PDA

View Full Version : New experts quest

Jeffrotull
05-30-2007, 01:36 PM
I've recently finished a quest I've been working on for almost a year. The Brothers Quest. It's an expert quest for beta 254. It uses BS graphics and takes advantage of the beta features. Fairly well tested and balanced. It's very open; you can explore most of the overworld early on and can play dungeons out of order if you wish. I've submitted it to ZeldaClassic but have had no response since May 26th. Not sure they will add beta quests either. Also an easier version is available at the website for good players. Amateur and newbies will likely get frusterated with the difficulty. The game does not start out super difficult though but gets progessively more challenging.

http://brothersquest.hostrocket.com for download, readme, pics and tips.

dagon
05-30-2007, 05:24 PM
The link for the easy version works but the other one doesn't.

Jeffrotull
05-30-2007, 07:34 PM
I just fixed the broken link. Thanks.

dagon
05-31-2007, 12:15 AM
Something is wrong with that easy version. It kept crashing when i tried to play it. Hasn't been a problem with the regular version though and so it far it looks like a great game.

elise
05-31-2007, 06:03 AM
It suddenly crashed for me too yesterday , but I thought it was me who by accident must have hit alt and ctrl at the same time .........I think thats is or was a version bug in some older alphas

ms_zelda_lady
05-31-2007, 01:51 PM
Hmm.....Why would other people's Zelda version 254 crash? I'm guess I'm a lucky one because I've managed to play level 1 and part of level 2 without any problems at all. No crashing here.
Great quest Jeffrotull! Been exploring and came across some handy things that will help me get further. Although I am trying out the easy version its really not that easy but at least you've made it very enjoyable. Once I finish the easy version I will try the harder one.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

ms_zelda_lady

elise
05-31-2007, 01:55 PM
I already played a few dungeons great part of level 1 and 2 before it happened
you never know when it strikes ;)

dagon
05-31-2007, 05:05 PM
It seems to mainly be crashing in the cave systems especially if you go continue. It's also happening in the regular version.

Jeffrotull
05-31-2007, 05:06 PM
That's really strange. Mine never crashes when I play. Maybe dependent on hardware? Betas are maybe not as compatible with everyone. I'll check out easy version and see if I have a problem.

dagon
05-31-2007, 05:19 PM
It's happened 3 times now in the cave near the water to the top left of the overworld, the cave with all the octorocks in it. I go continue and it's just as likely to crash then start again. As long as that's what makes it crash i can easily avoid going continue in there because so far the caves are the only places it seems to happen.

elise
05-31-2007, 05:32 PM
I also had it in level 1 on a screen where I light the candle first time it crashed second time no problem at all there :shrug:
You can't do anything against it only thing you can do is save often but the down part is you start at the begin of the game again ;)

Jeffrotull
05-31-2007, 07:28 PM
I have my brother and 2 of my friends playing it. They have each gotten to at least level 3 and no crashes so far. I've played through the entire game twice with no crashes also. Maybe a newer version will solve the problem but I don't know. Wish I could be more helpful.

Sam Atoms
06-03-2007, 07:09 PM
There's a stick of bait that I need in level 3, but it seems to be stuck in the top left corner of one of the passageways nearby.

On a side note, the Yellow Goriyas, Brown Leevers, and silver and gold octoroks.... very nice touch.

erm2003
06-04-2007, 06:08 PM
Do you plan on updating the quest file now and then so items work as new betas come out? I know that may be a pain but I personally don't keep multiple betas on my computer and many others may do the same so that we test the latest versions. I did try out a little of your quest but I know I will run into a fatal bug since the bombs need to be rest if you are using a more recent beta than 254. Also I don't know if the QDB (even if it was working) would accept a quest built on a beta. You may need to update it for whenever 2.5 is finished anyway.

dagon
06-07-2007, 07:37 PM
Wow, what a game. I hope people see this quest and try it out. Very challenging indeed, reminded me of Ouch's Armegeddon quest though i liked seeing all the items used along with far more overworld and dungeons. Other than the engine crashing it was very solid gameplay and just an overall terrific quest.

Jeffrotull
06-09-2007, 08:40 PM
I've been waiting to move the quest to a newer version and implement some of the new items and such. Each version since 254 has some critical bug like no armor, no shield or no bombs. I keep testing each new version and will keep doing so.

That meat in level 3 was a bug that is fixed in newer versions. There is meat available in level 3 but it's after the feed me guy. There is also one free meat in the overworld in a cave fairly close to the beginning. Also you can always buy the meat. But you probably knew that.