PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Item Editor Misc. Attributes

idontknow
06-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Here are some additional misc. attributes that should be implemented for items.

1. Candles
Misc. 1: The number of times you can use it on each screen, 0 = unlimited.
Misc. 2: The duration that each flame lasts while on the screen, 0 would mean an "eternal" flame (that is, until Link leaves the screen)
*Because of Misc. 1, flag 1 would therefore be unnecessary.

2. Wand
Misc 1: The amount of damage the magic does (not the wand itself)
Misc 2: The speed at which the magic is fired (default would be somewhere around 50--more than 50 would make it faster, less than would make it slower.

3. Books
Power: How much damage the wand's fire does.
Flag 1: If checked, it also triggers all Burn/Fire/Candle flags. If not, it does not trigger such flags. This would be necessary if you want to make the wand fire look something other than actual fire. By default this flag would be checked.

4. Step-Ladder
Power: Change this to be the number of consecutive step-ladders you can use in a row. By default, it would be 1. If you make it 2, then Link can cross 2 adjacent "ladder only" combos if he has this ladder. This would be great for a regular ladder (power of 1) and a large ladder (power of 3)
Flag 1: If checked, than this is a 4-way ladder.

5. Raft
Misc 1: The raft's speed
Flag 1: If checked, Link can get hurt while riding the raft (although he'll always stay on the raft rather than be knocked back)
Flag 2: If checked, Link can use items while on the raft, such as the sword, bow/arrow, magic wand, boomerang, etc.

6. Lens
Misc. 2: The color of the lens layer (selected from the Misc. Colors pallette). Default is black. This way, you can make the lens purple like in OoT, or any other color of your choice.
Flag 1: If checked, it also reveals invisible enemies (therefore get rid of the pertinent Quest Rule)

7. Boomerang
Flag 1: If checked, it picks up items dropped by enemies, such as hearts, fairies, rupees, & bombs. This way, it varies by boomerang, rather than have a quest rule for it.

Questions
06-03-2007, 04:22 PM
Here are some additional misc. attributes that should be implemented for items.

1. Candles
Misc. 1: The number of times you can use it on each screen, 0 = unlimited.
Misc. 2: The duration that each flame lasts while on the screen, 0 would mean an "eternal" flame (that is, until Link leaves the screen)
*Because of Misc. 1, flag 1 would therefore be unnecessary.

Good Idea.

2. Wand
Misc 2: The speed at which the magic is fired (default would be somewhere around 50--more than 50 would make it faster, less than would make it slower.

Actually Power should decide the Magic Damage. After all that's the point of the wand, the melee is a bonus. Make Misc. 1 the Melee damage 0 = Wand cannot affect enemies by itself (ie only Magic can affect them). In addition Flag 1: Magic stops at Solid comboes instead of Screen edge. This would be different from Block Magic comboes in the sense that if you have the book the fire would still appear, allowing use to properly use the Burn 3 flag.

3. Books
Power: How much damage the wand's fire does.
Flag 1: If checked, it also triggers all Burn/Fire/Candle flags. If not, it does not trigger such flags. This would be necessary if you want to make the wand fire look something other than actual fire. By default this flag would be checked.

Good.

4. Step-Ladder
Power: Change this to be the number of consecutive step-ladders you can use in a row. By default, it would be 1. If you make it 2, then Link can cross 2 adjacent "ladder only" combos if he has this ladder. This would be great for a regular ladder (power of 1) and a large ladder (power of 3)
Flag 1: If checked, than this is a 4-way ladder.

I love that.

5. Raft
Misc 1: The raft's speed
Flag 1: If checked, Link can get hurt while riding the raft (although he'll always stay on the raft rather than be knocked back)
Flag 2: If checked, Link can use items while on the raft, such as the sword, bow/arrow, magic wand, boomerang, etc.

Yay Motor Raft:tongue:. Personally I'd ditch the speed modifier. The rest is great though.

6. Lens
Misc. 2: The color of the lens layer (selected from the Misc. Colors pallette). Default is black. This way, you can make the lens purple like in OoT, or any other color of your choice.
Flag 1: If checked, it also reveals invisible enemies (therefore get rid of the pertinent Quest Rule)

Add Flag 2: Lens layer is tranparent (but doesn't show anything under the layer just in the circle near Link.

7. Boomerang
Flag 1: If checked, it picks up items dropped by enemies, such as hearts, fairies, rupees, & bombs. This way, it varies by boomerang, rather than have a quest rule for it.

Questionable in the sense that if you were to pick up a boomerang with one of the two functions then later you get another boomerang with the other function it would be a little wierd.

Comments in Bold

AmazingAmpharos
06-04-2007, 01:34 PM
In the spirit of fighting the temptation to make suggestions that slow down 2.5, I'm just going to respond with what I feel is a better model for the Candle. I really do want to make a list that's like yours but longer, but meh...

Candle
Power: Power of flame
Misc 1: Range of flame (in half tiles; 4 by default)
Misc 2: Number of flames on screen (2 by default)
Flag 1: 1 use per screen
Flag 2: Flames hurt Link (obviously the book would need this too to kill the quest rule)

_L_
06-05-2007, 03:52 AM
Thanks for your suggestions!

Misc. 2: The duration that each flame lasts while on the screen, 0 would mean an "eternal" flame (that is, until Link leaves the screen)Hmm... good point.

2. Wand

Actually Power should decide the Magic Damage. After all that's the point of the wand, the melee is a bonus. Make Misc. 1 the Melee damage 0 = Wand cannot affect enemies by itself (ie only Magic can affect them). In addition Flag 1: Magic stops at Solid comboes instead of Screen edge. This would be different from Block Magic comboes in the sense that if you have the book the fire would still appear, allowing use to properly use the Burn 3 flag.Here's an idea:
* The wand magic's damage is equal to the Power of the Book you are holding.
* If you don't have a Book, the Wand can't cast magic.
* Book magic won't create Fire if the Book's Flag 1 isn't set.
* All quests prior to this one will have an invisible "Level 0 Book" automatically inserted into their Init. Data, with a Power of 2.

But, though this is a convenient plan, it is also an audacious one.

Incidentally, you can already use the Burn 3 flag by setting the "Burn Flags Are Triggered Instantly" quest rule.

4. Step-Ladder
Power: Change this to be the number of consecutive step-ladders you can use in a row. By default, it would be 1. If you make it 2, then Link can cross 2 adjacent "ladder only" combos if he has this ladder. This would be great for a regular ladder (power of 1) and a large ladder (power of 3)Ah, that's a bit too tricky to perform at the moment, what with sideview and such...

5. Raft
Misc 1: The raft's speedUnfortunately, the raft's speed is tied intimately to Link's walking routine, which is a bit of a tricky area at the moment.

Well, I'll see.

6. Lens
Flag 1: If checked, it also reveals invisible enemies (therefore get rid of the pertinent Quest Rule)I'll dispose of that quest rule one way or another.

Add Flag 2: Lens layer is tranparent (but doesn't show anything under the layer just in the circle near Link.That's actually much more difficult than it seems.

Maybe.

Questions
06-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Here's an idea:
* The wand magic's damage is equal to the Power of the Book you are holding.
* If you don't have a Book, the Wand can't cast magic.
* Book magic won't create Fire if the Book's Flag 1 isn't set.
* All quests prior to this one will have an invisible "Level 0 Book" automatically inserted into their Init. Data, with a Power of 2.

But, though this is a convenient plan, it is also an audacious one.

Incidentally, you can already use the Burn 3 flag by setting the "Burn Flags Are Triggered Instantly" quest rule.

Once again you're just treating the wand as yet another Melee Weapon. That is just completely killing the point of the wand, and it semi-breaks ZC's ability to emulate Zelda 1. If someone does a Z1 remake using 2.5 then they're going to wonder why the wand they obtain in Level 6 doesn't work. The only thing that'll do is piss them off and they aren't going to want to hand out a custom book from the start just so that they can use wand magic. It's just stupid the way I see it.

And in regards to the flag I suggested, it's not quite right. It looks like the flag triggers to the magic not the fire.

AmazingAmpharos
06-05-2007, 07:23 PM
I actually like L's suggestion for the Book. The Book is so useless right now; it needs to have an important function. Any irritation caused by the awkward Book situation could be resolved by implementing the Level 0 Book as a default item that is also automatically checked in the Initial Data of all new quests.

I'd still really like a way to toggle the Book on and off, and with this proposed change to the Book, it might even be interesting to have multiple Books you can switch between based on situation. That's more practical if Books get the same fire customization options that Candles do, if magic graphics are a part of the Book's properties, and if the magic cost for Wand blasts is tied to the Book instead of to the Wand. Hey,that would also let you make the melee function of the Wand and the shooting function of the Wand have independent magic costs. You could even be clever and have one cost magic and the other rupees. I can already see using my free but very weak Book for general fighting, switching to my low magic costing flame Book for solving puzzles, and then pulling out my massive magic cost super strong Book for boss fights.

idontknow
06-05-2007, 09:24 PM
Actually, I like L's suggestion for the magic book & wand as well. You could theoretically have a sidequest in your quest where the wand is useless and so you therefore need to find a magic book in order to use it (much like the Dominion Rod in LoZ:TP) I think it's better than my original suggestion for the magic wand.

ShadowTiger
06-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Once again you're just treating the wand as yet another Melee Weapon. That is just completely killing the point of the wand, and it semi-breaks ZC's ability to emulate Zelda 1. If someone does a Z1 remake using 2.5 then they're going to wonder why the wand they obtain in Level 6 doesn't work. The only thing that'll do is piss them off and they aren't going to want to hand out a custom book from the start just so that they can use wand magic. It's just stupid the way I see it.

And in regards to the flag I suggested, it's not quite right. It looks like the flag triggers to the magic not the fire.

Questions, this is completely backwards compatible, you realize. There's nothing here that would spoil that "classic" feeling, as they wouldn't even see that book[1]. The Actual "Book" book would be Book 2, as per what was done with the Power Bracelets.

Questions
06-05-2007, 10:23 PM
Still I think it's a stupid idea.