PDA

View Full Version : Ice Rod?

idontknow
06-08-2007, 03:12 PM
Can anyone make a script for an Ice-Rod?

You shoot magic out of it, just like the magic wand, and when the magic collides with an enemy, the enemy turns shades of blue (so the script must have something about the enemies using a Blue Pallette) and the enemy freezes (doesn't move nor animate) and finally, the enemy assumes the properties of a push block (that you can push in all 4 directions for multiple times). Also like a push block, if Link freezes an enemy with this item and then pushes the frozen enemy onto a block trigger, it'll trigger secrets as if he pushed a regular block onto the trigger! This would be great for dungeons & puzzles.

Is this possible to do?

ShadowMancer
06-08-2007, 03:52 PM
It Should be possible, but there are going to have to be alot of workarounds, for one thing we cannont access weapon projectiles through script (not yet anyway) but it could create an ffc which would detect a collison with an enemy and then perform the ice effects... humm... mabye i'll try it.
Makeing the enemy act like a pushblock, not too hard, haveing it trigger block secrects, not sure how yet (back to reading the tutorials)

Although, from what I understand the Ice Rod will be a new item in an upcomeing beta (no idea how long of a wait)

C-Dawg
06-08-2007, 04:32 PM
I'm toying with this too. Replacing the enemy's pallette would be cumbersome, I'd rather just draw an ice block combo on the screen at that location. I'll keep you posted when I get it working.

Dan Furst
06-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Isn't it also true that FFC solidity does not work? I was able to fake it in my Ice Pushblocks script, but to have to fake it on every screen in the game would be unrealistic.

C-Dawg
06-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Right, it doesn't work. What I'm planning to do is replace the walkable combo closest to the enemy with a solid ice block combo, stashing the enemy at -16.-16 until the ice block melts. I can do this easily in Zodaic because (almost) every one of my walkable combos is a solid black background. For more complicated quests, I imagine you could save the previous walkable combo in a variable and reload it later.

Which reminds me. I've been just putting an FFC running the sideview script on every screen of my quest. Isn't there a way to make an FFC follow the player from screen to screen throughout the whole quest? Carryover or something?

Dan Furst
06-08-2007, 11:48 PM
Yes! All you have to do is put the ffc on the first screen you want it to run on, and check "Carry-Over" under the Flags tab.

I haven't tested this thoroughly, but it at least works when scrolling screen to screen.