PDA

View Full Version : Some items I'd like

idontknow
06-11-2007, 03:14 PM
1. An item that when used, the item disappears from the inventory and the screen becomes blurry (like using an "underwater" effect for a dmap) and Link's movement controls are reversed. This effect lasts for about 10 seconds. The item really has no purpose, other than being an "alcoholic" drink that Link can buy from various shops that he finds in the village of my quest.

2. An item that makes Link explodes each time the item button is pressed, causing an explosion about twice the size of a superbomb. Using this item does trigger both bomb & super bomb flags. However, using it also causes Link do receive 3 hearts-worth of damage (no matter what ring he has). This would most likely be a bomb mask or something.

3. A boomerang type item that can cut all "Flower" and "Bush" combos (as if they were struck by the sword). It also does about as much damage as the wooden sword.

4. A Useable Clock--you can only have one of these in your inventory at a tiem so it disappears after using it. When used, it freezes all enemies & even traps for about 8 seconds. However, it does not make you invulnerable so you can still get hurt!

Dan Furst
06-13-2007, 12:18 PM
1) This might work. I don't think you can make the screen wavy, currently.

int boozeflag = false;

item script Booze{
void run()
{
boozeflag = true;
}
}

ffc script BoozeUtil{
void run()
{
while(true)
{
if(boozeflag)
{
boozeflag = false;
if(Link->InputLeft)
{
Link->InputLeft = false;
Link->InputRight = true;
}
else if(Link->InputRight)
{
Link->InputRight = false;
Link->InputLeft = true;
}
else if(Link->InputUp)
{
Link->InputUp = false;
Link->InputDown = true;
}
else if(Link->InputDown)
{
Link->InputDown = false;
Link->InputUp = true;
}
}
Waitframe();
}
}
}

2) You can create and place a super bomb on the screen, but it won't be lit. I guess you could get really fancy and create a big ffc that looks like a big bomb explosion and check for combo and inherent bomb flags on the surrounding combos and also check for all enemies on screen and hurt them and do Link->HP -= 16. But even then you couldn't blow up bombable dungeon walls. I would suggest requesting that lit bombs can be placed via scripting.

3) I think this will work, but it might not make rupees and hearts appear. If not, you could randomly place them on the combo that was just cut. (That, I know is possible.)

import "std.zh"

item script Cutter_rang{
void run()
{
int x;
int y;

if(this->X &#37; 16 < 8)
{
x = this->X - (this->X % 16);
}
else
{
x = this->X + 16 - (this->X % 16);
}

if(this->Y % 16 < 8)
{
y = this->Y - (this->Y % 16);
}
else
{
y = this->Y + 16 - (this->Y % 16);
}

if(ComboT[ComboAt(x, y)] == CT_BUSH)
{
ComboT[ComboAt(x, y)] == CT_BUSHNEXT;
}
else if(ComboT[ComboAt(x, y)] == CT_SLASH)
{
ComboT[ComboAt(x, y)] == CT_SLASHNEXT;
}
else if(ComboT[ComboAt(x, y)] == CT_SLASHITEM)
{
ComboT[ComboAt(x, y)] == CTSLASHNEXTITEM;
}
}
}

4) Pretty sure you can't freeze traps, unless they are counted as NPCs, which I don't think they are. Also, if you wanted to freeze them for an amount of time, you'd need to create a supplemental FFC script that counts Waitframes(60*num_seconds).

item script UseClock{
void run()
{
int num = Screen->NumNPCs();
for(int i=1;i<num+1;i++)
{
npc n = LoadNPC(i);
n->Rate = 0;
}
}
}

So maybe I'll actually test these later ;) .