag in, too. It's always earlier than I expected, so I have more time than I thought I did XD

I got all of my stuff that I really care about (including all my computer data), and am using a computer which will eventually be set up primarily for my use (and makes my old computer look like shit. In fact, stats time!

<•OS/Build: Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 2 (5.1 - 2600)•>
<•CPU Info: 1-AMD , 1776MHz, 512KB•>
<•RAM Usage: 441/1024MB (43.07%)•>
<•Hard Drive Info: C:\ (105.67GB Free, 114.48GB Total), D:\ (8.61GB Free, 149.04GB Total), F:\ (External drive) (38.69GB Free, 74.50GB Total)•>

Yay!) And we just got Comcast Cable internet set up last night. I've yet to take full advantage of it, though.

So yes, everything is very good indeed. Now to start working on things and living and such! <3
DONT go shopping. You need to save all of your money. Your first time on your own and alll, you get all excited, you're like whoa I have 700 dollars. Let's go get this, let's go get that. Then you're borrowing money just so you can get a double quarter pounder with cheese.
Or maybe I'm just retarded.

biggiy05
06-21-2007, 12:52 PM
DONT go shopping. You need to save all of your money. Your first time on your own and alll, you get all excited, you're like whoa I have 700 dollars. Let's go get this, let's go get that. Then you're borrowing money just so you can get a double quarter pounder with cheese.
Or maybe I'm just retarded.

lmao.....he does have a point. Just not sure where the double quarter pounder falls into place.

Mitsukara
06-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Yes, I'm keeping a close eye on my money. I'm also going to get a job ASAP.

So far, the main continuous financial thing we have to wory about is the approximately $610 rent. That covers water and electricity and cable TV, although there's also the matter of paying for the cable internet (I'm not sure how much that is, I need to ask Sarria).

I have about $570 and Sarria gets her paycheck on Friday (before the rent needs payed). We SHOULD be well covered AFAIK.

Buit I try not to underestimate how easy it is to screw such things up, too. My main general concerns at this point are:

Keeping things this way (money/job/etc etc)
Sarria and my's personal health (mentally/emotionally/physically)
Personal/self improvement in general

The only other thing I'm really worried about at this point is whatever happens to the remains of my relationship with my family. That's mostly their choice at this point, so I just have to be brave enough to see what happens and possibly to reach out to some of them (via phone and such).

So.... yeah.

The_Amaster
06-21-2007, 11:16 PM
Keeping things this way (money/job/etc etc)
Sarria and my's personal health (mentally/emotionally/physically)
Personal/self improvement in general

It's like playing The Sims!:kawaii:

punkonjunk1024
07-05-2007, 07:21 AM
aw man, you are seriously a gold star for all people like you. If more homosexuals or transexuals were like you, bigotry couldn't exist.
I always thought you were a chick, but I thought you were totally awesome.
I'm confused, though - So are you actually a physical transexual now? Or are you going to have an operation later? Also, sarria is a male-to-female, or an actual female? Sorry if this is all too personal, if you'd like to carry this on in a PM, or tell me to blow off, I'd understand as I just pretty much returned and shit.

But holy shit dude, your parents got owned. I'm really happy everything is working out. Your living my and about 400 other kid's dreams - to have actually abandoned mom and dad without even a lead-up, in the middle of the night.

Good fucking job, dude.

Dechipher
07-05-2007, 12:59 PM
lmao.....he does have a point. Just not sure where the double quarter pounder falls into place.

There's a McDonalds within walking distance of my house, and I don't own a car, so if I'm hungry, all I gotta do is get 4 quarters a nickel and 2 pennies in order to eat.

DarkDragoonX
07-05-2007, 03:54 PM
... It's been cloudy a bit...

Seattle is the Incessant Nagging Overcast Drizzle City. Expect to see a lot of clouds.

Nice to see everything's working out for you, though! :) (<-- And I *never* use smilies... you better appreciate it!)