PDA

View Full Version : A revival potion

XMuppetSB
06-13-2007, 11:56 AM
I've been thinking... it would be cool if there was a potion that automatically refills Link's life when his HP reaches 0. So I was wondering if the developers can implement such an item.

Linkus
06-13-2007, 12:24 PM
This sounds like a problem that can be taken care of by script. Excuse my bad knowledge of Zscript/code, but:

run void(
if LinkHP==0
Check Inventory=>z# //Revive Potion
if true(
Use Item=>z#
)
return to false;
)

Yes, I know a little of JavaScript and C++, but not enough to actually consctuct anything functional.

ShadowTiger
06-13-2007, 05:29 PM
That's true, But, the thing is, when Link's health reaches zero, Link is dead. It goes right to the death screen, or at least so I've been told. I even wrote an invincibility script that updated it every one or two frames, and constantly checked Link's health to see if it was less than maximum, and if it wasn't, it simply set it to his maximum health. That means octoroks and such couldn't damage his health at all, but a Death Knight sure as hell could kill him very easily, as just because his health regenerates instantaneously doesn't mean that he can regenerate from a blow that puts him into the proverbial negative.

If it could be programmed to have some sort of checkspace between Link having zero health and the game going to the death screen, it'd be nice. It'd probably only need a few tics/frames to do the job. Perhaps even a quest rule.

Actually, when I think about how it'd work, even that barely seems feasible.