PDA

View Full Version : Feds say top spammer arrested

Prrkitty
05-31-2007, 09:46 PM
Woohoo!! 1 down... a million to go <lol> ...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/internet/05/31/spam.arrest.ap/index.html

Questwizard88
05-31-2007, 10:21 PM
At least they got one of them. Now they need to get that Russian botnet that sends out nearly all of those pump n' dump stock scam emails down. That'll wipe out even more than getting that guy will.

Gleeok
05-31-2007, 10:39 PM
:clap: :clap: :clap:
About fucking time. No judge, no jury, no trial. Just douse him in gasoline and let the flames of retribution burn through the minds of those that would seek to rise in his place.:thumbsup:
Aww, i'm getting all misty eyed.

Daarkseid
06-01-2007, 04:39 AM
About fucking time. No judge, no jury, no trial. Just douse him in gasoline and let the flames of retribution burn through the minds of those that would seek to rise in his place.:thumbsup:
Aww, i'm getting all misty eyed.

Yeah, I actually abhor the death penalty.. but man, fuck those guys.

Majora
06-01-2007, 07:21 AM
Woohoo!! 1 down... a million to go <lol> ...

http://www.cnn.com/2007/TECH/internet/05/31/spam.arrest.ap/index.html

Technically 9 more to go :) I hope I notice a drop in the amount of spam I get.:clap::clap:

Darth Marsden
06-01-2007, 07:45 AM
<Checks email>

Nope, still getting spam. Come back when they're all hung, drawn and quartered.

mrz84
06-01-2007, 07:58 AM
Spammers beware! Your time is at hand! :kitty:

ShadowTiger
06-01-2007, 09:26 AM
.. but man, fuck those guys.Depending on the prison, that'd be the death sentence right there...

Checking for the effects of this capture upon the world is like checking to see how many cavities you don't have. It's a very hope-inspiring number, sure, but it's kinda difficult to find. X x.

Cloral
06-01-2007, 12:15 PM
I remember a while ago they had one of the guys who spams people on the Daily Show trying to defend what he does. At the end of the piece they got him to give out his email, presumably so that everybody could spam it. Though I was thinking that he probably just collected the email addresses of everybody who mailed to it and used them for spam.
Anyway, I hope this is the start of a trend. The fact that you have to have a spamblocker on your email account is pretty stupid in my opinion.

{DSG}DarkRaven
06-01-2007, 12:38 PM
But where will I get my invites to the 2008 Chinese Flow Expo from now? :(

moocow
06-01-2007, 02:09 PM
They can't kill off all spammers!! I rather enjoy the 16 e-mails a day that I get telling me how my penis isn't quite large enough, and that with one little pill once an hour I can not only make my penis LARGER, but I'll also gain confidence and please my lady!!

mrz84
06-01-2007, 02:12 PM
They can't kill off all spammers!! I rather enjoy the 16 e-mails a day that I get telling me how my penis isn't quite large enough, and that with one little pill once an hour I can not only make my penis LARGER, but I'll also gain confidence and please my lady!!

Lol. Comedy/sarcasm is most definitly one of your strong suits. :kitty:

Pineconn
06-01-2007, 03:50 PM
Wow. That could possibly be the funniest thing I'll read this month. :D

The_Amaster
06-01-2007, 04:43 PM
A new era is being usherd in, where we no longer need fear our inboxes.

Fried Chicken
06-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Luckily, I never have to worry about spam myself. I have one account I use to signup up on forums and stuff, one for buying things etc, and another for personal use.

Beldaran
06-01-2007, 07:02 PM
Yeah, I actually abhor the death penalty.. but man, fuck those guys.

So if I were to rape a child and then kill and his whole family, you'd want me kept in a comfortable cell with cable TV and plenty of food and books, but if I send you an advertisement for penis pills, then I should be executed?

Majora
06-01-2007, 07:15 PM
So if I were to rape a child and then kill and his whole family, you'd want me kept in a

comfortable cell
with cable TV
and plenty of food
and books,

but if I send you an advertisement for penis pills, then I should be executed?

Cell: Is not usually comfortable, and ESPECIALLY not with a cell mate that outweighs you by 50+lbs
Cable TV: They have that in jail? I assume only in some then.
Food: Based on what I've heard, the food is crappy (I could be wrong)
Books: Well, I suppose there's that, but usually it's not peaceful enough to read.
(Again, I could be dead wrong, but thats my 2 cents)

Back on topic:

LOL @ moocow
@ST: Yes, crappy jails are HELL (I know I don't need to say it, but still: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT DROP THE SOAP, ALL OF YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!)

Spammers suck. And the less the better. Maybe not KILL them, but heavy fines and long jail time should do it.

Kairyu
06-01-2007, 07:15 PM
What good is this? The guy's still alive. Wake me up when they actually finish the job.

Pineconn
06-01-2007, 07:55 PM
Pineconn_lolz, must you register under a pseudonym again?

(I know I don't need to say it, but still: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT DROP THE SOAP, ALL OF YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!)

...Why not, exactly? :p

Majora
06-01-2007, 08:46 PM
I refuse to say it, Pineconn. I think we both know what happens....

Pineconn_lolz, have you read my sig? As soon as you get re-banned, re-read it. First impressions are not forgotten easily.

EDIT: If someone gets permabanned, does that mean the name is not available? If so, THAT HEARTLESS BASTARD. He's taking all the good ones.

Daarkseid
06-01-2007, 09:06 PM
So if I were to rape a child and then kill and his whole family, you'd want me kept in a comfortable cell with cable TV and plenty of food and books, but if I send you an advertisement for penis pills, then I should be executed?

... Yes, exactly.

I wasn't really being facetious as a way to express the depths of my dislike for spammers, I seriously hate those fuckers so much that I'd be willing to tolerate a glaring inconsistency in my views.

Aegix Drakan
06-01-2007, 10:55 PM
XD At long last, one less spammer! I detest 'em with a passion! And it's also a bad marketing ploy.

@ moocow: ROFLMAO. they guy really didn't do his market research. ...or is there something you're not telling us? XD

...Why not exactly?

...To put it tastefully, when you bend down to pick up the soap, some guy might just sneak up behind you and...ahh...do nasty things.

..I'll never understand why people bend over to pick up the soap. Isn't it safer just to crouch and grab it that way?

Pineconn
06-01-2007, 11:15 PM
I think I need the whole soap thing to be spelled out in front of my retinas. :tongue: I think it's because [this (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1d/Brain.svg/652px-Brain.svg.png)] part of my body isn't functioning properly right at this moment.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v125/PokeMaster/wooo0t.png

Pwned.

biggiy05
06-02-2007, 09:53 AM
How many of you are basing prison life solely on what you have seen in movies? You don't know how little or how much of it is really true until you are on the inside.

Majora
06-02-2007, 10:17 AM
Does watching "Prison Break" count? And testimonies from people who've been in the clink?

Beldaran
06-02-2007, 12:01 PM
... Yes, exactly.

I wasn't really being facetious as a way to express the depths of my dislike for spammers, I seriously hate those fuckers so much that I'd be willing to tolerate a glaring inconsistency in my views.

haha I can respect that. After all, as Ralph Waldo Emmerson said, "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."