PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VI glitch

Axel
06-08-2007, 12:22 PM
All right, here's my problem. I'm playing FF6 from FF Anthologies on the PS2. In the World of Ruin I've just exited Figaro Castle, as soon as I'm on the overworld map my character just starts moving left. He didn't do this in the Castle, only on the overworld map. If I press right he moves in that direction, but he refuses to move up or down. However, eventually moving left causes him to hit the coast and stop, so I can open the menu. I've tried restarting the game, using a tent, and reorganizing my party; nothing seems to give me back control. Any thoughts?

Glenn the Great
06-08-2007, 12:38 PM
I'd point to control stick centering issues, but I doubt that's what it is unless you're getting similar symptoms in other games or in the game's menus and not just the overworld.

Axel
06-08-2007, 12:51 PM
It only occurs on the overworld map. Dungeons, battles, and menus all act completely normally. But whenever I get back on the overworld map it starts pulling left again.

Linkus
06-08-2007, 01:12 PM
I've had a similar glitch like this happen on the original SNES version. Whenever I board the Falcon, I had to hold X just to move around over land, or else it will land where it stops, except over ocean or mountains. Apparently, it thinks that I'm holding B for some reason, but I'm obviously not. As far as I can remember, this glitch happened after leaving the cave at the Veldt in the World of Ruin.

From your predicament and mine, this might be an error that happens while moving from a area to an overworld.

mrz84
06-08-2007, 09:56 PM
I never remember having any problems like this. Good luck on figuring it out though. :kitty:

MottZilla
06-08-2007, 10:33 PM
Can you try playing it on a regular PSX? Also did you try enabling or disabling analog/dual shock mode? Did you try using a PS1 controller?

Warlock
06-09-2007, 07:25 PM
If you turn the PS2 on while the analog stick is held down in a certain position I believe it will be calibrated to that (so basically it thinks that is the center position and constantly moves you the opposite way). Maybe this is what happened? Try restarting the PS2 and make sure the controller is not being moved maybe?

Gleeok
06-09-2007, 07:34 PM
I had a similar problem once, in a different game though. Whenever there was a menu of some kind it would auto scroll so fast that I would just hit the X button and hope for the best. As it turned out it was controller 2 that was causing this! It was resting upside down on the carpet with the analog stick stuck in the down position. That was definately a doh! moment. Good luck.