PDA

View Full Version : Combo Area Effect

WindStrike
06-03-2007, 10:52 AM
And here's a mockup of what I mean, since tis the easiest and least complicated way to understand my point:
http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g35/Wind_Strike/AreaEffectWater.jpg
Yes, I'm fully aware that the A.Frames/A.Speed aren't set and the type is none, but for this, let's just say the type is water. Now see that new yellow box I added in via Microlame Paint? That would be the area effect of the type. So whatever is in yellow is whatever type it is (in this case, water). Whatever is not in yellow is automatically "(None)" for the type. This would be useful for a variety of cases, such as setting the exact parameters on water. It doesn't quite make since for part of land to act as water, but say that topright corner is "(None)" type, so we can walk on that part and not step into the water.

I think the problem with this is complications with the solid part potentially counteracting the area effect portion, but after thinking about it a bit more, they'd actually go hand in hand. Let's say that wasn't grass in the upper right, but rather a wall of some sort. You wouldn't want to be able to walk on it, but you also wouldn't want to swim on it - with area affect thing-a-ma-jiggy, you'd be able to swim on the water portions without having to swim into the wall, thus allowing more freedom in both the making/playing of a quest, not to mention the precision.

... hopefully, it isn't quite to late for making larger type suggestions like this, eh...

Also, I'd assume the default setting for all combos is that (given this were implemented) the box for the effect would be completely filled in (all yellow). Of course, if the main type were "(None)", then the area effect would count it as none.

andrewmcd1
06-03-2007, 10:57 AM
That... could be quite useful.

So you could have, for example, Half of the tile being a warp, or 1/4 of it being a damage combo?

It could lead to "Even-more-sensitive warps :P

Questions
06-03-2007, 04:31 PM
Gimme please. It is so awesome.

ShadowTiger
06-17-2007, 12:25 AM
For all obviously reasons, this would be one of those really useful changes that everyone could use. It'd be a bit hard to program though, I'd bet, but useful nonetheless. What else can be said? :shrug: It's an "Enabler" of ideas. Too bad you can't have four different combos for each quarter.

Shoelace
06-17-2007, 04:28 AM
lol. This is my "Action" box idea, I had a year or so ago, before the A. Speed stuff was added. Same exact description too. Awesome! Two minds think alike. Of course I seconded it also. I don't remember what the reason why it couldn't be made, might have along the lines of being to hard to program, may have to look up that thread to see. Too bad AGN doesn't have a search engine.

Luigi
06-17-2007, 10:04 AM
Found it:

http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?t=88486

beefster09
06-17-2007, 03:50 PM
Yes, yes, YES! It's kinda weird to have tiles like that that act as all water, etc. It's pretty lame to have to use squares to make things look right.