PDA

View Full Version : Required Item

idontknow
06-03-2007, 12:34 PM
For the new item editor, i think that each item should have a "Required Item" option that allows you to pick another item that Link must have in his inventory before you can pick up this item. This is much like the required hearts option, but allows the user to expand the horizon a little bit.

For example:

Since you can now edit the lens to make it a variety of different widths, let's say you make the initial lens that a player finds in a dungeon have a pretty small width. However, there is a shop that sells upgraded lenses that have a bigger width. But, you want to require the player to find the little lens before he is able to purchase the bigger lens.

Other examples:

-Not being able to pick up the giant wallet before you find the big one.
-You have to find the small bomb bag before you can collect the bigger one.

Actually, after looking at my examples, I realize they all have to do with collecting items within the same class. Perhaps you could have an option for each item that requires you to collect them in order of level #.

So, if this option is true for a level 4 sword, you cannot pick up that sword until you have the level 3 sword in your inventory. Or for my lens example, you cannot pick up the bigger lens (level #2) until you have the small lens (level #1)

Master_of_Power
06-03-2007, 04:10 PM
or you can't get the Master Sword without the first 3 triforce pieces(Amulets;LTTP reference)

Or you can't get the Arrows unless you have the Quiver

etc...

I'm for this!