PDA

View Full Version : Grabbing images and more

lupinealchemist
06-06-2007, 10:38 PM
So I know how to grab things, the problem is I can't identify the precise pixel length and width so when I grab an image it won't make gaps in the tiles. Also I want to ask if it's possible to put images on other images using layers like to put a window on a solid wall?

Gleeok
06-07-2007, 03:16 AM
Grab: Used for "grabbing" tiles from other tiles.
File extensions that are "grabbable": .qst, .til, .zgp, .bmp, .gif, .jpg.
- sel: shows how many pixels from the upper left corner of the image that the upper left corner of the tile you have selected is.
- pos: This show the postion in pixels that the top left corner of your current view is on the file you are viewing.
- cset: Change this by pressing + or -.
- step: Shows how many pixel increments the selector will move in. Toggle this from 16 to 1 to 8 by pressing S.
- Shows information about the file you have selected. Image size and beneath that the image's postion on your hard drive. Choose the image by clicking on File and Browse.

- step: Shows how many pixel increments the selector will move in. Toggle this from 16 to 1 to 8 by pressing S

As for layering, I'm not exactaly an authority on the stuff, I can't help you there.

lupinealchemist
06-07-2007, 01:42 PM
I recently calculated the pixel size of one Zelda screen to be X:255 Y:175 excluding the HUD. The problem is when grabbing the image (which I resized to a game screen size) it wouldn't display the whole file so I thought I had to divide the image file and grab both halves which caused the gaps I mentioned earlier. But now I discovered what the leech command does and I didn't have to cut the image, so it was my mistake.

Now I have another question. Is it possible to make all the image combos from the recently grabbed tiles at once without having to select a tile for each combo one by one?

Joe123
06-07-2007, 02:16 PM
If you want to put a window onto a wall on the tilesheet in zquest, 'O' lets you overlap tiles onto one another. And I dont think you can make mass combos like that, but you can copy combos if you go onto the combo editor, so you just need to copy it, move along and change the graphic