PDA

View Full Version : Custom Items

idontknow
06-03-2007, 10:30 AM
Is it possible to actually use custom items yet? And by use I mean so that they appear in the subscreen, can be selected, and then Link can use the item. I'm trying to make a custom bomb item. It's basically a bomb flower that you can pickup and collect multiple ones (using an additional counter). Unlike normal or super bombs, you can place up to 3 of these at once and you detonate them, rather than them exploding.

So I have some questions particularly for this item:

-How do I make it so that the bomb flower appears as a selectable item in the subscreen without replacing the normal or super bombs?

-How do you I make a counter that counts the number of bomb flowers I collect?

-How do I make it so that when I use the bomb flower, it subtracts 1 from that bomb flower?

_L_
06-03-2007, 10:59 PM
-How do I make it so that the bomb flower appears as a selectable item in the subscreen without replacing the normal or super bombs?Making a custom item family appear in the subscreen is the same as making any other item family appear on the subscreen.

-How do you I make a counter that counts the number of bomb flowers I collect?
A counter that appears on the subscreen? Maybe not possible.

-How do I make it so that when I use the bomb flower, it subtracts 1 from that bomb flower?
Item script! (Note: you'll also need a script to make the bombs' explosions. But I don't think you can do that yet.)

DarkDragon
06-04-2007, 02:51 AM
The best I can think of is to create Lit Bomb weapons offscreen somewhere, then teleport them in right as they're about to explode. Unfortunately this means you can't make your items explode instantaneously.

idontknow
06-04-2007, 03:57 PM
Alright, can you please explain how to make a custom Item Family? I understand the basics of editing items & i understand how item families work. However, i do i make a custom item family? (In this case, a family of Bomb Flowers)

C-Dawg
06-04-2007, 04:55 PM
The best I can think of is to create Lit Bomb weapons offscreen somewhere, then teleport them in right as they're about to explode. Unfortunately this means you can't make your items explode instantaneously.

I was of the impression that you couldn't create weapons with scripts. Has that changed? (Daddy wants to script MFing missles!)

_L_
06-04-2007, 11:39 PM

Bombs will explode properly if their clk is equal to their misc (i.e their fuse length) minus two. Is this possible?