PDA

View Full Version : -Oracle Of Holodrum-

Zelda_Warrior
06-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Some of you may remember me, but I'm not very well known here. Anyways, I've been working on a new quest called The Oracle Of Holodrum. I've been working on it on and off for around 3 years and I finally got around to finishing it. It's the second of three in a series called The Chronicles Of The Oracles. They are very reminiscent to the GBA games, and use a heavily modified version of Glenn's to make it much more usable. This one in the series is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than Oracle Of Hyrule, I think so anyways. Since people like pictures, here's some below:

http://fast.filespace.org/God_Of_Pso/Labyrinth.bmp
(Lots of torches here?)

http://fast.filespace.org/God_Of_Pso/Dragon.bmp
(Looks like the Gibdos got stuck in the blocks!)

http://fast.filespace.org/God_Of_Pso/Spires.bmp
(Menacing name, isn't it?)

http://fast.filespace.org/God_Of_Pso/Ruins.bmp
(Uh... Don't know what to say...)

Anyways, that's some pictures. I copy and pasted the storyline from the readme below.:

In a kingdom far from the reaches of Hyrule, a terrible evil resides. This evil came from Hyrule, fleeing its own destruction just barely. The hero who nearly destroyed this evil went on a journey to re-discover where it fled. Going by the name of Link, they sailed very far and harshly into a country called Holodrum. Landing in a small town called Horon Village, they found a house with the door slightly open. Going inside, they found a wise man who somehow seemed to know what Link wanted. The man explained to Link that in Holodrum, the seasons were in disorder and monsters were running the place. The man told Link that an evil man called Gannon retreated to Holodrum and learned of a sacred temple. The man told Link that the temple housed a crystal that gave eternal life, but for the crystal to work you needed to break a seal to the entrance of the temple, which also morphs the season pattern. Link was also told that 8 medallions needed to be placed on the altar by the crystal for the crystal to give eternal life. Link having found Gannon again, decided to go defeat Gannon.

The pictures may take a while to load. Also, the quest is very large (15 MB) for a quest. It might take a while to download. Also, this quest CAN be played as a stand-alone game, but it is much better if you play it after the first one. (Oracle Of Hyrule.) If you want to play the first one, look at the official ZC quest database to download it. The quest is large due to many .mp3 files. Read the readme before playing the quest because it will really help. IF YOU FIND BUGS, POST THEM HERE SO I CAN FIX THEM. THIS ISN'T THE FULL VERSION. IT IS COMPLETE, BUT IT IS NOT CONSIDERED THE FINAL VERSION YET. Sorry for using caps, but it gets people to read.

Well... I think that about sums it up. I got a quick description, the pictures, and the storyline. Now, a link to the quest is below!

DOWNLOAD FULL VERSION HERE (http://www.filefactory.com/file/3d01ca/)(Version 0.70)

DOWNLOAD RAW QUEST FILE HERE (http://www.filefactory.com/file/2d03a8/)(Version 1.00)

DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS:

Ok, well first of all, click on the link. Then, look for the words: Download for free with FileFactory Basic. You can use Cntrl+F to find it on the page. It's kind of small. Then, if an advertisement shows up, click on 'SKIP ADVERTISEMENT'. Then, enter a letter code that it shows. After that, it'll start downloading. I couldn't use filespace or anything simpler because the quest is too big, so sorry for complicated instructions. After you download the first link, download the 'Raw Quest File' to update your quest file to the newest version, much like a patch to a server. (Only it's for a quest.) Overwrite the .qst file from the 0.70 version, and you're good to go.

It's saved in a winrar file. You'll need winrar to extract it.

I'm really trying to find a good spot to put the file, but since it's so big I can't find a spot that I can put it that dosen't have a bunch of ads and other stuff on it...

I have recently updated the download link with a version with slightly more bugfixes. I also uploaded a version that does not have the .mp3 music or readme in it for people who are updating versions since the old version had a critical bug in it.

-=PLEASE USE ZC BUILD 318 TO PLAY THIS QUEST!=-

diannew
06-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Where do I find download for ZC 211 Beta 18?

Dianne

elise
06-10-2007, 01:37 PM
I don't think we can cause here (http://www.shardstorm.com/)is only the 211 for Linux
hopefully zelda warrior also put a download for 211 b 18 he seems to have it ;)

diannew
06-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Thanks Elise. Guess we'll have to wait.

Zelda_Warrior
06-10-2007, 05:55 PM
I'll post a link to the version I used. I am NOT up to date on these new betas... But, when I looked at my version in Zquest it says 2.11 B 18... I'm running windows.

I'll get the link to the version i built it on when i get back home in about 1 hour

DarkDragon
06-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Beta 18 hasn't been released yet; in this context it refers to one of the (many) builds of what will become b18.

It should run fine on the latest alpha.

Zelda_Warrior
06-10-2007, 10:42 PM
To tell the truth, I have no idea what it is. I just remember seeing a link to it somewhere in some post so I just downloaded it...

Sorry about the way I released it... I hosted it on a crappy site and don't even know what beta I built it on. But like Dark Dragon said, it should work on most new alphas. I liked 2.10 the most, but I accidentally saved it into some beta.

diannew
06-11-2007, 10:55 AM
Well, I can't get it to run in any build. Any suggestions?

Dianne :confused:

elise
06-11-2007, 04:36 PM
I got it working in the latest version but have a problem I need bombs to get on and in those new alpha's you need a bombag before you can use bombs ...........thats a little problem .
I have eight bombs but can't use them ????

diannew
06-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Same here only I have 12 bombs. Thought if I played the money game, won and bought the illegal bomb bag I would be away to the races. No luck! Can't go anywhere without them.

Dianne

broken soul
06-11-2007, 06:06 PM
heil windows and zeldafan500

Zelda_Warrior
06-11-2007, 06:09 PM
Thank you a ton for telling me that. I wasn't sure. I always cheated my bombs >.>... I play them through without cheats but the problem is I always cheat the bombs because i'm too lazy to find some

I'll make the bombag in the itemlist when you start so that you can bomb the wall in the Swordless Cave. Also, just to let you know, Ancient Palace is NOT the first dungeon if you've been there and think it is.

heil windows and zeldafan500

What are you talking about?

Anyways, I also found some other small bugs since I had forgotten that some of the new features make it so that you need to change stuff. I'll release a new beta with the fixes once I re download my own quest (Accidentally got rid of it) and re upload it. I'll also try to find a better filehost, but i'm not too sure i'll be successful.

Also, if yo couldn't tell i'm not much of a person to make storylines. I just like making the quests, but I don't like storylines much. Hey, Zelda 1 had next to no storyline but it's still a pretty good game. Speaking of Zelda 1, I need to release my Zelda 1 remake I made a long time ago...

elise
06-11-2007, 07:34 PM
While you fixing bugs when you walk up from the start to the screen where you have the stair and a rock in front of it ....If you walk down that screen back south on the left side you get stuck in the next screen ;)
Is there a chance you can make two downloads one for the full package and one with only the updated quest so we don't have to have the big download twice ;)
That would be great for the people that still have a phone connection ;)
I have been in 2 and both I need bombs at this time to move on :)

Zelda_Warrior
06-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Fixed...

diannew
06-13-2007, 01:15 PM
For some reason I cannot access file factory. Could someone please email me the update either version is fine.

Thanks

[email protected]

elise
06-13-2007, 07:05 PM
FileFactory is currently undergoing scheduled maintenence. We will be back online at 6:30PM GMT. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. we have to wait :shrug:

Zelda_Warrior
06-13-2007, 08:24 PM
I had trouble getting this quest out...

I think for the next one in the series ill leave the .mp3s out, because that's the whole reason behind making it for file factory...

EDIT: Filefactory's back up

diannew
06-14-2007, 09:21 AM
Downloaded what is supposed to be the fix but still no bombs. What now?

Zelda_Warrior
06-14-2007, 12:26 PM
If you haven't, you will need to restart your savestate. All I did was change the init data to include a small bombag. So, if you haven't, redo your save. If you have, can you tell me the exact problem?

diannew
06-14-2007, 02:08 PM
If you haven't, you will need to restart your savestate. All I did was change the init data to include a small bombag. So, if you haven't, redo your save. If you have, can you tell me the exact problem?

I removed the old game and downloaded the new one. Still no bombs. I will pm you with a copy of the save file.

Dianne

diannew
06-14-2007, 02:11 PM
I will send you an email at your web site address with a copy of the save file.

diannew
06-14-2007, 02:19 PM
Web site email does not work. Any suggestions?

Zelda_Warrior
06-14-2007, 07:59 PM
Send it to [email protected].

My website hasn't got an update in 5 years. I'd like to remove it from my sig but it's nice because it has my earliest quests in it.

Don't worry, it's my spam account but I'll still be able to find it.

I really want to know why the bombs won't work. I'm not fully familiar of the new bomb system. When I tested it legitly, it worked for me.

diannew
06-17-2007, 02:08 PM
I am still stuck without bombs, even with the "updated" versions. Can anyone help. Are there any suggestions as to what build might give me bombs?

Dianne

Zelda_Warrior
06-17-2007, 10:47 PM
I am still stuck without bombs, even with the "updated" versions. Can anyone help. Are there any suggestions as to what build might give me bombs?

Dianne

I can't load your save game.

I get an error that says 'the save does not match'.

I have never seen this error but I have not loaded a custom savefile either.

This is using the 'Raw Quest File' download.

Did you make sure to download the Raw Quest File download? I did not upload the link to the new version that has the full version. I am going to change that right now.

diannew
06-19-2007, 09:11 AM
I finally got the quest to run with bombs!! It took testing the quest out in many builds. Build 318 is what worked for me.

Dianne

Zelda_Warrior
06-19-2007, 11:38 AM
I found out why your save didn't work.

I didn't have the right version on my computer so the quests didn't match. Silly me.

Anyways, i'm working on the next one in the series and i'm going to try to make it more convenient. But... I'm having weird troubles with shops ans special item rooms so i'll be a while until I finish it I bet..

EDIT: BTW, do you see the pictures fine? They don't work quite right on my computer...

Zelda_Warrior
08-02-2007, 02:34 AM
I will double post, but only because this topic needs a little 'bump' because I need to ask something.

What should I do to make this quest more popular? Should I remove the .mp3s and replace them with .mid files, so that it can be places on quest databases easier, and also on a better host?

Also, has anybody found any bugs yet, or has anybody finished it? It's a shot quest

EDIT: FOR ANYBODY THAT HAS THE QUEST, I NEED THE LINK SO I CAN GET IT AGAIN MYSELF.
Stupid filefactor only has a 1 month inactivity download expiration. But i accidently deleted mine and need a copy. I'll need somebody that got it before the link expired.

P-Tux7
08-29-2019, 12:49 PM
I'm going to bump this thread because I want to play this quest but the download doesn't work. Does anyone have a backup of it?