PDA

View Full Version : Dungeon impossible-I've gone too far (expert demo)

Gleeok
06-14-2007, 06:14 AM
***UPDATE***
Alright, here is the REVISED version. ..well the third revised edition to be precise. I'll still leave the original in case someone can crack it...but I dought it. Anyway:

Dungeon impossible furthermore is lv3, and is now Dungeon more possible...but still fucking ridiculous...Seriously, it's 2.5 ridiculous. Screenshots!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/Gleeok9/zelda012.png-http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/Gleeok9/zelda013.png

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/Gleeok9/zelda011.png-http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/Tiamat_AD/zelda004.png

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/Tiamat_AD/zelda003.png-http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/Tiamat_AD/zelda005.png

The two Custom bosses of level 3, The Goriya Archmage and Stoneman. And good job if you can beat this. Haha! ..Don't worry, it's beatable now.

*Hints B1- find the red potion close to the start.

*Hints B2- It is now very much a maze, more so than before. While the old walkthrough will still hold up there are MANY shortcuts now. In fact, the old walkthrough is basically taking the long way about it.

There are now save points, you can't miss them. You can save your game there, or return to that spot if.....well, more like WHEN you die. heehehhheeee!!

And GraveDemo584 (http://www.mediafire.com/?4zspdnxz0ac)
Use 2.5 b584 to play this and ...Good luck! Yooooou'll need it. (yeah it's basically like the ZC version of Smash TV)

================================================== =====================
-The original Demo-

Well i've finally done it. I've created a dungeon so ridiculously sinister, it made me think 'seeing how many toothpicks I could stick up my nose' sounds like more fun than playing through this level for a second time, and now i'm thinking that's gotta be changed. But before I do anything rash, i'm just wondering how many ZC players can beat it. (i won't hold my breath ;P)

When I designed this a month ago, I purposely did all the "mystery" stuff last, and as fast as I could so I wouldn't remember the way through. Well I won't be doing that again anytime soon.

So without further rambling, I give you the "Gods of Goriya" level demo. http://www.mediafire.com/?3tiiqli1wx0 The idea behind this was that, is was an optional level where you could only obtain the boomerang from early in the game, lest it be lost forever. I know, it's evil. ;) and believe me, it's HARD. I have beaten it though, as I wouldn't have others play something I myself couldn't ascend. for b364 or higher.

Anyone up for a challenge?

Oh yes, it's basically a heavily modified custom DemoEX tileset BTW.

EDIT: forgot clues....ah whatever, just ask if you need to. ;P

Pineconn
06-15-2007, 09:58 PM
Let's try this. Hopefully it is difficult by means of design and not, like, you'll-die-so-many-times difficult.

DarkDragon
06-15-2007, 11:11 PM
How the HELL do you get through the red wizzrobes?

Gleeok
06-16-2007, 04:41 AM
Sweet Jesus, people are actually playing this godforsaken quest!

Believe me guys, I was bangin my head on this one for hours. I could actually hear the game laughing at me, mocking me, telling me "don't go through THAT door, that's the dirty door". But I have beaten you! Who's laughing now. Mwahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!!!

-And it has been changed. There are now hints, fairies, multiple paths to proceed, less "dead ends", less friggin GORIYA's, and you can play through it later in the game when you have the bow. (the bow helps alot) ...You can see why this dugeon was supposed to be optional...

-Bah! I still think their are plenty of gamers that can shred through this level. Maybe some kind of reward...how about the give Gleeok a stupid SIG contest. whereas the first to win spams up my sig with whatever they want...haha...... ...hmmm, how bad could it be???

Let's try this. Hopefully it is difficult by means of design and not, like, you'll-die-so-many-times difficult.

Hehehehe...

How the HELL do you get through the red wizzrobes?

Man, why does everybody have problems with the desynced wizzrobes? Lets see...
OK, your basically on a one second clock when you first enter the room. Attack, drop a bomb, move. If you get into trouble, bomb-run into one(you'll only take 1/2 heart damage as opposed to 2) then block the magic from the other direction with the shield.
Once a few of them have fallen it's clean-up time. They will always spawn on a line of X or Y to links position, so you can bait them fairly easily. Running into a corner is not recomended, and if one spawns next to you, you can get two sword attacks in before it fires.
Hmm...there's other strategies as well, but running around alot is probably the worst way to go about it.
Heh, I love to see people panick and freak out when they run into the de synced wizzrobes for the first time. Does that make me a bad person?

_L_
06-16-2007, 07:30 AM
I should probably make desynched Wizzrobes an Enemy Editor option. I'll make misc6 of the "Phasing Enemy" be their delay before initially appearing.

And while I'm at it, I think I might make a "Fake out" misc9 option for the Phasing Enemy, where it sometimes disappears as soon as it appears.

Gleeok
06-16-2007, 08:02 AM
I should probably make desynched Wizzrobes an Enemy Editor option. I'll make misc6 of the "Phasing Enemy" be their delay before initially appearing.

And while I'm at it, I think I might make a "Fake out" misc9 option for the Phasing Enemy, where it sometimes disappears as soon as it appears.

:giggle: Holy poop man, that'd be awesome....wait! ok _L_, how about this: Combine teleporting and walking wizzrobes into one, and you'd get a blue wizzrobe that can phase out and teleport to a random location! ...and i just pee'd my pants..

erm2003
06-16-2007, 08:51 AM

I think you can already doing that by checking the Enemies Enter from Sides flag when you have Wizzrobes as your enemy. The additional option my not be necessary.

Pineconn
06-16-2007, 12:07 PM
When I got to the second enemy room, I realized that I no longer wanted to play this dungeon. :banghead:

Gleeok
06-16-2007, 11:33 PM
I think you can already doing that by checking the Enemies Enter from Sides flag when you have Wizzrobes as your enemy. The additional option my not be necessary.

I think your not realizing the potential for this. Multiple enemy types!!! The ability to have normal AND desynced wizzrobes at the same time, along with summoners that summon desynced wizzrobes!!! ...i just pee'd my pants again...plus the "enter from sides" rule doesn't work with alot of enemies, and this would fix that also. _L_ is my hero.

Also once more: Bluerobes + Redrobes = Bledrobes..Huh,huh..:naughty:

FlyingYoshi
07-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Well I've played it for a little while and it appears to me to be very linear. It mostly came down to a guessing game. If you pick the wrong door, you'd just have to quit>retry. If you pick the right door, you continue along the line. Then again, I've only gotten through about 8 screens at the time of this posting, so I may be wrong.

Gleeok
07-09-2007, 06:21 AM
It's friggin evil is what it is.
..and honestly I don't wan't anymore people playing this without a walkthrough, That's just sadistic. I mean the rooms initially were supposed to have hints scattered throughout them, I don't want people to think I design every dungeon this stupidly. Also this was the first draft of it, and I must have been smoking crack at the time. Even with the right order, it's damn near impossible. The mini-boss actually made me throw down my controller and do the whole walk into another room for no reason and walk back with an angry look thing.

So here it is, it's all I can help with:

OOO
_ OOO
__ OOO
__ OOO
__ OOO
__ OOO
_ OOO
OOO

THE MAP IS A BOOMERANG...big suprise
(I think that's right)

FROM THE START GET 2 KEYS-
then...**GO UP, RIGHT, UP, UP, UP, GET BOSS KEY.***
FROM START AGAIN-
**GO UP, LEFT, UP, UP, UP, UP, UP, then---*DOWN*---in the pink room(sorry) then LEFT, LEFT, UP to the boss.

Even with this info you'll still find that this is still possibly the hardest dungeon you'll ever play.

As always: Good luck! ;)

Toxic1210
07-10-2007, 05:21 AM
yea...the speed of it is insane.ill have fun tryin but itll take me* a long time to get though it.im good but not that good.i think itd be perfect at regular speed.leaving in the same enemies and fireballs...maybe a few more depending on how much difficulty it went down.if nothin else its a great way to kill some spare time and practice. its definitly one hell of a time.thanks for this.i always say the harder the better now ill never say it again haha.i truly know now just what zelda pain is.maybe if i ever beat it ill be good enough to whoop on death knights i think theyre called.the speedy stalfos that do 10 hearts a whack with blue ring n chase ya down shooting swords.

Rakshiba
08-01-2007, 12:00 AM
What ZC version is this quest?

Gleeok
08-01-2007, 01:35 AM
What!? Armageddon quest too easy or something?!!

..Your almost as crazy of a son-of-a-bitch as I am...hehe. I like you. ;)

Alright then go to www.shardstorm.com and download 364. Don't use a newer one! Compatability issues.

----*Warning*---- This has been confirmed by other top notch players to be possibly the hardest dungeon in ZC existance! That's probably why I have no plans to remove it just for the reason: "Oops! I accidentally made a dungeon that's impossible to beat." ...because of human error, not because of bugs.

I still find it amusing that I even made it in the first place.....AND thought it would only be moderately difficult on fighting, but difficult in puzzles. -(I never even put in the puzzles in this version)- But now it's clear: I have no idea what drugs I may have been taking at the time.

May god have mercy...

Rakshiba
08-01-2007, 02:17 AM
Arrmageddon quest is damn hard. Your right about me being crazy though. I'm taking a break form Arrmageddon, and hopefully this quest will help me sit back and relax a little* I know I'm in over my head. I just like killing myself with harder and harder chalenges.* (ahem)

Rakshiba
08-01-2007, 02:37 AM
Your dungeon makes me warm in the heart =D It's soooooo fun!!!!! Thank you for creating this incredibly hard as hell heap of joy!!!!

p.s. that room with the skull in the middle and the falling Goryia and Darknuts, you don't actualy have to complete that room do you?????!

Gleeok
08-01-2007, 02:50 AM
One of them you do, the others you don't. hehe. ;)

Seriously, if you beat it take a screenshot. I'll put it in my sig.

Rakshiba
08-01-2007, 04:26 AM
Has any one but yourself beaten it yet that you know of?

Gleeok
08-01-2007, 05:45 AM
Who would want to? :shrug: You couldn't pay me beat it again...... And i've got it memorized. It's too frustrating with the with the goal of victory. It's much funner playing it for a few whenever you feel like some intense ZC combat for no good reason! haha.

...Just curious though, how far have you gotten?

Nicholas Steel
08-01-2007, 06:17 AM
Gleeok, do you remember the the time it took you to beat it? or was it too long ago since you beaten it?

Gleeok
08-01-2007, 07:13 AM
Total...heh, i'd rather not say. Deaths...again rather not divulge that information.

Lets just wonder how long it takes to die over a hundred times.(Not including quit-continue's...which were alot.) I was totally amazed on how difficult it was, and had nothing to do that day. ;p

...again not gonna say exactally. BUT it tops armageddon,new,new2,jq1,jq2, and any other quest I played this year combined for deaths.

I tried to make a new tactic (one I have down now) new to zc. The order enemies must be killed. This was my first draft of it. Not so great.

EDIT: http://www1.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php?26887af20ecbb2b48043361da5a3ec532g.jpg

Heh, just been playing it for a half hour. This is as far as I could get....

Good luck with that.

Rakshiba
08-01-2007, 11:16 AM
On my first try, I got the first left and right rooms perfect(no damage) Then kept running into those pesky death rooms... I'm curous. Don't tell me if you don't want to spoil your quests fun level but, How many rooms have ring leaders?

Anarchy_Balsac
08-01-2007, 02:42 PM
The thing is. it isn't that hard it's just annoying. So many rooms that warp you back to start, then you get back to them and the enemies are back. And bomb dependant strategies are bad to implement. If the player runs out of bombs it's really no fun to have to go back kill stuff to get more. Too many of your rooms seem to depend on bombs and they make me keep having to go back and kill the mummies at the start. Goriyas do drop bombs often, but not always so there's high potential to run out of bombs and get frustrated.

Gleeok
08-02-2007, 02:01 AM
OOO
_ OOO
__ OOO
__ OOO
__ OOO
__ OOO
_ OOO
OOO

THE MAP IS A BOOMERANG...big suprise
(I think that's right)

FROM START AGAIN-
**GO UP, LEFT, UP, UP, UP, UP, UP, then---*DOWN*---in the pink room(sorry) then LEFT, LEFT, UP to the boss.

Guy's here's a walkthrough.

and...

The thing is. it isn't that hard it's just annoying. So many rooms that warp you back to start, then you get back to them and the enemies are back. And bomb dependant strategies are bad to implement. If the player runs out of bombs it's really no fun to have to go back kill stuff to get more. Too many of your rooms seem to depend on bombs and they make me keep having to go back and kill the mummies at the start. Goriyas do drop bombs often, but not always so there's high potential to run out of bombs and get frustrated.

Actually I changed all the enemies in the editor to drop bombs. 95% of them do. ;) because you need LOTS of bombs. In the end though there is no amount of bombs that can save you. :laughing:

Anarchy_Balsac
08-02-2007, 02:07 AM
Dunno why I kept running out of bombs then. But yeah, I quit after warping back to the start a 2nd time. I just figured why bother when if make a wrong turn, I start over, wether I die or not. Wasn't having too difficult a time other than being low on bombs and warped back to start though. And BTW, I can't go right after going up like the walkthrough said. Might be a glitch but when I bombed the wall no hole formed.

Gleeok
08-02-2007, 02:18 AM
If not bombable the walk through the wall. ;)

Good luck with the miniboss rooms. ;P

Anarchy_Balsac
08-29-2007, 12:42 AM
FROM START AGAIN-

I took another shot at this today, 2 problems with this:

1.Going UP RIGHT UP UP UP gets you a leave your money or your life room, not a boss key(though the bomb shooting octorocks were fun).

2. You boss path specifies a point where you go up, THEN DOWN? WTF?

Gleeok
08-29-2007, 01:16 AM
I took another shot at this today, 2 problems with this:

1.Going UP RIGHT UP UP UP gets you a leave your money or your life room, not a boss key(though the bomb shooting octorocks were fun).

Yep, go up. And don't stop going up till you get the boss key. Trust me. ;)

2. You boss path specifies a point where you go up, THEN DOWN? WTF?

Hehe...yep. Of coarse you can go another direction if you want, but don't say I didn't warn you. :D

Again this is a fun level in moderation. But an absolute nightmare if your trying to beat it. Just keep that in mind. ;)

Anarchy_Balsac
08-29-2007, 01:20 AM
Yep, go up. And don't stop going up till you get the boss key. Trust me. ;)

Ah more than 3 ups, got ya.

Hehe...yep. Of coarse you can go another direction if you want, but don't say I didn't warn you. :D

So I take it, it's a side warp?

Again this is a fun level in moderation. But an absolute nightmare if your trying to beat it. Just keep that in mind. ;)

I'm sure I can do it, but it does have a learning curve, which is good. A good dungeon requires time to master.

Gleeok
08-29-2007, 01:29 AM
So I take it, it's a side warp?

Yes, I believe this dungeon is the current world record holder for side warps per room capita.

I'm sure I can do it, but it does have a learning curve, which is good. A good dungeon requires time to master.

I will quote this to the press when tonights top story is: "Man commited to insane asylum from playing ZC." He was last heard mumbling to himself "it's not possible...It's purple! Purple I tell you, Purple!!!"

Have fun ;)

After a little bit I will update this demo to include the new redesigned level(maybe some others) as it's much more playable to everyone, not just crazy people. It's alot funner now and has save rooms and lots of bosses as usual.

-N

Anarchy_Balsac
08-29-2007, 01:50 AM
I will quote this to the press when tonights top story is: "Man commited to insane asylum from playing ZC." He was last heard mumbling to himself "it's not possible...It's purple! Purple I tell you, Purple!!!"

Shows what you know, it's not purple, it's PINK ;).

After a little bit I will update this demo to include the new redesigned level(maybe some others) as it's much more playable to everyone, not just crazy people. It's alot funner now and has save rooms and lots of bosses as usual.

-N

Now now, you created the "save point" with the boss key thing did you not(get the boss key, save, then beat the latter half)? You are giving too much leeway now, way too much.

Gleeok
09-30-2007, 02:08 AM
***UPDATE***

Dungeon impossible furthermore is lv3, and is now Dungeon more possible...but still fucking ridiculous...Seriously, it's 2.5 ridiculous. Screenshots!

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/Gleeok9/zelda012.png-http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/Gleeok9/zelda013.png

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/Gleeok9/zelda011.png-http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/Tiamat_AD/zelda004.png

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/Tiamat_AD/zelda003.png-http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee138/Tiamat_AD/zelda005.png

The two Custom bosses of level 3, The Goriya Archmage and Stoneman. And good job if you can beat this. Haha! ..Don't worry, it's beatable now.

*Hints B1- find the red potion close to the start.

*Hints B2- It is now very much a maze, more so than before. While the old walkthrough will still hold up there are MANY shortcuts now. In fact, the old walkthrough is basically taking the long way about it.

There are now save points, you can't miss them. You can save your game there, or return to that spot if.....well, more like WHEN you die. heehehhheeee!!

And GraveDemo584 (http://www.mediafire.com/?4zspdnxz0ac)

Use 2.5 b584 to play this and ...Good luck! Yooooou'll need it. (yeah it's basically like the ZC version of Smash TV)

Anarchy_Balsac
09-30-2007, 02:10 AM
***UPDATE***

Dungeon impossible furthermore is lv3,

Well yeah, I figured that out when the screenshots were posted in the screenshot thread.

Gleeok
09-30-2007, 06:10 AM
Whew! I just went through and beat it for the first time, and those Goriya aren't messing around. Death count- 12. I do concur this version is absolutely playable now, and is very much possible to beat. I feel I should give a few more hints though.

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/Gleeok9/zelda014.png

Dont get hit by the energy beam!!! It hurts....mommy it hurts.
There is none of this "triggering secrets in some order to open up enemy weak points" nonsense with this one. He's got over 400 HP and that's not including the mass amounts of missles, plasma balls, enemies, and energy beams during the battle.

Also, Hint 4: For the love of God, save a blue potion for the Goriya Archmage!
...and you think lv3 homing boomerangs are tough....

Also i'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on the graphics, enemies, bosses, too many scripts..not enough, needs more enemies.....jk, etc.

Din
09-30-2007, 03:50 PM
I managed to get through it... with a death count of 20! Ouch.

Joe123
09-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Ahhhh, someone actually beat this who wasn't Gleeok or Anarchy Balsac!

I might have a go. hmm....

Gleeok
10-15-2007, 01:27 AM
I managed to get through it... with a death count of 20! Ouch.

Yeah, I don't just *give* players the boomerang for free. There's some sort of trials that goes with it. I also ended up dumbing down a few of the "holy shit!" rooms, making it possible with no potion. But before then on my second run I 3-gamed it. :D

New one coming soon. "The catacombs" ...And no, it's been called catacombs for a year now so I couldn't have got it from lost Isle...:p

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/Gleeok9/zelda025.png

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/Gleeok9/zelda026.png

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee49/Gleeok9/zelda027.png

These are starting to get ridiculous now. The good news is that I've dropped off level difficulty considerably due to the challenging custom bosses and the impossible bonus dungeon.
...I have yet to beat the damn plant boss. :angry:

But they should start getting easier now. Still not for kids(sorry kiddies) but i've toned it down a notch.

Anarchy_Balsac
10-15-2007, 02:01 AM
Hmm that seems different than either of the 2 versions of the level 2/6 blaster master boss.