PDA

View Full Version : 2 triforce related suggestions and 1 not...

Questions
06-05-2007, 10:37 PM
1. Allow an unlimited number of Triforce Pieces: Super Mario 64 style quests will need this. After all I think that game had more than 8 stars.

2. Allow number of Triforce Pieces to be set to a counter: Let's makers of quests styled like the above easily show the amount without having 50+ Triforce Piece elements crammed in a custom subscreen.

3. Change Link's Layer while jumping: The Reason. (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28598) Currently it's set up like this:

L 0
L 1
L 2
Link and Walking enemies
L 3
L 4
Jumping and Flying enemies
L 5
L 6

Correct? Well Let's add something

L 0
L 1
L 2
Link and Walking enemies
L 3
L 4
Link (Air), Jumping and Flying enemies
L 5
L 6

This will simply allow us to avert a situation such as what's shown in the above link without the disabling the feather for 90% of the quest.

_L_
06-05-2007, 11:03 PM
1. Allow an unlimited number of Triforce Pieces: Super Mario 64 style quests will need this. After all I think that game had more than 8 stars.What's stopping you from putting more Triforce pieces in?

2. Allow number of Triforce Pieces to be set to a counter: Let's makers of quests styled like the above easily show the amount without having 50+ Triforce Piece elements crammed in a custom subscreen.Just edit the Triforce items so that they increment a counter when picked up.

3. Change Link's Layer while jumping: The Reason. (http://www.purezc.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28598)
A quest rule it is!

Questions
06-06-2007, 12:08 AM
What's stopping you from putting more Triforce pieces in?

But how would I block the player from reaching certain areas until they have a specific amount, without using other items, or scripts because those are completely impossible for me to understand so far.

Just edit the Triforce items so that they increment a counter when picked up.

So which counter would I use so it could be seen on the Subscreen?

NoeL
06-07-2007, 12:50 AM
Umm... I'd suggest thinking about the jumping problem a little more before you implement this quick-fix. With the "Jumping Link appears above layer 4" rule, as SOON as Link jumps, he appears above layers 3-4 until he lands! So if you stand behind a tree and jump, you'll appear in front of the tree until you land.

What if it's like an obelisk or something, a tall object that has a lot of walkable stuff behind it? You have to build most of it on layer 5-6, and just the base on layer 3-4, just to avoid the NEW problem (which will still be visible at the base of the obelisk).

It'd be better to take a bit more time on this one and develop a combo type that references Link's Y co-ordinate to determine if it should be drawn overhead or underfoot (shouldn't be hard, since you already have eyeball statues and overhead combos... just combine the two). I'm can't see a lot of people being satisfied with this quick fix because I think you've really over-simplified the problem.

beefster09
06-07-2007, 12:56 PM
It fixes both problems. If it were too difficult to make a var-depth combo, I'd much rather have the new problem, although you can't use really big objects, which kinda sucks.

Questions
06-08-2007, 10:17 PM
But how would I block the player from reaching certain areas until they have a specific amount, without using other items, or scripts because those are completely impossible for me to understand so far.

So which counter would I use so it could be seen on the Subscreen?

I'm waiting for answers here _L_.