PDA

View Full Version : Some GBA suggestions, please?

mrz84
06-03-2007, 01:17 AM
After getting my Micro two weeks ago, I've since bought the following:

Mario+Luigi Super Star Saga
Metroid Zero Mission
Sigma Star Saga
Pokemon Fire Red (today)
Scurge Hive (today)
Final Fantasy 4 Advance (via Amazon.com)
Megaman Battle Network 5: Team Protoman*Blues* (also via Amazon.com though I wanted Team Colonel and couldn't find a copy for some reason)

Some games I'm considering getting:

Summon Night: Swordcraft Story (both of them)
Metroid Fusion
Pokemon Emerald/Sapphire
Sonic Battle
Yugioh (either GX Academy or World Tourn 2006 Edition)
Tactics Ogre Advance
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
FF 1+2: Dawn of Souls
Yggdra Union
Riviera the Promised Land
Super Robot Taisen (jsut the first one for now)
Fire Emblem (both of them)
Golden Sun (both of them)
Megaman Zero 3 (or 4)
Castlevania (The Moon, Harmony, and Aria)
Tales of Phantasia
Rebelstar
Advance Wars (both)
Kirby (both)
Mario VS DK
Wario Land 4
Minish Cap
Sword of Mana
Lunar Legend
Worms World Party (nothing like blowing up fish bait)
Lufia Ruins of Lore
KH: Chain of Memories

And that's all I can think of off the top of my head..... Any addtions you'd like to suggest? Comments on my choices? :kitty:

Cloral
06-03-2007, 02:52 AM
If you like MMBN5, you should consider getting some of the earlier entries in the series. I liked the first couple better than the more recent titles.
The first Golden Sun is a good game to pick up, I would push it higher on your list. The second one is also good, but it definately drags in places.

Glenn the Great
06-03-2007, 03:28 AM
Metroid Fusion was a lot of fun. It's not very challenging, but very fun.

mrz84
06-03-2007, 07:43 AM
If you like MMBN5, you should consider getting some of the earlier entries in the series. I liked the first couple better than the more recent titles.
The first Golden Sun is a good game to pick up, I would push it higher on your list. The second one is also good, but it definately drags in places.

My list isn't in any particular order, I just put whatever came to mind. I do want to get the earlier ones MMBN games though.

Masamune
06-03-2007, 10:53 AM
FF6 for GBA.

AtmaWeapon
06-03-2007, 11:45 AM
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance is pretty fun; a lot of people give it flak for its story and lack of difficulty. The story I can't argue against but I did like it a lot better on my initial playthrough. The difficulty is the natural result of taking the epic near-hour-long battles that even random encounters can become in FFT and making a game with a design goal of < 10 minutes per battle.

FF1 & 2 was pretty cool; I never finished 2 but it was mainly because I didn't finish it before some other game I really wanted came out.

Golden Sun is a game I play when waiting for some blockbuster game and I have never finished it either but it is still great fun.

Do yourself a favor and take Sword of Mana off of the list. I am going to go more in-depth once I finish it but so far it is in my opinion one of the worst RPGs I've ever played.

Put Dr. Mario/Puzzle League on the list. You need Puzzle League... it calls to you.

mrz84
06-03-2007, 12:13 PM
I do plan on getting FF 6 after beating 4 and then buying and beating 5.

As for Sword of Mana, I'd either play it, or the original Final Fantasy Adventure. Either one, I'd still play so might as well play the remake.

MottZilla
06-03-2007, 01:09 PM
You've got a pretty good list there, I'm not sure if I could name much that isn't on your lists. The best GBA game easily is Metroid Zero Mission. No question about it. The Castlevania games are alright, I liked the Mega Man Zero series too. I think there's actually a Mega Man GBA collection that includes all the GB Mega Mans. That reminds me I need to get that.

I never was that big into the GBA despite owning even the very first GBA which had no backlight and was in my opinion unplayable. I ended up ebaying it after buying a GBASP.

Warlock
06-03-2007, 01:22 PM
I think there's actually a Mega Man GBA collection that includes all the GB Mega Mans. That reminds me I need to get that.

I thought that was never released. At least, I never heard it was nor have seen it in stores.

MottZilla
06-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Ya, after posting I looked into it, Capcom canned it. ='(

vegeta1215
06-04-2007, 07:13 PM
If you can track it down, get the original Advance Wars. It is easily the best GBA game made to date. It is a pretty good challenge and it has a lot of replay value.

mrz84
06-04-2007, 08:41 PM
I actually found a copy for $10 bucks, almost brand-spanking new, on Amazon, but didn't order it because my order was already $50 (with shipping and handling!) and didn't want to break the bank.....again..... :sweat: I may order it though tonight. And my copy of MMBN5 came in today! What's more is that it is the Team Colonel version and not Blues. I must have not remembered the details exactly. Meh. :kitty: